Post new idea's or suggestion's here

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

No votes

Total votes: 0

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post new idea's or suggestion's here

Post by Hades » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:52 am

Well this is a self explanatory topic thread for everyone.Any idea's or mod suggestion's feel free to post them here please.I welcome all feedback so feel free to post whatever here.And no double posting please I don't want to be editing all the time.
So let's see who want's to come up with some good idea's.
Nuff said
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

lich

Post by lich » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:23 am

I have an idea: If this mod have new skill in morph amulet, it's more intersting.
Can U make some boss monster drop a special item that can add new skill in morph amulet? The player can grow new class with this <-- more intersting I think.
great emotion

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Post new idea's or suggestion's here

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:32 am

Do you mean like TfW's skill books?

Special skills only available through such an item would be pretty cool

For example a set of passives, (or simply properties which are only available via the item. The items level requirment however increases per skill added or level increased, to stop it from being too overpowered. This could create subclasses if the skills allowed.
example properties

e.g.
Thorns style abilities could give Iron Barbs abit more of a sting
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

lich

Post by lich » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:56 am

I have an idea:
Remove the morph amulet with an morph small charm can upgrate skill on it. On a same time, only one morph charm be in char's Inventory. Do U think about?
great emotion

RedBirdofChaos

Post by RedBirdofChaos » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:03 am

cube recipe to upgrade set items to exceptional/elite. i've always wanted to upgrade the artic armor.

get rid of the experience penaltys

remove the requirements to get a skill, both the level and prerequisite skill requirements.

include a readme file in the install that contains all the new rune words and cube recipes.
Last edited by RedBirdofChaos on Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Post by DeClineD » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:04 am

remove the requirements to get a skill, both the level and prerequisite skill requirements.
Why? So you can get your "Uber r0x0r mega nova of total destruction" from lvl 2? (Off course i know that there is no such skill, but i think you get the point)
Would you EVER use a skill lige firebolt at lvl 2, if Frozen Orb was availeble?
If He removed ALL requirements, then he only needed 1 skill pr. skill tree..

Now, i'm not "dissing" everyone who removes requirements, but i believe that requirements are a very nice kind of (an atempt to) balance. And, so much skill work would be wasted, on all of the "low level" skills... Just my 2 cents...

Keep up the good work Hades. Playing your mod is slowly moving up the "todo-list", maybe i'll grab your next update... :)

Oh, and Ali, is enjoying your Super Boss Mod alot... he says "Hi"... :)

DeClineD
Terms of Service
Beginner's guide v1.4 (Word|PDF)

wblackke

Post by wblackke » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:49 am

Ditto on getting rid of prereqs and skill level requirements. You shouldn't have to wait to get your skill. You might want to poll on this, i know alot of people who feel the same way.
Since AA is gone now and Neze is dead, I dont think he'd mind if you took some of his ideas. He had some good ones like: a small charm that counts your kills; a dungeon thats almost impossible to beat with a godly item at the end; etremely rare crafting items that give you a great item when crafted together; the Gauntlet; etc. Don't be too proud to take these ideas plz.

RedBirdofChaos

Post by RedBirdofChaos » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:15 am

have the special enemies that always drop 5 good items just drop one great one instead. this would save a lot a time with sifting through item piles, like the ones you get in the cow levels.

items spells on attack and on hit do 20 levels of damage instead of the pidly 2 to 3 levels they do now.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:29 pm

Thnx for all the info all. ;) Good feeback.And DeC,tell Ali I'm updatting the mod again along with this one.To give the skill's new graphic's,effect's etc.I'm uploading them today so everyone should be able to get em by tomorrow. ;) Hope everyone likes em and I'll be adding new for the rest of the skill's soon too.This is more or less a peek at what's going on.
Also for the rest of the idea's,I will take them into account all.But some do seem not right for my mod.
Hades

DeClineD
Retired staff
Angel

Post by DeClineD » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:18 pm

I thought you only updated Boss mod? Ye know, he's playing Super Boss mod... and, He just sits there and play all day... :)
So, THANK YOU, you keep him away from me and from the keep with his noobish posts... ;)
Terms of Service
Beginner's guide v1.4 (Word|PDF)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:55 pm

Hey DeC, just tell him I will be updating the super as well soon.Only for the skill graphic's and item's though.The set's and some of the other changes are only for Underworld.So tell Ali soon for more kool graphic's. ;)
And wblackke,some of the dungeon's are going to be super tough so that is on the way.As for the counter for kill's etc maybe soon.So some more new stuff is on the way ,hehe just have to wait awhile for em that's all.
So there's some more to think about for now all.And more item graphic's too which I forgot to mention.I'm not sure if I have done some bow's but there are potion's,ring's,runes etc to do still.
nuff said
Hades

Crono_Devir
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Crono_Devir » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:15 pm

idea's:

LOWER the item junkyard/landfill that appears after 4 kills.

