VERSION2.9 Bug Reports....

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

VERSION2.9 Bug Reports....

Post by Hades » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:06 pm

Let the tidal wave begin all....heh heh...
I'm too good,dnt expect that much...heh heh..just kidding all. ;)
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

pjkeas

Re: VERSION2.9 Bug Reports....

Post by pjkeas » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:29 pm

Great mod.

Dont know if this is a bug or not but on the "Cow" level and everywhere else you meet Diablo, after you kill him all you get is one charm. The first is a unique one. (which is a nice one) but after that, only one mag charm. It almost is not worth dying every two minutes to see what else there is in the cave or on that level.
Izual and the blacksmith drop the same sets evey time their killed also. So when there are 15 Izual's, the floor gets littered with all the same set items.

I did find the Cow king, kill him and get Herc's set, but I never been killed so many times in any game..

I also checked my log and saw this

Code: Select all

13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:670  Item:2)

13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:670  Item:3)

13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:676  Item:0)

13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:676  Item:1)

13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:676  Item:2)

13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:676  Item:3)

13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:693  Item:1)

13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:694  Item:1)

13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:695  Item:1)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:701  Item:0)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:701  Item:3)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:706  Item:2)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:707  Item:2)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:720  Item:3)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:721  Item:0)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:721  Item:1)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:721  Item:2)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:721  Item:3)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:721  Item:4)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:731  Item:3)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:733  Item:2)
13:37:25.250  Couldn't parse treasure class item!  (Line:734  Item:2
I dont know if thats an issue or not..

Thanks for your efforts, I enjoy the game very much.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:41 am

Hmm nice point on the sets but I thought I fixed that part about the drops...Hmm makes me wonder if I put the "fixed"treasure txt in...Crap..that sucks ,just looked and no I forgot to put that fix in.Sorry bud,and everyone totally just missed that one.I had it all done and ready,just plain overlooked it.I'll add it in for version 3.0 right now while I remember bud,thnx for info heh heh.Well...I can't be good all the time lol.
Oh and in the fixed treasure txt,drops will not be as"buff"for most of the monsters.So get what you can now hhe heh.And a bunch of new recipes,etc...
And as for the log info...hmm no idea what that means.One of the guys around here would have to explain it in detail.But I imagine it's a mistake in a few of the item's,or treas txt.Either way I'll take a look and see what I can find out...
nuff said
Hades
BTW keep up the great info,and any prob';s with any of the maps?

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:30 am

anyway to email it to me? Hehe. At present I'll have to borrow somebody's computer to d-Load.

anyways. If you did actually take out the new skills I did I'll be starting it over again after I get my computer back.
Currently working on making an Andariel Player character.
Status of my Mod: Assimilated

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:37 pm

Keep rocking on those skill's bud,just try to keep it to one page for each heh heh.Well actually if you give everyone more skill's on each page it would be even better but it's up to you. ;)
I'm starting to chnage more sounds,graphic's,monster skill's,anmd a tonne more of cubing recipes heh heh.So I'm kind of busy for next while lol.Lot of idea's running through my head now.Still playing a diff mod for awhile then getting back into it.
As for emailing it,probably could bud.I'll get back to you on that..
nuff said
Hades

KickimusButamus

Post by KickimusButamus » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:06 am

OH YEAH a lil tip for all those NEW SKILLS your creating dont make it so you have can have more then 27 passive skills possible even when allied or you will crash other players with all AURA's and Passive skills in effect such as Eshield/thorns/Hfire/Conv/Conc/Might/ShiverArmor/Masteries/pierce and the like

just sumthing to keep in mind i know the Kingdom of Tenai mod has a BIG PROBLEM with this

The Devilish Legions of Hell
Baalzebu's General 'Phase Blade' cLevel 72
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ ... ta/Set.jpg

i still say this SWORD is MESSED up and should be fire mastery
because its 2.9 and barbs do not have cold skills as of yet
Last edited by KickimusButamus on Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am formerly one of the previous leaders Clan Triforce [TF] Clan Elite Martial Force [EMF] Clan Apocalyptic Harbringers [AH] and I run and operate a of multiple Teamspeak and Ventrilo Servers. Since those clans are long since gone im Looking for some active people to game with.

If you have any questions concerning Diablo II, D2:LOD, D2 Mods, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or if you're looking for a gaming buddy feel free to contact me via XFIRE.

And if you play DOTA *A DEVILISH GRIN* I may request a throw down.

