Secrets and Tips

Information and updates for the "Revival" and "The Second Coming" mods by GuyAskinQuestion. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: GuyAskingQuestion

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Secrets and Tips

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:23 pm

Just wondered what secret areas/items, or tips for tackling certain monsters/general gameplay you guys know. There is alot of hidden stuff in the mod, and I wondered if you had found it all...

I may just add some more when I am done with the bugs! :cry:

~ If playing as a party over tcp/ip, or otherwise, remember that skills such as the Barbarians "Totem of Dispair" and the Necromancers "Soften" DO NOT stack. Simply put, a monster may be affected by; one curse style effect; numerous aura style skills.

~ Similarly, Barbarian "shouts" do not stack - except for - Battle Command. In addition, Battle Commands "+ skills" increases after a few levels.

~ For early, and later, gold, look out for; any knifes; wands, staffs and orbs; scrolls; bronze, gold and platinum; and skulls.

~ Gambleing has much greater odds in finding items of suitable power. Just don't waste too much cash!

~ You may find that to remove the penalties from Afflicted items and the Charm Limit that you must take on and off the Skill Scroll. Otherwise, you might simply wait a few seconds.

~ If you're finding the next difficulty alittle hard, try searching around act 5 for new areas...

~ Keep all the Jewels you find -- even sucky ones -- as you can craft them together to make another magic , Rare, or even Unique Jewel.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:09 pm

~ Monster body parts are worth keeping, as you can either upgrade a tempered item. Or craft alot of them together to make a blue box (50), craftsmans hammers, and other useful items.

~ If the Charm Limiting effect won't turn off after you have dropped some charms, pickup and put down the Scroll of Skills.

~ Bloodraven drops a nice charm in each difficulty, but there is no need to run her twice as she will just drop the same charm everytime.

~ The Countess is still one of the best enemies to kill for runes. She can now drop as high as Zod, but the chances of that are very low.

~ If you're having problems finding the way to the Dark Wood, check the icey cave in the Graveyard.
Last edited by GuyAskingQuestion on Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Return to “Mods by GuyAskingQuestion”