Diablo 2 mods

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:30 pm 
 Post subject: plugy crashes on startup, 1.13c, 11.02

Warrior

This is what I did:
download portable 11.02 from the plugy website
unzip into a 1.13c installation
run PlugY.exe

I get an unhandled exception error. I checked the D2 log and the crash is being caused by MSVCR90.dll. This is one of those Visual C++ Redistributable files, so I made sure I had the appropriate version installed (in this case the 2008 version), which I did. The funny thing is the version listed in the crash (9.0.30729.9317) is a different version than the one installed on my system (9.0.30729.6161).

I'm running Windows 10 v1709.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:01 am 
 Post subject: Re: plugy crashes on startup, 1.13c, 11.02

Warrior

I fixed the problem I was having and now PlugY loads correctly. The answer was in PlugY.log.

There was an error loading the file "LocalizedStrings.ini" and the error listed my D2 installation directory as the folder it checked. I am using a different folder for the PlugY installation. Assuming that the PlugY folder would be read from the working directory, that's where I placed it, but apparently it needs to be in the D2 installation directory.

EDIT: For some reason the game ran correctly once, then stopped working after that. Now in PlugY.log, instead of saying "LocalizedStrings.ini" couldn't be found and listing a directory, I get this error message: Failed to load LocalizedStrings, default values used. I am again seeing the unhandled exception error at launch.

EDIT2: After a bit of troubleshooting, I figured out that the changes I am making to PlugY.ini are causing the crash. Here is the original PlugY.ini that comes in the downloaded zip. Here is my modified PlugY.ini. If you change any setting that I have changed back to the original value, PlugY will load. This may be a "feature" and not a bug, but I cannot be certain.