how to correctly change a skill's missiles?

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

arthas86

how to correctly change a skill's missiles?

Post by arthas86 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:45 pm

I am totally new in modifying skills.txt and missiles.txt; appreciate if anyone could give me some advice on some issues that I am currently encountering. I would like to modify existing skills to use different missiles. Like for example,
1) I want to change amazon's charged strike skill from releasing charged bolts to freezing arrows missiles. I replaced the 'chargedstrikebolt' for 'freezingarrow' for both server and client missiles in skills.txt. The freezing arrows did appear but they do not freeze the enemies, just like how a normal freezing arrow skill would work.

2) I am trying to modify the blizzard skill to spam meteors instead of it's usual blizzard missles. I changed the missiles to use meteorcenter in missiles.txt for blizzardcenter but seems like I couldn't make the animation to work correctly.

What am I missing?

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Re: how to correctly change a skill's missiles?

Post by k0r3l1k » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Missiles are quite a bit more complex that they might seem at first. All the effects you described are totally possible, but a lot of missile behavior comes from the skill function and skill parameters.

You'll have to really learn what each part of the missile is doing and how to use them in order to get the kind of skill effects you're going for.

Unfortunately it doesn't come easy and it's a lot to learn.

If you aren't already I suggest you join the pk discord channel. Myself and others, more knowledgeable are usually hanging around there to help answer questions.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63534

Return to “Skill Clinic”