Make it harder, like, in norm..you got the same red dragons..in every act.

some of the items are like...3 cubes tall..yet they take up 8 cubes.

lower the block rates on the montsers in blood moor...it took my barb 10 minutes to kill 1 rad dragon.

there are a few others ic na't think of..but one i know it like...the sorc starts out with a sword, that is +1 to firebolt, yet it is for barbs only?..that's mean :P

and sence i don't want to over post anywhere, is there a secret to the superboss mod?...cuz i had an almost an unkillable paladin...that coudln't even phase the monsters in blood moor

well, that's all i can htink of for now :P untill next version..later

Crono
A.K.A [c]
Last edited by Crono_Devir on Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:23 pm

Good feedback and comment's.However I deleted the last part of your post as it refered to a topic which is not discussed on this site,so please dnt discuss stuff like that.
Otherwise have fun and keep up the great feedback. ;)
nuff said
Hades

allentril1000

Post by allentril1000 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:57 pm

i dont mind prereq but since 99th lvl is your cap so far on this mod, how bout something that mixes the annihlus and gheeds in a charm....then it be worth having to be high lvl to use it...and it would help on the exp needed to get maxed level....

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:17 am

*mkay i made this suggestion for another mod that was still in the works but the modder already had plans for his barb*
Sence im also adding other classes i would like to note that how im suggesting the change/rename is by (Normal skill name) - (New skill name) - (New skill effects)
-----------------------

Barbarian class renamed to Dragoon

Dragoons specilize in Spears, Polearms, Axes

A few of there skills could be re worked around, you can dump sword mastery, mace mastery, throwing mastery.
Give paladin sword mastery, druid mace mastery, amazon throwing mastery for her javalin tree.

For the barbarians combat tree alter some of the skills....

Leap - Renamed to stomp - Causes a area stun, each level increases stun length. *not a very big jump range, maby half screen at best. I am also not sure if this skill will work or not, is it possible to do a small area warcry when the barbarian lands that causes a stunning effect?*

Leap Attack - Renamed to Dragons Breath - jump attack that once it hits it does half fire, half physical attack, and does a explosion for explosion dmg. *basicly replacing the normal attack with a area dmg explosion*

Whirlwind - Rename to Dragons Fury - after the jump attack the barbarian does a whirlwind in the direction he jumped.
*i now know this will not work, Got another suggestion? would perfer too keep it to a jump + attack type to keep the theme of the class change, but sence are attacks are almost required for melee types, maby have the barbarian do a whirlwind that has added effects, such as shoots fire balls in random directions while also doing the physical dmg whirlwind.*

*all of the jumping skills give synergys to each other, Stomp increases Dragons Breath's fire dmg, Dragons fury increases its physical. Stomp gets stun length bounus from the other 2, *at max level stuns for like 12-13 seconds like old druid shockwave skill but no dmg*. Stomp reduces mana cost for dragons fury, Dragons breath gives extra dmg to dragons fury in form of fire dmg*.

a Zeal type of attack - Drake Slayer - limits at 5 hits *1 hit every 3 lvls*, starts off at normal swing speed and increases in speed with more levels, and has 10% ar increase with each level starting at 10% for level 1.

Bash - Still called bash, same skill lvl 1, traditional skill gatta keep it in =)

Berserk - Dragons Eye - Same effect as berserk, but gives dmg reduced by 30% during the attack to null the 0 defense.

Stun - Leg sweap - Slows target, does dmg, Single target only.

