Kudos

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
Micky

Kudos

Post by Micky » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:34 pm

I signed up on these forums and created this account for one reason; to tip my hat to you Onyx. This mod is incredibly fun and difficult. I've never had this much of a challenge playing D2, or any other mod I've tried. Currently, I'm level, book, and rune grinding so that my level 24 bard doesn't get her ass kicked as hard in the Festering Nest, and I'm loving it. Seriously, I didn't think grinding would be as much fun as it has been, so thank you for taking what I can only imagine to be months to make this game all those years ago, and know that at least one person's still enjoying this mod today :P .
My only complaint is that the sorceror's icon is the black guy from D1, yet his model is the necro from D2...and the blood wizard's icon is what appears to be a necromancer from D2 with red eyes, yet his model is the sorceror from D1...? Meh, doesn't matter. Kick-ass job man, thank you! :)

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: Kudos

Post by onyx » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Thank you for the kind words :) It took not months, but several years actually.

The Wizard-Necromancer-Sorcerer thing has an explanation and a reason. Converting a full character model takes months, I did that for the Monk. The Blood Wizard cannot wear most of the equipment, so I needed only a small part of the animations. That's why converting the D1 Sorcerer for the job wasn't hard, but it isn't a full character model complete with all modes it needs. That's why I can't use it for the Sorcerer in BTH and I use the Necromancer model instead.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Micky

Post by Micky » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Yeah, I could easily see this project taking that long.
I figured the switch up had something to do with the limitations on the sorceror's model, but I really like what you did with everything I've seen so far, including the blood wizard :)

D2 MOD player
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by D2 MOD player » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:09 am

Yes, I think Onyx worked on this at least a whole 1 or 2 months. ;) hmm. years? :)

Grind, grind grind. MMO goodness without the annoying people to talk too. :)

Never will there be a major market game with this slow of a pace (or wait there is, MMO's. And somehow they trick people into playing them by allowing them to play and socialize with friends). It will never happen. Mass market titles, shallow and easy. Mods rule, so cool. :mrgreen:

I see the blood wizard as being very innovative and new. All the better if he could cheat and save time. :)

Return to “Back to Hellfire”