1.11 Announced

Check here for any important information about the Phrozen Keep and these forums. Only staff members may start a new topic but anyone may post their thoughts and responses.
Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: 1.11 Announced

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:22 am

Not to throw cold water on anything, but I can think of two reasons why this patch might not be all that great, depending on its actual release date.

1) Who is left from the original team? This patch might be buggy.

2) If it comes out soon, it will probably be a relatively incremental patch.

Adding superuniques is not a huge deal. The mystery of Lilith would be whther she is a Diabloclone sort or what her powers and attributes will be.

What I really hope is Blizzard increases some of the constricting serialization limits we have bumped against, such as 256 lines in states.txt or 1024 monsters or 2048 affixes. But that would truly be a modmaker-oriented gift so we have to hope Blizzard has a need for such extra space too.

As for the code changes, at least finding new addresses for known code is a lot easier than developing new code. All the d2mod plugins will need to be redone for a new patch, but at least their developers have their own source code!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:18 pm

1.11 Death Poll: which of these will end up in the patch?

· Encrypted txt files to prevent open B.net cheating.
· First test of their new MPQ2 file format.
· Improved security against cheats such as PlugY and D2Mod.
· Renaming of -direct -txt to /direct /txt without notice.
· Data folder moved into \x\data, where x is a 24-bit random number.
· The AIParam columns in monstats.txt are now *AIParam columns.
· Slight bug that causes the mon1-15 columns in levels.txt to be ignored by the game.
· Repeatable boss uberdrop bug fixed by hardcoding boss drops.
· New IsLilith column added to monstats.txt, pushing it over Excel's 255 column limit.
· Lvlmaze.txt removed to block hacks.
· Gethit-skill modifier seems to be broken and does not trigger.
· Hardcoded cubemain.txt to 256 rows.
· To prevent tampering, the game will not run if patch_d2.mpq is over 8 Mb in size.
· Added a 00 byte to the beginning of each tbl file.
· Do not log into Realms with a modded file in place, your account will be deleted immediately.

Thanks for playing patch 1.11!
Last edited by Brother Laz on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Kato
Retired staff
Virtue

Post by Kato » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:56 pm

kingpin";p="236078" wrote:
Well, well, well . . . I don't mean to be smug, but I'm sure glad I didn't start doing any 1.10 modding. I guess Zy-El in 1.09 will still be around until 1.11 comes out - that is, the final 1.11 patch.
Well,

It depend how you look at it :)

Modding should all be about fun. If you don't like 1.10/1.11 and still love to work on 1.09 thats all great.

But, with not using the latest technology you are always restricted to what you have. And if you decide to ever start work on 1.11 you would have to start all over and relearn. Those who have been modded in 1.11 doesn't need to do this stepp, only learn what's new in 1.11.
:roll: I know what you mean and I agree with your points. But you have to see it from my point of view. I've not done any modding in 1.10 because I've not had the time to do so, not because I did not want to. It was less time-consuming to continue Zy-El in 1.09. :roll:

:arrow: Besides, I was going to start Myrada (followup to Zy-El) in 1.10 from scratch anyways and I was prepared for a learning process to mod in 1.10. Now, it looks like I'll be developing Myrada in 1.11. It will take at least a year before Blizzard releases it and the ModGods to figure out all the new code addresses . . . so, I figure that I have another year of Zy-El development. I can take my time and mod on a liesurely basis. :mrgreen:
"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed." - D.Vader
Zy-El: Trial by Fire Mod Forum: http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=53
Zy-El website: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/index.html Zy-El wiki: http://zyel.wikispaces.com/

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:12 pm

I know what you mean and I agree with your points. But you have to see it from my point of view. I've not done any modding in 1.10 because I've not had the time to do so, not because I did not want to. It was less time-consuming to continue Zy-El in 1.09.
I know, its just fun to reply to you :)

You are one of the last defenders of 1.09 and people still love to play your mod, and that say something's :)

Kato
Retired staff
Virtue

Post by Kato » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:55 am

:roll: yeah, I'm quite surprised that players are willing to downgrade their D2 to play Zy-El. Then again, I haven't even bothered to upgrade to 1.10 myself.

:?: :?: I'm wondering what sort of quandry modders are in now that patch 1.11 has been released. It's only a minor patch but for any 1.10 mod that uses code editting, it would be a pain to convert. Is the char file structure changed so that 1.10 chars are NOT compatible?

:arrow: Also, this patch release triggers two thoughts in my mind:

1 > There is someone at Blizzard still capable of updating/modifying Diablo.

2 > Is there to be another patch release in the coming months? Patch 1.12?

:arrow: It's enough to drive modders crazy trying to keep up with the versions. And it makes me reluctant to jump on the bandwagon. I'm quite content to stay with Zy-El in the sidecar trailing alongside the bandwagon. :P
"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed." - D.Vader
Zy-El: Trial by Fire Mod Forum: http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=53
Zy-El website: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/index.html Zy-El wiki: http://zyel.wikispaces.com/

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:42 am

And that is why some of us will be running multiple versions of the game for a long time to come. When you can switch relatively easily between v1.09b, v1.09d, v1.10 and v1.11, why worry about updating a mod unless you want to take advantage of the newer tricks?
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

SVR
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by SVR » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:33 am

UdieToo still works with 1.11 :P

Just in case ne1 was wondering ;-)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:07 am

Heh, and Yohann is already releasing v1.11 plugins! :eeek:
~ Mark Twain

misharohac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by misharohac » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:17 am

First of all, Lilith is simply the Cow King after a very intense milking.

Secondly, I'm somewhat relieved that there's not too much talk about Lilith here... you see, the diabloii.net forums and other fan sites are full of Lilith and Lilith only. It's actually quite sad, and a good reminder for all of us why we left that world in the first place and decided to congregate here.

Kato
Retired staff
Virtue

Post by Kato » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:43 pm

:roll: Speaking of diabloii.net - the latest news is that all of Blizz North has been FIRED. Yes, kiddies, Santa Claus is dead. :twisted: No more Blizz North - no more D2 patches? That's the implication that comes to my mind. Check it out yourself - www.diabloii.net :P

:roll: It's in the Aug 4 section mentioned quite prominently with the departure of Michael Dashow (one of the lead D2 artists) who sounds a little bitter. :roll: Can y'a blame him?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:58 pm

http://www.michaeldashow.com/diablo.html

Check out Addendum, Firday August 5th...
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Return to “Staff Announcements”