Concentrate - Cant think of nething atm =P *keep reading added suggestion later in post*

----

Double swing - Syphon - Charge up skill like assassins, But only steals life, and the ammount is reduced by alot. at max lvl and 3 charges its only like 75% *assasson cobra strike maxed and 3 charge steals 270%*

Double throw - Lava Lance - Charge up fire skill, First level adds fire dmg, second gives explosion, + area fire dmg, 3rd level uses quick casting meteors, *not the 3 second wait ones*.
*lava lance gets synergys from Dragons breath, and vise versa*

Frenzy - Cant think of another charge up skill atm.... will get back to you. **keep reading added suggestion for this later*

Only the jumping skills are finishing moves for the charge ups.

----

Will get back to you with more, computer buggin atm.

----

Computer works again...

Concentration - Brain Numbing - Lets you use a uninteruptable attack with BIG defense boost, moderate damage boost, ar -25%.

Frenzy - Power Trip - bear/wearwolf type of charge up skill, Gives 1 second stun, increased running speed, for the passive part when its charged, the skill its self does enchanced dmg, ar and life leech.

--

Combat Mastery skills

Polearm Mastery - Same as before
Spear Mastery - Same as before
Axe Mastery - Same as before

Combine the running speed skill and stamana skill into 1 - Rename to Endurance

Iron skin - Dragons Hide - Same thing as iron skin almost other than the passive increase which i will get to.
Natural Resistance - Dragons Scales - Same thing as NR other than passive.
Each skill gives a passive to dmg reduce, *lets say you have lvl 20 iron skin and natural resist, they will each give dmg reduced by lets say 30 for physical and magic dmg.* *note: not reduced by % but solid dmg*
*iron skin also gets a passive bounus from shout, but only .5 each lvl, so with each of the 3 skills maxed its 40 dmg reduced from physical*

Dragoons Teachings - Increases light radius, and critical rate chance by small %'s, *maxed would be a extra 20% critical that goes with the masterys*.

Mace Mastery - Advanced Axe Mastery - Increases the dmg % of axe mastery.
Sword Mastery - Advanced Spear Mastery - Increases the dmg % of spear mastery.
Throwing Mastery - Advanced Polearm Mastery - Increases the dmg % of polearm mastery.

---

Warcrys

Basicly these are ok, maby change the find potion / item / grim ward to something abit more effective and useful.

Find Potion - Warcry Mastery - Increases warcry's positive and negative durations.

Find Item - Advanced Warcry Mastery - Increases the effects of each warcry

Grim Ward - Dragons Grave - Creates a grim ward thingy, but instead of casting fear into everything, casts confuse on things around it. *small range even maxed*

*offensive warcrys*
Warcry - skill has a much longer stun duration but much less dmg.

---

I might think up maby class change/skill suggestions for other classes too =x
One that i would personally nerf is the over used sorceress class, I my self would rather balance it out between the rest of the classes than keep it number 1, like almost every mod i have seen does.

-----------------

Assassin class change to Shinobi
*kinda stealin this idea from naurto the anime heh*

Martial Arts changed to Tai-jutsu
Shadow Disciplines changed to Nin-Jutsu
Traps changed to Gen-jutsu

---

Nin-Jutsu

---

Claw Mastery - Renamed to Ninja Mastery - Gives dmg bounus to claws AND daggers.

Psychic Hammer - Renamed to Chakra Burst - same effects as psychic hammer except its all magical dmg, and its DMG increased abit.

Burst of Speed - Same effects, keeps same name.

Cloak of Shadows - same as before.

Weapon Block - Same effects, keeps same name.

Fade - Removed - Changed to Advanced Ninja Mastery - Gives passive poison dmg and critical % increased.

Shadow warrior - Renamed to Shadow Replication - Create up to 2 clones, can only use the skills you have, and do 1/5 of your dmg.

Mind blast - Renamed to Chidori - Uses bone spear animation, Huge dmg, but big mana cost too, also has a casting delay of 2 seconds.

Venom - Removed - Changed to Shinobi Training - Grants Dodge and Evade skills combine, but at a much reduced %. Caps off like at 25%?

Shadow Master - Renamed to Summoning Jutsu - Summons a claw viper, can be used with the shadow replications. The claw viper can cast boost of speed, charge, high level cold duration and slow % frost nova, has moderate high hp, and dmg reduced by 10%.
*receives passives from shadow replication and Shinobi training, increasing dmg, AR, and hp depending on which.*

-----

Tai-Jutsu

-----

Tiger Strike - Same as before.

Dragon Talon - Initial Lotus - Teleports to the target and kicks 4 times, reduced damage, 2 second casting delay, semi high mana cost.

