Underworld mod progress

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Underworld mod progress

Post by Hades » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:34 am

Well This is going to be a running progress report on my underworld mod so I'm going to double post .Lol Anyways here's what I've been up to this week.I've added in some map plug-ins from the wonderful people at Diabolic Cartography(even though they dnt want my map packs... :cry: .I'm just kidding they simply dnt need them like the way I have them but that's kool. ;)
I've changed a bunch of the full set bonuses in the set's for a different change.And powered up a few more than they were.Besides I thought a few of them were sucky.
I've changed Cold Plains waypoint to a waypoint to the cow level.Did this one by myself with a little txt changing.Actually,was amazed how easy it was lol.
I've also been changing the whole storyline,and to make it easier on myself I think I'll just tell people to turn off npc's speech hehe.That way I can just change the txt and not worry about speech for now.Which is simpler that way but still takes awhile as I've figured out.
Rogue hireling is now the elite orc archer.Pretty kool looking animation token from Infinitum.Good work guy's. ;)
Rune words for the socketed gloves and boot's are coming along alright too.But that in addition with the storyline will take awhile.hehe
My idea for a arena,combat part in the mod is in the works still.But I have most of it done now,just deciding where it would best be put.I'm also thinking on adding one of Volf's other plug-in's into this mod.But still undecided.Maybe the one with the seven deadly sin's if it is available for download.I haven't checked yet so let ya know later.
So there's the update info so far.Again any idea's or feedback post in the feedback thread.And have fun! ;)
Nuff said
Hades
[img]
Attachments
myneworcarcher.jpg
orc elite archer,new roguehireling
myneworcarcher.jpg (31.09 KiB) Viewed 5293 times
Last edited by Hades on Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Underworld mod progress

Post by Hades » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:00 pm

This is a quick update for version 1.4.First of all(no complaining)I took out some of the map-plugins.I changed some of the Boss monster placement's as they weren't working so well.And I added more Boss monsters in diff places.Saome area's such as Canyon of the magi, Pit, the hole, etc have been upgraded to tougher monster's.so be wary of some places and toughen up lol.
Some new set's and uniques have been added to satisfy you all for the time being,thnx to Guy asking question.Good work. ;)
Countess's tower produces lot's of burger's now.lol
I added some new screen's(char select,char creation, loading etc)For some new thing's to look at lol.Besides they give my mod a more Underworld look.
The story is coming along also but this update is more or less something for you all to play while I finish up the new storyline and make more changes.So enjoy em all.
And one last note,I'm hoping to announce a new co-modder in awhile.So I will be announcing that later on hopefully.
Keep posting new idea's in the right place and maybe your idea's will be included.I read em all.
nuff said
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:33 am

Now for another update.Just a few thing's to inform ya all about.
A number of the places have new names such as Hades,Gehenna,Tarterous etc mostly to set up what I have planned next.But the new names are kool ,gives it an Underworld feel.Like I have stated before this mod is growing as I keep implementing my idea's.
The new monster token's are slowly getting their names changed and not simply replacement tokens anymore.Such as the frozen horror is now called frost giant to match the new animation.Orcus is Shenk etc the list goes on.I'm changing the character classes names now also for the new skills and such to be added soon.One name is Cavalier for the pally.But that might change who knows. :cool: There are a number of places in the mod that have been powered up so beware lol.
With a new mapper set to begin helping it means for more changes to be announced soon also.And new set's on the way as well as some uniques,so the progress is coming along great! ;)
I'm not really sure if I want to go the route of new skills or new animations for the existing skills.Time will tell I suppose.And new quest idea's are in the works already too.
Nuff said
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:14 am

Well this update is for version 1.5 which I have just released.
First off there are a number of people who wanted it harder,so I put in one part of the harder changes.The other part's will wait for later.
There are a number of new animation's for this one werebadger, Ettin, and a few other's which I cannot remember right this second hehe.But thnx to all the great token animation people at Infinitum.Good work guy's. ;)
I have also added a few item inventory pack's into this version.Taarna's and another one from Incandescence.Which is another great site for such thing's.Cheer's to you guy's as well. ;) So alot of the item's now have a diff look to them.
Numerous places have their name changed,which will be apparent why in this version and in the future version more.I think everyone will see where I am going with this mod now.
Also more of the name changes for the npc's and monster's have been added.No biggy here just to make everything fit into my mod story after. ;)
So enjoy and post your feedback and problem's in this forum as this version is more or less a test.Just to see if it is indeed hard enough for this part.
Nuff said
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:26 pm