KickimusButamus

Post by KickimusButamus » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:34 am

thank you much man for tip
Last edited by KickimusButamus on Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am formerly one of the previous leaders Clan Triforce [TF] Clan Elite Martial Force [EMF] Clan Apocalyptic Harbringers [AH] and I run and operate a of multiple Teamspeak and Ventrilo Servers. Since those clans are long since gone im Looking for some active people to game with.

If you have any questions concerning Diablo II, D2:LOD, D2 Mods, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or if you're looking for a gaming buddy feel free to contact me via XFIRE.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:15 pm

Ok one from me as well heh heh,please try to use the edit button if you have to if no one else posted after your last post.Keeps a nice and clean forum heh heh.But also enough of not paying attention will warrant more action taken in the long run bud,so try to remember that edit button ok..
The sword is made that way for an additional skill coming soon but those stats are getting a major reduction in power heh heh.So no worries I'm aware of that one,along with a few other power reductions coming soon lol.
Also glad to hear everyone liks my mods bud, ;) but no realm talk at all here on the Keep. ;) Just a friendly reminder bud.
However keep that nice list of stuff up for me keeps me on track lol ,since I tend to forgot stuff here and there. ;)
nuff said
Hades

KickimusButamus

Post by KickimusButamus » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:33 pm

there is also a BUG with DURIEL form and INCREASE speed vs CAST RATE
fanat+phase blades give cast rate 20 fire balls a second on a BARB or any character for that matter CAST RATE is insane ^.^ personally i like it but...... its kinda cheap

The speeds on Diablo are Slowed as what the would be normally as with some of the others....
i think that Pestilance form should get a DAMAGE/Speed boost for melee ^.^

and the Diablo form Damage and Fire/light Boost
VVar Light/Cold/Boost

and have duriel be that Dual Sworded Guy makes more sence he is strongest melee boss
Last edited by KickimusButamus on Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:10 pm

You're right on that account heh heh,Duriel would suit him more lol.A few changes have to be worked in along the way for some animations as well he hehh.But I'm more doing mapping,sound changes,new items,etc right now.But I haven't forgotten about those animations ,I'll get around to em soon bud.. ;)
nuff said
Hades

ChaotiX

Post by ChaotiX » Mon May 09, 2005 2:32 pm

Ok..umm...Some of this stuff might have already been mentioned somewhere else...If so, I'm sorry.

*Edit* Sorry was thinking about something else. lol No zon bugs.

Barb skills: No bugs here, but seeing as he has a fire golem and some fire spells, he really needs some adjusting ie a fire mastery that targets both spells and the golem or synergies between them. Also fire golem still has synergy bonus' from other necro skills.

Druid: Tornado(Or was it twister...hmmm) doesnt appear when cast. It's invisible......was this intended?

Necro: Golems have Fire golem in synergies. The Golem sounds are f****** annoying. (no offence) Would it be possible to somehow slow the golem sounds down...they do them too often and it gets irritating.

Monsters: Tropocata(sp?) driders, worg riders and some other monsters are WAY too easy to kill. Tropocata is the worst. Always dies in 1 hit nomatter the damage...and to make it even worse in nightmare they drop stuff like crazy.I dont mind the drops but if possible make stronger.

Unique monsters: I know this has been mentioned before but I'll repeat it just incase. Mind Maw(The smith for the mallus) drops Civerbs all the time...in caves with dclones it becomes annoying and lags when 35 complete civerbs sets are on the floor.

Act 5: LAG! Fire Giants and Frost Giants spawn WAY too much. Reduce their amounts and have more minions of destruction running around.( All areas).

Boss monsters: Andy replacement is too easy. Duriel is too easy. Baal is way too easy.

Random Stuff:
Act2 Mage Delirium and Act 3 general music should be put everywhere. :)
White Dragons have a little too much hp.
Curst guys (act 5) Drop elites in normal...
Level 1 Chars need a little more starting Attack rating. Mage classes get creamed.
DClone needs random drops. (including multiple Annihilus charms in hell)
Act5 lag causes occasional unhandled errors.
Incase you plan to change the festish\flayer\soulkiller etc voices...dont. I love the retarded voices they have :)
Fire giants shouldnt be saying "You are nothing". Only Shenk.(Reduce lag when in big groups, 20 of them saying that slows the game down to a crawl)
BloodRaven is hard to hit...too damn small. Keep it that way. ;)
Ettin and Bugbear monsters spawn everywhere from act 1 to 4...Seeing the same monsters over and over again gets frustrating. (Dont remove the bugbears though...i like their sounds.)
I finished Normal at level 62...is that normal?
I use PlugY 4.04 with your mod. Unlimited Stash is needed for all the kick ass sets\uniques you've created.
Iron Maiden\Corpse explosion damage(from Oblivion knights\Nilathalk) may be overpowered.
Some unique swords when id'd seem strange. two handed sword with a one handed crystal sword type image...but still has the two handed sword placing space.( 4 spaces instead of 6).

