Heya! Looking for help with synergy editing!

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Xuvens

Heya! Looking for help with synergy editing!

Post by Xuvens » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:41 am

Hi guys, I'm not sure how active this forum still is (and my old account's password is inaccessible since the domain transfer apparently haha) BUT I am looking to do some things a younger version of me would have greatly enjoyed making it into Diablo II.

I want to edit some Werewolf/bear Druid abilities.

Here are some of the things I want to be able to do in the Skills.txt, I'm just not quite sure where to begin with synergies and after searching for a while and not really coming across anything I am stuck here with D2Excel open trying to make sense of it all.

I want to give Hunger a lifesteal synergy from Feral Rage, a WEAPON attack speed synergy from Fury (is this even possible), % chance to open wounds from Rabies and a damage synergy from Maul. I was also looking to give Hunger a +50% damage increase to undead.

I want Fury to receive manasteal/lifesteal synergy from Hunger and attack rating/minor damage synergy from Feral Rage.

And finally I wanted to give Feral Rage the weapon attack speed synergy from Fury, lifesteal AND manasteal synergy from Hunger and a damage synergy from Maul.

I really hope I can get some help on this, it's only for personal uses :D

If the weapon attack speed synergies are impossible, is there a way to make Druid shapeshift form use normal attack speed calculations?

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Re: Heya! Looking for help with synergy editing!

Post by Desocupado » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Keep in mind that skill description is different from skill values - i.e. you must change the description with skilldesc.txt

I'm a bit rusty but i'll try to help.

1 - Hunger's life steal is calculated with calc2 field - read the formula guide d2mods.info/index.php?ind=reviews&op=en ... w&iden=371 for an understanding on the subject.
I'm not sure if you can use actual weapon speed in calculations.
Hunger doesn't let you choose what stats it grants (i.e. I don't think you can add "inflict open wounds" to the player while he uses it) - A work around would be cloning concentrate and change it to behave however you want - open wounds, mana/health steal, open wounds (concentration adds any sort of stat to the user while the attack is going on) - then you add the state restriction and enforce the bite animation usage.

2 - Like the case above, what fields and what you can do to each skill depends on it's function - I don't think you could add stats to fury... Well you can try (who knows... it might work) to add the stat on the "aurastat" with a respective aurastate and auracalc1 - but I don't think that field will work without having the concentrate skill functions - Given how fury and zeal are exactly the same skill (code/function wise), I suppose you should search for topics on changing zeal.

3 - Changing Feral Rage is a matter of using the aurastat and aura calc field (as this skill uses it) - combine the knowledge from the formula guide above and you'll be able to do lots of things.

Xuvens

Re: Heya! Looking for help with synergy editing!

Post by Xuvens » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:40 am

Desocupado" wrote:Keep in mind that skill description is different from skill values - i.e. you must change the description with skilldesc.txt

I'm a bit rusty but i'll try to help.

1 - Hunger's life steal is calculated with calc2 field - read the formula guide d2mods.info/index.php?ind=reviews&op=en ... w&iden=371 for an understanding on the subject.
I'm not sure if you can use actual weapon speed in calculations.
Hunger doesn't let you choose what stats it grants (i.e. I don't think you can add "inflict open wounds" to the player while he uses it) - A work around would be cloning concentrate and change it to behave however you want - open wounds, mana/health steal, open wounds (concentration adds any sort of stat to the user while the attack is going on) - then you add the state restriction and enforce the bite animation usage.

2 - Like the case above, what fields and what you can do to each skill depends on it's function - I don't think you could add stats to fury... Well you can try (who knows... it might work) to add the stat on the "aurastat" with a respective aurastate and auracalc1 - but I don't think that field will work without having the concentrate skill functions - Given how fury and zeal are exactly the same skill (code/function wise), I suppose you should search for topics on changing zeal.

3 - Changing Feral Rage is a matter of using the aurastat and aura calc field (as this skill uses it) - combine the knowledge from the formula guide above and you'll be able to do lots of things.

Thank you for the response and help!

I didn't even consider taking other skills, say Concentration, and just editing those to function how I want. Also, thank you for the guides.

I'm currently in the process of getting the .tbl files so I can edit the descriptions, however I'm certain that the changes I've been trying to make haven't worked, so I'll take your advice and let you know how I go!

Return to “Skill Clinic”