Here's another update for the version 1.7 of my underworld mod. ;)
Well to start off I have changed a number of the skill graphic's.I figured my mod needed some more eye candy and well...I like how they all turned out so i decided to release this next version soon.I was going to wait another week but I can tell everyone wants to see more of the new stuff.
I also put in the new icon skill plug-in for a change from talonrage.I thought this would give some of you smthing diff in the icon field to see.This should hold you over till I'm done my own skill icon's I've been working on.
I've also been working on sound changes for skill's and monster's.Just for a change and for some skill's to have the sound they deserve hehe.As I think some of the sounds sound dumb and plain.
Anyway's I'll be releasing this next version tomorrow or the next day.So hope everyone enjoy's the changes.
nuff said
Hades

Update:1.7 is up so download it and enjoy the new graphic changes to most of the skill's.Most of what I have meant to put in is in and some other stuff also.However the storyline and sounds still aren't finished so those will have to wait till later.
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:16 am

1.8 version of Underworld Mod is coming along nicely.I have updated my website to include several screenies of some of the changes for the upcoming version.Alas the story line is going to get redone.I had it all done but I'm just not happy with it.Sorry all but I want it to go the way I had originally planned.And I sort of got sidetracked with some things and well....back to the drawing board.
I'm going to start the story again and keep to my original story.The Four Horsemen are going to be a running theme also.Apocalypse will be the term for pure devastation.Death,War,Pestilence and Famine will be appearing so far as possession like entities,until I find the right graphic animation for them.However the possession thing will be like the people Baal summon's,some other bosses and maybe some other's.It will be like them appearing again and again for now.Much more work to be done on this aspect of the mod though so not too much info will be revealed.Or I may simply be misleading you all lol.
More set's have been done for 1.8 and it will be whether I'm happy with them if they get released yet.Still some issues to be looked at.I'm going to redo the uniques again to rename some and change the existing uniques again.I dnt like how some are and I want all the names to suit the mod theme.And most of the power's of the uniques will be changed to suit the theme as I think I've left this undone too much.So be prepared for another big change.However I think it will be better after I'm through with all the changes.This means however people that the release date for the next version will be pushed back.Sorry. :roll:
But that's the way I am ,a perfectionist and I want this mod to be as close to what I envisioned as possible. ;)
So that's about all for this update and I'm going to print this update on the site to inform everyone also.
nuff said
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:15 pm

Well I'm back and I've already updated my website for you all to get some idea's of what is going on.I'm going to be releasing two new version's of my mods this week.
First off HadesBossMod is going to be released with new graphic's and a new 2 skill per level plug-in.For those of you who wanted something special for this mod too. ;)

Secondly Version 1.8 of Underworld mod is going to be released also.With new graphic changes for a few of the skill's as some graphic's were overused hehe.I had this fix coming soon but I was convinced from reiyo_oki that it was time to put it in.I also have most of the skill's new names in this version and will finish other's soon.There are some of the new power's in this version but most will be in a later version.Keep in mind there will be penalties for some of the better skill's.hehe.And I'm really thinking of raising some of the level requirements to level 50 or so.
If I can finish them in time before sunday ,I will throw in the set item's and uniques. ;) As currently I'm not quite done but have a few done for examination. ;)
Actually the uniques have come together quite well as far as renaming them and reworking some of their powers.Still pondering on some new idea's for the uniques....
As for set's,well I'm kind of stuck there.I've been going over which gods to use from now on in and which to not use lol.
anyways that's all for now ,I'll check back in later.
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:15 pm

Just a quick post about the unique item's which have been changed for version 1.8 of underworld.I am going to change more of them for the next version,I just wanted to get some of them out for you all to take a look. ;)
And the set's have been changed item's and full set bonus's.So there are a few thing's to see new.But I'm going to change them a bit more also.These changes were more or less to make em all fit more in with the mod theme but I think everyone will like em. ;)
One point of interest for everyone is that the drop rate will be dropped soon.It will only be like that for the BossesThis is mostly for testers to try out the new item's and see if they all work. ;) And for everyone else to see what to look for later lol.Drop rate will most likely be changing in the next few version's.
Next point of interest for everyone is that the runewords will be getting a major overhaul.Too powered up I'm afraid. :roll: I think I'm only going to leave the elite ones alone.And runes are not going to be able to be bought.Or did I do that already....Hmmm have to check lol.
Right now I'm going to change around monster power's and do more work on the storline again.I'm going to try to have this ready for next version,so dnt expect next version right away hehe.
And hopefully have the Four Horsemen ready to go as well.But I'm still looking for an animation that fits good enough.
So there's how it's going and what is next.Post some more idea's all I love hearing them and some are really good. ;)
nuff said
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:36 pm

