Back to Hellfire mod multiplayer?

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
azttec

Back to Hellfire mod multiplayer?

Post by azttec » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 am

Hi first of all i would like to say this mod looks amazing, and its because of this that i really must know how to get lan (multiplayer) working as i really want to actually play the game, i have not had the chance to play it yet due to only wanting to play it with my brother, Neither one of us can get multiplayer working every time we go to host a game it comes up with:
"Halt
Expression : Socket"
i was wondering / hoping that you may have a solution or a fix of some kind on how to get this to work, i would really love to play this mod but will probably end up deleting if i cant get multiplayer to work.
Get back to me soon please, Thank you in advance.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Back to Hellfire mod multiplayer?

Post by Necrolis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 pm

This is a bug due to windows 7, luckily, windows 7 now has a very easy to use XP mode which you should be able to get BTH mp mode running in quite smoothly. there may have been some other ways around this, but I can't remember ATM (check the sticks etc...).
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Xp mode is only for Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate win7 while most people have the home premium version. Last year i did submit a patch to onyx that worked on win7 in simulated multiplayer games but it still needs more testing

azttec

Post by azttec » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Thank you for such a quick and useful response will give that a try and post back the results, i had checked all over the forums and couldn't find anything, but again thank you will post back soon.
It would be awesome to get this game working fully without all these annoying bypasses etc, but i don't understand/know much or anything about programming and stuff so i don't know how hard it is for this to be accomplished i assume extremely, but appreciate the effort going in to get these sort of things done. IMHO these mods and releases are often better than the game themselves / better than what these "massive game companies" are producing these days.

Volf - Yeah spot on i do have the Home premium haha, but i believe i could get hold of a Win7 ultimate. Although i would love to get hold of said patch :)

azttec

Post by azttec » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Okay so I've installed the xp-mode on a virtual PC, now i cant even get the game to run I'm getting a D2 error Saying "no video mode found" on the video test, which in turn gives me the error: "Error22: A critical error has occurred while initializing Direct Draw." when trying to load the game. Any ideas? - single player works fine on my normal operating system but on the virtual PC i cant even load the game up. Normal D2 or BTH.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Re: Back to Hellfire mod multiplayer?virtual

Post by Volf » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Do you have direct x and compatible gfx card drivers installed on the virtual pc?

azttec

Post by azttec » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Installed all the latest direct x and drivers, but this didn't work, however i have got it working now i just had to configure the virtual PC by pressing one button and finally after all day of trying i have it working! Although when i hold "Alt" to look at items on the floor then left click to pick up an item with "Alt" still being held down the game tabs down which is quite annoying. Anyway thank you for the time and effort to respond to my posts quickly aswell, i appreciate it immensely.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 am

azttec" wrote:Installed all the latest direct x and drivers, but this didn't work, however i have got it working now i just had to configure the virtual PC by pressing one button and finally after all day of trying i have it working! Although when i hold "Alt" to look at items on the floor then left click to pick up an item with "Alt" still being held down the game tabs down which is quite annoying. Anyway thank you for the time and effort to respond to my posts quickly aswell, i appreciate it immensely.
IIRC there should be a setting for this, so you can configure VirtualPC to use another key to break the mouse capture (ctrl + alt + shift would probably avoid any problems).
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 am

azttec onyx gave the ok so i sent you the win7 patch for testing

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Sry to interfear ... but i have such a file i think Volf gave it to me long ago - If onyx and volf allow it . I can post it or send it .
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Return to “Back to Hellfire”