Dragon Claw - Assassination - 2 quick strong hits, low accuracy, high damage.

Fire Fist - Same as before.

Cobra Strike - Same as before.

Dragon Tail - Spinning Leaf Kick - Does exact same thing as dragon tail, just changed name. :cool:

Claws of Thunder - Same as before.

Blades of Ice - Same as before.

Dragon Flight - Primary Lotus - Basicly it does the same thing that teleports to the target but it also kicks more than once like Dragon Talon. So its a dragon flight + 5 kicks that has high dmg and 4 second cast delay. High mana cost.

Phoenix Strike - Same as before.

*cant really think of anything cool to change the charge up skills to =P*

----

Gen-Jutsu

----

Fire blast - Same as before.

Shock Web - GenJutsu Mastery - Increases the number of traps that can be cast and the damage on them.

Blade Sentienel - Throw Shurikens - Basicly what blade fury used to be.

Charged Bolt Sentry - Basic Fire Trap - Makes a trap that shoots out high speed fire bolts in a spread, kinda like teeth. Maxes at 10 firebolts a shot.

Wake of Fire - Advanced Fire Trap - Fires the V shapped wakes of fire along with the druid type fire storm at the same time.

Blade Fury - Shadow Windmill - Shoots a shuriken at every enemy on the screen, does 1/4 of your physical damage, + added damage with more levels.

Lightning Sentry - Advanced GenJutsu Mastery - Increases damage on traps even more.

Wake of Inferno - Master Fire Trap - Fires off Fireballs as a spread like the basic fire trap, also maxes at 10.

Death Sentry - Bloodline Limit - Uses diablos Fire storm skill, and fireballs at the same time, also does corps explosions. *best trap*

Blade Shield - Heavenly Spin - Defense boost by 300%, damage boost by 50% when maxed. Semi high mana cost.... Does a whirlwind, and if you can find the animation for it, a blue bubble around the assassin while doing the whirlwind.
Skill starts off at negative damage.

----

Shinobi extra type class weapon, Dagger weapons that give natrual deadly strike bounus of 15% on all of them, lower dmg but much faster attack, they use the short sword animation when equiped *daggers are ugly*.

-----

Will edit this post with more later, its 1am and im sleepy =P

-----

Necromancer class change to Shadow Knight, a melee class :)
*opposite of paladin*

Summoning Spells - Basicly almost stay the same, summons get auras.
Poison & Bone spells - Changed to Power & Harm spells.
Curses - Changed to Demonic Blessings

----
Summoning
----

All summons do less damage, alot less dmg, but have more life, and some have special abilitys.

Raise Skeleton - changed to Summon Minion - Can only summon 3 skeletons, they have ALOT of hp, and even way more in nightmare/hell. They have a chance to cast decrepify upon hitting, the level increaes with the more points in summon minion, 10% chance to cast decrepify.

Skeletal Mastery - Minion Training - Minions get defenses boost, hp boost, ar boost, and little damage boost. Lich's get missle dmg increase by a larger ammount, increases their defense and hp. Minion Lord gets hp, defense, AR, medium dmg boost.

Clay Golem - Aura Beast 1 - Summons a clay golem that has alot of hp, and defense, little damage and has Defiance aura, Level of aura increases with golems level. This Beast has the highest Defense.

Golem Mastery - Beast Mastery - Increases Beasts Running speed, HP, Defense, at level 5 gives all beasts the Vengence skill.

Skeletal Mage - Summon Lich - Summons vampire class monsters, they can cast bone armor, Enchant, Low level Corps explosions, Fire ball, Glacial spike, and Chain lightning. Can only have 2 Lich's out at any time.
Lich's can cast lower resist on striking of monsters, at a 15% chance.
*Lich's are the most powerful Shadow knight minion in terms of damage from skills.*

Blood Golem - Aura Beast 4 - Less defense than class 1 aura beast, Has life steal of course, and has the Fantasm Aura. This is the most powerful aura beast due to the aura and it has the highest physical dmg, and second highest hp.

Summon Resist - Same name same effects

Iron Golem - Aura Beast 3 - This aura beast has the least ammount of defense, and highest ammount of hp. Second lowest physical damage next to class 1. Has Thorns aura, the natural ability of dmg is returned by %, and the added ability of dmg returned by solid number, The solid number jumps alot at the higher levels, maxing out at like 400.