Here's a look at how thing's are going.As mentioned in earlier post,I have now reworked the runewords and most have been downgraded.Or rather not as overpowering,and some of the elite ones have been left alone.However if these are still too overpowered,I will make some more changes.
Monster placement and toughness has been slightly changed as well.I'm adding more diff monster's in some area's and as someone had said before,there are now less of the annoying dragon's lol.
I'm going to be adding a sort of side quest idea about recovering or rescuing a god's set from some of the underworld denizen's.Or a unique item to be recovered.Whichever I think fit's in best,however it should prove to be a nice boost for storyline interest.
So as proved the storyline is getting a change to fit in with my mod idea's from the start.I'm sticking with my original idea now.Should be interesting for all of you and I'm going to try and add in as much side stuff as I can. I'm open to any additional idea's here so feel free to post away lol.
Last off skill's are also going to get an overhaul in the powers and synergies.Some skill's will probably have a level rquirement of 50 or even higher lol.And mana cost for some will be nil and other's higher.Should make for some interesting choices in skill tree's and choices to be made. ;)
The graphic part I'm relatively happy with but I'm going to throw in my original screen graphic's I had way in the beginning.I think everyone will like em too.And some of the monster skill graphic's and powers will also be worked on.As I've been toying around with this lately and have found some really nice outcome's.
Oh yeah before I forget,the drop rate is about to get a major change.I'm putting everything back to norm except for certain bosses and a few other's.This drop rate was not meant to be a permanent thing in my mod,mostly for tester's to find some of the stuff and see if it worked right. So you'll have to look harder for good stuff soon, ;) and if you find stuff drop's and you have it already try checking it out already.It might have changes on it now lol.So dnt throw away stuff till you check it out.....

Nuff said
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:48 pm

I haven't posted in this thread in awhile so I thought I would throw some info here lol.This is about the upcoming 2.6 version.
First off it will be a total MPQ format,to make it easier for everyone to use and I think compatible with mac's.
I've just finished making the cave in cold plains bigger for fun.The cave now warps to the tower level's 1-4 then continues down to cave level 1 and 2.I thought this would make a bigger dungeon level to have fun with.The tower in black marsh now just goes directly to the tower level 5 to make questing easier here lol.I'm going to be fooling around with more warps to change things around more but maybe not till next version as I want a big update for version 2.7 now that I have a new co modder with some amazing idea's.And his changes will be in version 2.7 also.
I threw in some more maps but I'm still learning mapping basically and have had no luck getting a mapper to help with the mod so I'm going to teach myself lol.Lot of good that'll do...heh heh.
I had also changed the den of evil to an act 5 ice cave but I dnt know if I'm going to leave it like that.
Sets?well maybe more but I'm having fun playing around with the warps so maybe not.But I'll try to add some more in.
good for now ,I'll add more later
nuff said
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:28 am

Well time to post in the correct thread for progress lol.This is just another progress report for version 2.9 which should be out soon I hope...I have to get some stuff from marhawkman and maybe make a few more maps but otherwise it is almost where I want it so far for this version.
Quick little rundown so far....
-a bunch of new map changes and addition's,should bring out the feel more lol
-with the mapping topic I have also added in numerous superunique monsters in different places to add more danger around every turn ...along with some more traps...
-They are now another 100 new unique item's,for all you collecting people out there....should bring a few laughs from some of them as well lol
-Fire Giant animation from Infinitum is in too...thnx to the fine people at Infinitum...
-I added in some more sound changes and I took out that annoying one when you push the button all the time.....lol thought I took it out in last version....sorry all... :oops:
-Cows in tower level 5 have been removed as this is not a "cave boss" level so it was not ideal heh heh
-Plains of Ragnorok has even more giants heh heh...and will have a new look I hope in time for this version
-Duriels lair now has some added oomphhh heh heh...should be fun for you all
-My idea of having a unique look in skills is coming along but May be awhile dnt expect to see massive changes for the classes but instead I'm taking a diff route first heh heh....I'm going to improve and add more graphic's for the monsters skills .....and diff skills for each...but this part is still not done yet....
-and before anyone complains I'm going to be changing some of the graphic 's for character skill's too... :cool: ...maybe some more diff animations as well
-I suppose if I get some more time mayb another 20 or so new sets as well

all for now but obviously a big part will be mapping stuff heh heh
nuff said
Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:29 pm

