Passive skill based on char lvl

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

sujezz

Passive skill based on char lvl

Post by sujezz » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi, I've been trying to add some passive that works and scales with char lvl, but start at lvl 90. I copied Natural Resistance from barb and as a calc I used "((stat('level'.accr) > 89) ? stat('level'.accr)-89 : 0))" - I know this is wrong and that's why I came here. How to read current character level ? This is probably something simple but I couldn't find answer anywhere. My goal is to add 1% to all max resistances per level starting at 90 ( yes I did change resistances to max resistances ) and also any other way to add passive skills to be shown up other than making two versions one with passive 1 but not putting them in skill trees ?

gcc
Paladin
Austria

Re: Passive skill based on char lvl

Post by gcc » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:29 pm

use this:

max(ulvl-89,0)

results of the calculation:
below lvl 89, ulvl-89<0 so 0 is used
at lvl 89 ulvl-89=0, so 0 is used
at lvl 90 or higher ulvl-89>0 so this value will be used

ulvl is the level of the unit using a skill.

also note that you need a state for this skill that is not used by any other skill on the same character. if your character already has natural resistance, you will need another state for this skill (you can try warmth for example).

Return to “Skill Clinic”