Delay formula doesnt seem to work

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Moonpaw

Delay formula doesnt seem to work

Post by Moonpaw » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:25 pm

i put in the following formula in the delay column (not to be confused with perdelay)) of multiple shot: max( 8 – (stat(2.accr) / 500), 0)
stat(2.accr) is your total dexterity with bonuses (i presume).

So you would think with 4000 dexterity the delay would be 0 (8 - (4000/500)) (no delay), but strangely there is always a delay. I even put in max( 8 – 8), 0) just to test it, but there is still a delay.
If i just put in 0 there is no delay, like intended.
Im playing game version 1.10

What am i doing wrong? what am i overlooking?

My goal is that with your main stat you can lower the delay of some of your skills.

Moonpaw

Re: Delay formula doesnt seem to work

Post by Moonpaw » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:38 pm

I figured it all out. The max(#,#) function is {filtered} retarded.
it takes any number in the expression thats the highest and returns that
max((500-400),125) returns....125? No, 400? No, it returns 500. CAUSE ITS {filtered} {filtered}

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:11 pm

what exactly are you putting in the formula? can you post it here? In your example, you are missing ' symbols before and after the stat name.

Some calcs do not like zero as output. I would suggest to put +1 to the end of formula. just for safety.

I remember skill berserk has long formulae with min(.....) but never tried to calculate it by hand.
IMO it is too complicated to just calculate something that is shorter than 75 frames. They could replace it with diminishing returns and it would have the same output :D
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:02 am

I'm not sure if it is just me but the diablo 2 version on of min() and max() seems to be incredibly sensitive to the number of brackets. I have a number of formulae that use min and max, even nested min and max. Watch the brackets.

IE While there is nothing illogical about max((500-400),150), it seems to fail but max((500-400),(150)) will work. IDK why.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Return to “Skill Clinic”