windows 7

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
randyy

windows 7

Post by randyy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:50 pm

k we all know to run it on win7 you need to make a shortcut and put "-w -ns" but i ran into errors still. for people that are still having problems heres you solution. when applying "-w -ns":
*go under compatibility
*check the box under compatibility mode
*use "Windows Vista"

and thats how i got my back to hellfire to work.

like the mod. im glad i finally figured out how to play.

onyx maybe add what i just said under the "running on windows7" topic. :)

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: windows 7

Post by onyx » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:35 am

I won't add it unless you provide more details on what exactly problems and errors it solved ;)
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Kraszu

Post by Kraszu » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:11 pm

For me it just works when I select compatibility with xp sp3, and turn off the visual compositions (don't have English win7 so not sure how they are called).

Sometimes the colours get messed up, but changing gamma from any to any fixes that, you can end up with the same.

randyy

Post by randyy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 am

only error is it wont run with the compatibilty set to windows 7 lol. i just went to my short cuts properties and switched it to windows vista. of course i had to add -ns -w still. i played around with it a bit like removed -ns resualts were it didnt start. put -ns back removed -w samething didnt start soo thats the only error i can tell you about.

Kraszu

Post by Kraszu » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:49 am

randyy" wrote:only error is it wont run with the compatibilty set to windows 7 lol.
Why can you even set comp with win7 in win7?
randyy" wrote: i just went to my short cuts properties and switched it to windows vista. of course i had to add -ns -w still. i played around with it a bit like removed -ns resualts were it didnt start. put -ns back removed -w samething didnt start soo thats the only error i can tell you about.
" -ns -w" I don't have to do it. I play it with sound, and full screen under windows 7 64bit, maybe that is because I had used sandboxy to install it, strange thing about it, it didn't run on normally installed D2 /w BTH, so I had installed it with sandboxy, then it still didn't run with sandboxy but it runs with comp with xp, and visual composition off normally from short cut. Maybe strange but it does work. I don't know if it works because I had installed it with sandboxy or not.

randyy

Post by randyy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:26 pm

lol windows 7 compatibility is the custom set one lol. it allows you to change between the to windows 98 witchs is no good for mods unless you have it as your windows.

Return to “Back to Hellfire”