[RequestXOffer] Teaming Up

This forum is for requests for (and offers of) mod-related work and mod project recruitment whether temporary or permanent. This is NOT a place to post "make this for me" requests.

Moderator: AdiTT

dreameaterx
Slovakia

[RequestXOffer] Teaming Up

Post by dreameaterx » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Yo, guys (or possibly ladies O.O)

I'm here, writing this for rather primitive reason - seeking for fellow modmakers to establish a team with. What have I planned to do is a medium-sized mod on v1.10. It should be simple and action-filled with adjusted character skill table (but not remade from scratch) with new item gathering system while accompanied by a new story. To keep it SIMPLE we will NOT touch the game code, that means softcode only. This will give newbie modders possibility to show what they are capable of even without extraordinary skills (but that doesn't mean I'm about to babysit someone here, word newbie means you don't know a lot, but you know basics already) . If someone doubts that the story can be remade without code editing, please, get out of here ! Thank you.

Now we get to the organisational stuff. Before we actually start doing anything we'll have to discuss a lot and find out what exactly is the strength and weakness of each of us, so be sure to clean that garbage in that head of yours and ask yourself whether you are capable of doing even more stuff on schedule than you have to now, due to the fact that in the first discussion everyone will have to clearly state what he can do well, what he can do... less well, and when is the time to leave something to somebody else.

This project shall not be small but if more of us are going to work on it, it should be done in half year (estimated time, but, you know "estimated"). The most important thing of all is to not put a huge pile of work in front of us and then, in the middle of everything say "You guys know what, fu-ck this". Because of this we will not care about really minor details and focus to, as I mentioned before, keep it simple, action-filled and enjoyable. This is because the fact I want to have this mod finished and not bother with neverending balancing. Of course that we are not going to make huge mistakes and we will properly test everything and also recruit testers later on.

At the end I would like to say that even though we will discuss stuff, there may not be any outcome. Might happen we will simply not come to an understanding or (hope this is not gonna happen) there won't be enough demand for this and thus it will probably be abandoned. I already have most of main things thought over but of course you can add your ideas too and I can ensure you that I'll do my best to implement everything wanted in the mod and that I won't refuse your suggestion without reasoning.

Who I'm looking for are easygoing, but responsive people at minimal ESTIMATED (prove you can be member and you're in) age of 15. At the discussions we will divide main roles (doesn't mean you can't do anything else, it means it's your primary job) like mapper(if there will be any new maps, there won't be many of them, mapper is required for mostly changing the existing ones and moving bosses) etc. Each role will be in team only once! You won't be required to spend more than an hour per day(with exceptions of course) with modding, it's just a free time activity, not a job and some people (myself) also want to graduate.

Looking forward to co-operation with ya!

Contact me with PM, topic response or following:
Steam: dreameaterxi

dreameaterx
Slovakia

Re: [RequestXOffer] Teaming Up

Post by dreameaterx » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:55 am

Recruiting no more

Return to “Job Offerings”