Fire Golem - Aura Beast 2 - Uses a blue fire golem animation, like if a fire golem was frozen or hit by a cold spell, looks like that all the time. Uses Holy Freeze Aura, and the holy shock aura at the same time.

Revive - Minion Lord - Summons a abyss knight, Has vengence skill, level 1 conviction aura *never increases*, Can only summon 1 Minion lord at a time. The lord can cast unholy bolt, and diablos bone cage spell.

*can only have 1 aura beast out at any time.*

-----

Power & Harm spells

-----

Teeth - Unholy Bolt - Damages target and drains life, gives it back to you.

Bone Armor - Same as before, but adds dmg returned, caps off at 150 dmg returned at max level.

Poison Dagger - Unholy Zeal - 4 Hits, AR increase, abit weaker than paladins zeal. *gains dmg % increase synergys from true sacrafice, but not as large as paladin's Zeal and sacrafice.*

Corps Explosion - Corruption - Same as conversion but when it converts a monster they are also poisoned with a high dmg but long duration attack.

Bone Wall - True Sacrafice - Use this on one of your minions to kill them and you gain a dmg% boost for 30 seconds. Caps off at 300% dmg. *Zeal gives more dmg% but only up to 375%*

Poison Explosion - Unholy Vengence - unlike paladins vengence that does all elemental damage, unholy does Magic damage and poison damage, the poison duration is only 2 seconds long even maxed.

Bone Spear - Shadow Training - passive skill, increases AR, and poison resistance.

Bone Prison - Unholy Shield - Exact same as paladins except it glows black not white.

Poison Nova - Chaotic Frenzy - Basicly a copy of Feral Rage for the Shadow Knight.

Bone Spirit - Hell Strike - Fires off a large ammount of Unholy bolts at all enemys on the screen, caps off at 25 unholy bolts. *gains synergys from unholy bolt to increase damage, and vise versa.*

----

Demonic Blessings

----

Amplify Damage - Same Name - Instead of being a curse its a warcry type of skill, the higher the level the longer the duration and the wider the range around the shadow knight it effects.

Dim Vision - Demonic Control - Gives passive DMG and AR to undead and demons.

Weaken - Undead Vison - Passive, increase Light radius, gives small AR boost.

Iron Madien - Same as before.

Terror - Touch of Diablo - Single target, causes the enemy to turn to stone for a short duration from the fear. High mana cost.

Confuse - Mephistos Corruption - Does the same thing as the corruption skill just more than 1 monster at a time. *uses like a curse*, Has VERY high mana cost. Lasts longer than Corruption too.

Life Tap - Does the same.

Attract - The Damned - Turn one of your minions into one of those frenzy ghouls that expload and do fire+cold damage. Damage is dependent on which minion you use it on, starts off at 50% of the minions life, when maxed does 300%.

Decrepify - Acid Stench - Weakens the monsters around the shadow knight, reducing their damage and defense from the very bad stench. *warcry type, limited range*

Lower Resist - Prime Evils Blessing - Gives more Life, and damage to everyone in range when cast. *like a warcry skill*. But you take 25% more damage.

*will get back to shadow knight skills....... O yea, All the Necromancer class heads have a much higher defense and block %, and all weapons speeds Match that of palainds, Shadow knight also gets the same starting stat points as paladin and anything else stat related.*
Last edited by Nevbo on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:23 am

Im making another post for some other suggestions non class related because you might miss them in my other....... LONG post heh :)

2 more levels on gems, both after perfect, the next gem would be more powerful than perfect, and then the last gem would be Insane.... But to get the last gem it requires you to have 5 perfect, and 5 of the type after perfect to get the last one 8-O

Gem words.....
Adding gem words to stuff, i thought this was a cool idea that iv seen in some other mods. Add in all the same quality and type of gem to get a gem word, the word gives better bounus's with the more gems and the higher quality.
So a 6 socketed item full of the final same type gems would be on a diffrent level than magical and rare items, possible even better than unique.

If you go with the class changes, a assortment of new types of equipment for the new classes.....

-For barbs, new Barbarian only Spears, Polearms, and Axes that have a faster base attack speed than their counterparts, But made for barbarian only.

-For Assassins, a new class of dagger with natural 15% critical rate, and very fast attack. Their damage is less than katar class weapons tho. The image for the dagger when equiped on a player is that of a short sword instead of the very ugly normal dagger.