Actually been thinking last night,this may be as good a tiome as any to release version 2.9 and let everyone try out the new maps ..etc.So with that in mind I'm going to add a few more sounds,maybe a few new screens,up some levels on some item's.Hmm what else....maybe some monster skill graphic changes,along with some changes in their skill's as well...
More or less this version should be up soon,within a few days.I have a map plug in to release as well,probably another release too...Been bust lol
nuff said
Hades

Krazy Kris

Post by Krazy Kris » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:38 am

So Hades you still workin on the mod :?:

Check back l8r

-Krazy Kris

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:49 pm

Yuppers...still slaving away lol.Actually I've been finding the mapping taking up much of the time in the projects heh heh.So that is what is keeping me busy as of late,not too mention getting swamped with work lol.
There are alot of changes to be worked in and I'm stumped as to which way this mod is going with the release of my Apocalypse mod.Was thinking of making them fully compatible but that would require taking out the dll's and people having to make new char's....so not too sure yet.
Or I may just leave it as is and just work on them seperately to keep them distinct and with a mind of their own lol....Either way should come around soon with 2 new versions for each mod.I'm totally in love with the new tristram map so I hope everyone else likes it heh heh.
nuff said(for now ;) )
Hades

KickimusButamus

Post by KickimusButamus » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm

say just modify the existing one ^^ and if we gotta make new chars... eh so be it... just change a few things in the early parts to give it a new look or vibe... maybe throw in sum moster animations that match the monster??? and people will be glad to give it another go ^.^

however it could turn out to be a 1-2gig mod .rar'd, a big nasty thing that only the heavy modder will wana play, but your a genious so to satisfy the dialup community make restricted version later kinda like a trial version with only a small part of the mod or use the basic d2 sounds for a smaller version ^.^

but thats just my openion...

um i say a afew of the monsters in the acts do not match their image... like all them duriel looking things in act 3?? the earth element is ok for the tree but i think that drognan image would be betta change a few of the NPC chars to look a lil more like an NPC other then a monster out of a ghost busters movie... im not trying to bash u its your mod by all means you have authority over it and if all else failed you could just make me a lil modded version with like a work around skin with uber strong dragons n stuff..... oh speaking of that.... this thing needs sum wicked strong monsters sumwhere that look insanely kool like have the REG monsters then throw in the other monsters with UPPED stats like the current DEMONLORDS (act4 inferno demons) u have them look like a SHADOW claw demon... make those FURY demons those blood lords n stuff..... bring back the burning souls and stygians make me FEAR ACT 3
make me take my all mighty level 30-40 char into act 3 and say OH $#!t THAT HURT and save and exit cause i was about to die... well maybe not that hard but close ^.^ the duriel image must be changed at least.... a big spider??? they have them in act 3... make him like sumthing that would be feared... know what i mean?
make the reg monsters the reg monsters then throw in sum entirely new monsters that make Dclone look like a fallen ^.^now that i do say would be fun make it so them new monsters are FEARED like no other then make it drop ELITE uniques only HEHEHE or Sets or ethreal's on ly hehehe betta yet

well thats just stuff im thinking

oh hey if your fixing the CHARS and skills we will have to remake anyway..... so y not make it a new mod ^.^ or slightly enhanced 1 could say...

you are the god of the underworld...
you are HADES
Last edited by KickimusButamus on Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am formerly one of the previous leaders Clan Triforce [TF] Clan Elite Martial Force [EMF] Clan Apocalyptic Harbringers [AH] and I run and operate a of multiple Teamspeak and Ventrilo Servers. Since those clans are long since gone im Looking for some active people to game with.

If you have any questions concerning Diablo II, D2:LOD, D2 Mods, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or if you're looking for a gaming buddy feel free to contact me via XFIRE.

And if you play DOTA *A DEVILISH GRIN* I may request a throw down.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:24 pm

Those few idea's about the animations..he heh yeah some of them are getting changed my friend,no worries.I have some fooling around there to adjust some aspects there.
As for the char's...well yeah some may just have to be remade guys...The runewords are like ly to be changed so existing ones will not be read and will probably corrupt some char's...though not too certain about when.And a biggie is the cubing stuff is going to be changed ....all of it so there will be a bunch of stuff to find out and have fun with lol.Should make for a more fun cubing aspect of the mod and alot more potential builds...
nuff said
Hades

Return to “Hades Underworld”