Interview - (2004-04-26) Vegabond_635

Interview - (2004-04-26) Vegabond_635

Description: Onyx interviews Vegabond_635 for the Phrozen Keep on his Kingdom of Tenai mod.

Categories: Interviews

[color=white][b]ONYX:[/b]

First of all tell us a little about yourself.
[/color]

[color=yellow][b]VEGABOND:[/b]

LoL, well I've never been able to answer this question very well, and I'm a very 'closed' person, so that doesn't help. I supose statistics will have to do. I'm 19, I turn 20 in may, I have a 6 year old daughter (yes you read right), I work at Rota's Bar and Grill as a dishwasher/prep cook, I live in Kamloops, BC, Canada. I love diablo2, I've been playing it since classic came out.
[/color]

Why Vegabond and why 635?
[/color]

Well lets see, first off its _635, always :), and that started in grade 9 of highschool, with a buddy of mine, kinda like a 'tag'. Vegabond, well, i used to play a game called Vagabond's Quest, and you wern't allowed to have the name Vagabond :), so I chose to use Vegabond and its been my nick since grade 9 as well.
[/color]

What sparked your interest to Diablo 2 back then?
[/color]

I've had a computer since I was 8, I had a SNES and NES before that, a caleco before that, games are in my blood, I played diablo1 alot, as well as warcraft1 and 2, so I knew blizzard games were good, I love RPG's, so naturaly I'm gona pick up diablo2.
[/color]

In your opinion, why Diablo 2 continues to be going strong this long and did you ever expected that when you started playing?
[/color]

Well, No I never expected it, and I haven't found a game that can replace it, I've quit a few times, but I always seem to come back to diablo2. I honestly can't say 100% why its such a great captivator, but it just is.
[/color]

How did you found the Phrozen Keep and what made you start modding?
[/color]

Well, I always liked to goto the diablo 2 sites, and read stuff, one day I was at planetdiablo and saw the mods stuff, which directed me to phrozen keep. I also only started modding a while after 1.10, since I've always wanted my own set, I almost had it in hell on earth 2, and PC was going to let me do some sets in eastern sun, but that never panned out, so I decided I'd do it myself :) and here Kingdom of Tenai is.
[/color]

How would you describe your mod, Kingdom of Tenai, to a person who never played it and knows nothing about it?
[/color]

I'd tell them to goto the site and read the features list and look at the screen shots, if they thought they wanted to play then to download it, theres no one certain way to decribe it. I just figured, I'd let other people play it as well, since I made it for me.
[/color]

Kingdon of Tenai is extremely popular. In your opinion, what is the feature that makes your mod succesfull?
[/color]

All of it adds up, but if it was one thing that did the most adding, it would be the skill system.
[/color]

Is there a feature from Diablo 2 you think that should remain unchanged in a mod?
[/color]

Well, if you could capture the essence of diablo2 and put it in a bottle, thats the feature that should never change, and never will, because a mod would then be using an entirely new game engine, even dark alliance with all its code and complete revamp, is still surrounded by the essence of diablo2.
[/color]

What can we look forward to in the future versions of Kingdom of Tenai?
[/color]

Completed set of gemwords, from all sorta gems, new runewords, completed sets and uniques, crafting recipes, more monsters, more skills, more, more more :), those who love it, will love it more, those who don't know about it, and learn about it will see all that I've done so far.
[/color]

Besides your own, what mods would you recommend to the players?
[/color]

Even though Hell on Earth 2 is quite abandoned by the mod makers, anyone who wants try that out, should, its the first mod I really got into. Eastern Sun is the one I moved onto next as well as a little Ancients: The Fury Within. I played a little zy-el, but didn't have the drive to play mods much then so I didn't give it the full respect it should deserve at the time. Escape from the Afterlife by mouse and Hordes of Chaos are also noteworthy even though I haven't personally tried them, Adhin's Blackened is worth a look if you like all sorts of whirly new skills :)
[/color]

What is your advice to newbie modmakers?
[/color]

Make the mod for yourself, not other people, and have fun.
[/color]

Thanks for your time.
[/color]

Thanks for the interview, I just hope more people start to play Kingdom of Tenai because of it :D
[/color]

Link to this article: Select all

[url=http://d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=273]Knowledge Base - Interview - (2004-04-26) Vegabond_635[/url]