-For Necros, Change their Shield class items to be exactly like paladins except the necros *shadow knights* are heads.

And maby some more stuff later.....
(ph3r my overactive brain!)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:43 pm

I must say you have some pretty good idea's there.But first onto the formalities,please no double posting ,edit your post's instead ok.
Now back to the good stuff hehe.I like some of your idea's and will implement them as time goes on. ;) Like I said before I have only begun with this mod and plan to keep it reaching higher.I have only so far changed a few skill's and changed most of the skill graphic's.Which will have new names and added power's to match the graphic's soon.
Example being diff synergies and boosted power's, and some penalties to go with them also hehe.
The weapon's will have a complete overhaul and alot of them being only for certain classes.So most weapon's will be more specific as to who uses them.So it will be looking for better weapon's harder and not being to pick up any weapon and use it. ;) Which I think is one way of making treasure looking a little more hard and fun.
So keep up the great idea's and I certainly enjoy reading them. ;)
nuff said
Hades

TGhostdk

Post by TGhostdk » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:35 am

ok now i have a suggestion make it like that you can hide one type of items if you still keep the cows like they are so lets say that you can buy charms at akara wich has the following skills
Small Charm Of Hide
Hides All Magic Items

then make one for rare and one for unique and one for set utnil you have made one for all the ITEMS when i say items i mean weapons shields armors etc you dont need to make charms and runes hideable cause there isnt dropping so many of them at the cows so this is just a idea i had but i dont know if it can be done and hey very nice job on mod it is by far the best i have ever played and me 1 of my frineds and my little brother are playing multiplayer on lan and i must say i LOVE it

Crono_Devir
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Crono_Devir » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:47 am

get red of the red dragons animaiton...it jusr don't fit...like, they WALK over water and the are very clumsy looking lol...that's all really, ..oh yeah, and lower the block rate

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:22 am

Yeah I have been wondering about them also. ;) I think I will change them to the demogorgon graphic.But later after I think some other thing's through.The storyline is coming along nicely so I'm pretty focused on that and the sounds right now.But I'll get around to this soon. ;)
nuff said
Hades

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:37 am

Ah, thanks for taking appreciation into my ideas :)

One more thing i wouldent mind seeing if you did do the dragoon change over for the barbarian is a 2 handed weapon block for Spears, Polearms, and axes...

The % would be low, but it would still add in a blocking effect.

---

Been busy lately so i havent had time to come up with paladin/amazon/sorceress/druid type skills......

I was never a big fan of amazons..... So i might just skip them completely.

I will probably do Paladin and then druid next.

and sorry for the double post i just wanted to layer out the 2 diffrent topic's.

--------------
--------------

Paladin

Aura Tree: Basicly in this tree we are combining the skills of the offensive and defensive aura's to give paladins more versatility in combat.

Might Aura combines with prayer.

Holy Fire combines with Resist Fire.

Holy Freeze combines with Resist Cold.

Holy Shock combines with Resist Lightning.

Concentration combines with Cleansing. Synergy: The HP recovery rate is +2 hp per 2 seconds for each level of Might+Prayer combo.

Fanaticism: combines with Meditation. Synergy: The hp recovery rate is +2 hp per seconds of might+prayer combo, and +1.5 hp per second of Concentration + Cleansing combo.

Blessed Aim combines with Defiance. Receives a attack speed boost type of bounus to the 2 combine of the skills.

Sanctuary is removed... Was basicly a useless skill, i never truely found a good use for it.

*2 defensive's combine*
Redemption combines with Vigor.

Salvation combines with Conviction.

----

Combat Skill Tree: Just modifying a few skills, would wanna keep the balance between shadow knight and paladin. :)

Sacrifice: Basicly the same thing. With higher levels the dmg done to self is reduced, when capped goes to about 4% to self instead of 8%. Synergys: same basicly, just compensate for the combined aura's, also, Gets added damage from the charge skill.

Smite: Changed a little bit, now it only has a chance to knock back instead of every time. 75% chance to knock back and 25% crushing blow. These numbers dont change.

Holy Bolt: Keep the same, but double the healing ammount.

Zeal: Same, number of hits still caps at 5. Gets another damage synergy boost from Holy shield at 5% dmg per level.

Charge: Also keeping the same. Synergys: Boosted the effectivness of the synergys to 30% instead of 20%.

