Diablo II Remaster Rumor!

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Diablo II Remaster Rumor!

Post by Xibalba » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Hello,

So Blizzard revealed a new job opening. It is hinting a possible remaster for Diablo II and Warcraft III. The full article can be found here. Would like to know what you think.

EDIT: New hints! Check out this article!
Last edited by Xibalba on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Diablo II Remaster Rumor!

Post by kingpin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 pm

It wouldnt be impossible, because they working on remaster original starcraft + expansion already.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:22 am

Hopefully it's based on the original engine and graphics, and is not WOW Diablo II or something like this
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Its rather plausible we will see this happening; its the whole reason 1.14 was made, to get the engine working on newer windows versions; what I am hoping is that they follow SC and release D2/WC3 for free and add the HD stuff as a DLC (would be amazing to mod with HD, the problem then becomes that new monsters etc need to match). WC3 I think is one of the easiest to remaster, but might be the last. My only real question is: did they replace the renderer in SC to support the new textures, or just patch the old one and reuse the same formats, will be interesting to see once SC:HD releases.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Noob Question?
Will we be able to mod this remastered version?
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:03 am

Well that depends, like Necrolis stated above, are they going to replace the renderer or
patch the old one and keep the same formats.

I'd hope they just update it, because then we can continue modding. But only time will tell.

My biggest wish, is that they hire one of us, and just softcode every thing.... but hahahahaha
I make myself laugh.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:34 am

Actually i saw some interview from David Brevik were he said that it is nearly impossible that Diablo 2 HD will happen.
It is more possible that they will include this both games into there Battlenet Launcher and start working on Warcraft 4 and/or Diablo 4. Of course Berevik said it from his own experience, since he is not working for Blizzard anymore but he also mentiomed that SC1 and Diablo1 were easy to render and Diablo 2 would consume to much time/money because of all the Monster Tokens. To be honest, i wish that there will be no D2 remaster because i don't belive that they would give us the option for modding (they already screwed us with 1.14) and vanilla is not worth to play since mods are out ;).

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:33 pm

New hints! Check out this article!

"Classic Games is looking for a renaissance designer to harmonize that which was, with that which will be. Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo await your machinations. If you have the desire to rise to that challenge, we’d love to hear from you."

We are not certain about about remaster ofcourse. But probably there will be some changes on the gui, servers, maybe d2 will be in Blizzard app and so on. "Modernizing" could be anything from small replacements to a whole remaster.
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

P.J.
Russia

Post by P.J. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:29 pm

Not sure for a remaster, i think there will be just adding to blizz app and probably adding 960x600 resolution to allow play without black borders.

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”