*Edit* Make the necro starting weapon a scythe instead of just a sword.
Sorc starting item is useless, gives +1 firebolt.
Zon and Sorc have vanilla skill req's.
Assn needs an Ice trap.

*Edit2* Graphic glitch with fallen/carver/devilkin and DarkOne Shamen. When cornered, they turn into regular fallen/carver/devilkin and darkone and then turn back. Not really a problem, it doesnt effect gameplay whatsoever.

This list may seem long, but this is still the best mod ive ever played.
Oh and please dont ever remove the minor potion + item = unique recipe...makes the game lots more fun. :)
I hope i didnt offend with any of this.

Thanks for creating this mod.
Last edited by ChaotiX on Tue May 10, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The Horsemen are drawing nearer
On leather steeds they ride
They have come to take your life
On through the dead of night
With the four Horsemen ride
or choose your fate and die!"

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Tue May 10, 2005 6:06 am

The Zon skills should be the same as in vanilla.

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Thu May 12, 2005 12:31 am

*Edit* Make the necro starting weapon a scythe instead of just a sword.
Sorc starting item is useless, gives +1 firebolt.
Zon and Sorc have vanilla skill req's.
Assn needs an Ice trap.

Scythe I don't think will work since it has a dex Req. I fixed the sorc item problem in 2.8. I guess Hades accidentally changed it back for 2.9. Skill Reqs are a good thing. Assn don't need ice trap. I'm making one for Zon though.

*Edit2* Graphic glitch with fallen/carver/devilkin and DarkOne Shamen. When cornered, they turn into regular fallen/carver/devilkin and darkone and then turn back. Not really a problem, it doesnt effect gameplay whatsoever.

The shamans still use their old Anims for Melee attacks. That's really the only issue here.

ChaotiX

Post by ChaotiX » Thu May 12, 2005 6:44 am

Ice trap for a zon? Cool. :)

Yeah i didnt think about the dex req for the scythe.

In Pandemonium(Normal Mode) Are all the Diablos supposed to drop Elite items\sets? Im not complaining, just curious.
"The Horsemen are drawing nearer
On leather steeds they ride
They have come to take your life
On through the dead of night
With the four Horsemen ride
or choose your fate and die!"

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Thu May 12, 2005 9:18 am

I doubt it. Hades'll need to work on that one.

KickimusButamus

Post by KickimusButamus » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:41 am

hey hawk on the contrarey couldnt hades just edit the base items stats on the sythe to more suit the starting stats of a necro or do that with all chars and make them start with a weapon switch aka

Barb starts with 2 broad swords and 2 war axes
Base stats 70str/10dex/30vit/10energy
both give double swirng on weapons and 1 weapon mastery

for sorc 1 staff 1 orb with +3 to starter skills on staff +1 on orb
20str/30dex/20vit/50energy

same for nec and so on also
start with Dagger/Sythe/Wand

actually what hades could do is make a Cube Recipie for each char that allows them to Make starter items for each class but make them have a sell value of 1 gold and be player only items... aka only the necro can use the necro sythe and necro daggers and so on... i know another mod did this already and it worked quite nicely then put level req's on the items n such

only the sorc can use the stafs n stuff...

only barb can use his starter weapons asn the claws the druid the clubs n mauls and make it so the starter items are betta then the uniques that u can make at the same level

then you can take out all the low level sets like sigon and make the mod slightly smaller in size

well thats bout all i got for now...

it would make the mod sumwhat unique and for the classes played not so much, it would give them a chance to be used more at the start because they could kill stuff more easily as opposed to making a sorc or power character

KickimusButamus

Post by KickimusButamus » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:42 am

hey hawk on the contrarey couldnt hades just edit the base items stats on the sythe to more suit the starting stats of a necro or do that with all chars and make them start with a weapon switch aka

actually what hades could do is make a Cube Recipie for each char that allows them to Make starter items for each class but make them have a sell value of 1 gold and be player only items... aka only the necro can use the necro sythe and necro daggers and so on... i know another mod did this already and it worked quite nicely then put level req's on the items n such

only barb can use his starter weapons asn the claws the druid the clubs n mauls and make it so the starter items are betta then the uniques that u can make at the same level

then you can take out all the low level sets like sigon and make the mod slightly smaller in size

it would make the mod sumwhat unique and for the classes played not so much, it would give them a chance to be used more at the start because they could kill stuff more easily as opposed to making a sorc or power character

i know this aint really a bug post its more of a reply/suggestion if u want me to move it just personall message me