Vengeance: Same as before.

Blessed Hammer: Changed to shoot off 2 hammers at once. The hammers fly at twice the speed they did before.

Conversion: Same thing except it turns into a 2 swing attack instead of 1.

Holy Shield: Modifyed, Gives dmg reduced by 5% at level 1 to Capped.

Fist of the Heavens: Changed to shoot off lightnings instead of holy bolts. Gets a increase lighting damage boost by modifying the 15% from holy bolt to go to lightning damage. Mana cost increased.

---

Holy Powers: A tree dedicated to just assisting the paladin.

Squair Mastery: Gives Dmg % boost and AR boost to Sword, Spear weapons. *lower than barbarians, and no critical % chance*

Priest Mastery: Gives Dmg % boost and AR boost to Mace, Scepter weapons. Gives 20% crushing blow with Mace/scepter weapons. *dmg/AR lower than barbarians, and no critical % chance*

Babtism: Gives the paladin a armor that protects from elemental damage. *like cyclone* Attackers take Lightning Damage of 150 when skill is capped.

Confession: Stuns and Slows enemys around the paladin.

Virtue: Self only, Increases Defense by 200%, resistances by 50% *all*, Curse duration reduced by 75% for 30 seconds when capped. *high mana cost, long cast delay for ONLY this skill*

Knight Mastery: Increases Dmg, AR for Squair and Priest Mastery, Also gives critical chance of 5% capped.

Guardian Angel: Summons a Izual Class Angel.

Angel Purity: Gives the Izual Class Angel More HP, Def, AR, and Holy Freeze Aura.

Wraith of God: Passive, Increases damage for fist of heavens, blessed hammers, and holy bolts. Also gives light radius *max +5*, and passive life leech, caps at 10%.

---

One thing i figured out about the shadow knight, it woudl probably be a good idea to remove lifetap because well, it would make the shadowknight immortal with that much life leech =P
Last edited by Nevbo on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

violator

Post by violator » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:46 pm

1) Unlimited Clvl's

2) Special boss monsters in act 2 and act 3 that drop completed Horadric Staff / Khalim's Flail so that you don't have to hunt through all those boring parts with bad loot.

3) Make the boring parts with bad loot less boring (all the good loot is concentrated in really small dungeons.while this encourages people to visit less travelled dungeons these are so good now that I get bored having to advance acts. )

4) Maybe tone down quality of drops in normal river of flame, after seeing the items drop there I"m not sure why I even should bother going on to NM or Hell except for the challenge. Another one would just be to have good loot all over the game, but spread it out uniformly over all areas to prevent people from doing "runs".

Keebelf

Post by Keebelf » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:16 pm

I am not sure if this would be plagerism or whatnot but in the Darkness Weaves (I think!- maybe Seven Lances....???) mod, the stash is INFINITE! It goes up to like 999 "pges" and you can go through them by single numbers: 1, 2, 3... or by 10s : page 10, 20, 30....

Leah

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:32 am

Okey Doke time for me to address a few issues lol.First off about the drop situation.I think people are thinking it is going to stay this way hehe.Well here's the first bit of info about this subject....It's going to change very soon. ;) The drop's are more or less like this for my tester's and everyone else to check out what is all out there to see.More for my tester's to see what works and what doesn't.I'm going to be putting the drop rate back to normal,with some changes.And the rest of the uniques and set's to be put in are going to be after I change the drop rate. :) So there's more reason to look around later.So there's the rundown on the drop situation.Come to think of it I may just drop an update on version 1.8 with the drop fixed.
Secondly about the stash thing.Well I personally think that was one thing about Diablo to start off with that I liked.You had only so much space and had to make decision's about what to keep hehe.But if people like that sort of thing ,well there is always Yohann's plugy.There's lots of stash space there lol not to mention a few other notable addition's to it.

I'm currently thinking about incorporating SVR's D2mod into my mod.But I think I'll have to toss some idea's around with SVR before I decide.There are several thing's which I like about it and several which I think will make my mod better or possibly easier for everyone.Dunno yet but maybe soon.
Anyway's there's a few answer's to a few question's.Now all,post some response to version 1.8.Give me some more to think about. ;)
nuff said
Hades

Sklifan

Post by Sklifan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:19 pm

del plx
Last edited by Sklifan on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Hades Underworld”