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:16 pm

Why not just make a new item type and use that instead? It'd be just as easy and it wouldn't mess up the rest of the game.
No can do. Only one skill point for starting Weapons. And only one starting item can have a +skill bonus. changing the base stats is easy though. Multiple items is okay as long as they meet the stat requirements.
see above.
See above
Easy as pie. I've already been working on doing this with Sorcs. the catch is whether it will be useful.
I'm gonna give the Sorcs throwing knives.
That would be a waste of time. What would be the point of uniques if your starting items are superior?
that wouldn't help enough. the problem is the added pictures and sounds.... New monster anims take up a surprising amount of room. And to think people wonder why game designers like pallette swapping so much.

I'm not sure whare you're going with this.
i know this aint really a bug post its more of a reply/suggestion if u want me to move it just personall message me
It's a comment on version 2.9.... So it belongs here.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:19 am

To save me the trouble of going to look, can someone tell me where Pandemonium is?!? Just curious considering that there is supposed to be a WP there.

Krazy Kris

Post by Krazy Kris » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:09 pm

To get to Pandemonium level get wirts leg and tome of town portal in cube then transmute. :D
Last edited by Krazy Kris on Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 pm

Ok, so that area replaced the Cow Level, or is basically a renamed, more hellish version of Cow Level. :cool:

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:14 am

Yuppers,it's a lot of fun heh heh,and tonnes of treasure etc...You should have a new tristram map to get the leg for this Pandemonium adventure soon as well....
Have fun with this part bud....more to come
nuff said
Hades

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:27 pm

Hey Hades, I just rescued Cain (normal) and I can't get to Griswold - HE'S OUTSIDE THE AREA that I can access!!! :x

EDIT1: image of what I was saying above.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~dengland/screenshot004.jpg

While you're at it Hades, here's a couple of item pics you should look at, don't know if they're bugged or not.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~dengland/screenshot001.jpg

http://home.cogeco.ca/~dengland/screenshot005.jpg
Last edited by theonlymoose on Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KickimusButamus

Post by KickimusButamus » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:52 am

8-O 8-O 8-O WE GOTTA BIG !@#$'ING PROBLEM HERE!!!!!!! 8-O 8-O 8-O

um there is a PARTICULAR item in the CUBEAHOLICS that will make it possible for you to over cap the mods on an item and thus making YOU CRASH yourself and or other people in the game

i am talking about the CHARM PROGRAMER i made a charm with all what u call it, 66 skills a lil tip, dont do that, because if your mouse or sumone elses looks at the mods... it will crash them instantly the only way to move is is to use sumthing like an EAR to hover over it and replace it.

yeah if you made it so that it was RESTRICTED 1 skill per charm and the invintory is 90 spaces that leaves 24 extra spaces for other items also
the CHARGE row SOULD WRAP around

Legend
□=ally/summons
c=ChargeSkill
o=NonClassSkill (inferno or sumthing)
p=PlayerSkill

its kinda like this
. _______________
. |□□□□□□□ =|
. | |
. | |<-D2window
.cccccccccccccccc|cccccccccccccccc|
. | ooooo|
. | pppppppp|
. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

if possible it should wrap around
. _______________
. |□□□□□ =|
. | cccccccccc|
. | ccccccccccccc|
. |cccccccccccccccc|<-D2window
. | ooooo|
. | pppppppp|
. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

that would greatly inhance this aspect
of the mod or if possible make a skill TAB option
where when u press S it first brings up the player class skills then Charges then Addes skills or sumthing

that way 1 would not over work the skills or make it so the charges stack or sumthing...

ne who, JUST Letting you know Since i posted the alot of the cube recipies if u need me to remove them because of this lil thing lemme know and ill edit the post
Last edited by KickimusButamus on Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:31 pm

Yeah I actually noticed that the other day lol.Yup kind of a prob there and will be fixed in next version but not the way you would expect I'm afraid though heh heh.All charms.charge ones,and other cubeaholics stuff is getting axed.No more from there will be used or able to work.So either chars will have to get rid of that stuff before you use new version or you will have to begin new char's.Either way will be fine but just remember to get rid of any extra socketed stuff,charge charms,boss ammy's,etc....
Whole slew of cubing stuff coming to take the place of the old stuff and a whole new potential awesome stuff not to mention the ability to add new powers to item's from new cubing recipes... ;)
So expect a bunch of fixes along with a bunch of new stuff...
nuff said
Hades

Return to “Hades Underworld”