Anyone having problems with Hirelings?

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Underkill. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Seaular

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Anyone having problems with Hirelings?

Post by Seaular » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:01 pm

Is anyone else having troubles with Hirelings? Symptoms include items not adding to stats when equipped or items not allowed to be equipped even though the requirements are met. Possible other problems as well. :(

Please let me know one way or the other, if you've had this problem let me know what was happening, and if you've never had any problems let me know that too. I'd love to pinpoint what's happening and eliminate the problem asap.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:47 pm

I haven't had this problem. My Act 2 merc is level 29 and kickin' strong.

Ligh7ning

Re: Anyone having problems with Hirelings?

Post by Ligh7ning » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:00 am

Have you tried putting on equipement on it through the portrait yet?

if so, do try, but try with a worthless item first just in case, cuz my items dissapear :-|

kunzen

Post by kunzen » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:41 pm

It might not be a big problem, but when i equip my hireling (Rouge, Act1) with a bow it shows diffrent damage whenever i put the bow in the left or the right slot. The left slot shows more damage than the right slot.

Besides that i havent experienced any kinda problems so far
My dad is stronger than yours...!!

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:41 pm

[quote=kunzen";p="200593"]when i equip my hireling (Rouge, Act1) with a bow it shows diffrent damage whenever i put the bow in the left or the right slot. The left slot shows more damage than the right slot.[/quote]
Is it that the left is showing more damage or just that the right slot is showing no damage?

I had never thought to try this out before, it must be a thing with PlugY. The quick little test I just did showed that when I equipped the bow/xbow in the right slot the weapon damage was not added to the rogue's base damage.

I'll see if I can do anything about this, but until then, make sure to use the left slot if you want your merc to actually use that weapon. :)

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:36 pm

do you plan on adding new skills for mercs to use as well?
If your going to repremand me can you at least pose an answer

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:36 pm

[quote=blinky";p="200628"]
do you plan on adding new skills for mercs to use as well?
[/quote]
Most definitely! In fact, before I had released the beta I had completely changed all of the hireling skills. For the beta I set the hirelings back to their standard stats and skills because I didn't know how well all the other changes would mesh. Once character skills and difficulty are balanced I plan on bringing in a variety of changes to mercs and summons.[/i]

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:58 am

cool, is it possible to give the act5 merc the frenzy attack and abbilty to hold 2 1h swords or other weapons? and % chance to cast battle orders, shout and commands? make them lot more useful imo

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:19 am

[quote=blinky";p="200671"]
cool, is it possible to give the act5 merc the frenzy attack and abbilty to hold 2 1h swords or other weapons? and % chance to cast battle orders, shout and commands? make them lot more useful imo
[/quote]
The problem with changing the weapons that mercs can use is that they only have one set of animations, so a Rogue will always be seen with a bow, a spear on the "Desert Paladin", sword/shield on the Iron Wolves, and the Barbs will always be swinging one two-handed sword, no matter what items you allow them to use. As for 2 swords on the barb, I'm pretty sure that would require a large amount of code editing, which just isn't worth the hassle.

All the mercs will be a lot more useful. I mean, what use is an Iron Wolf who's only weapon is lvl 10 lightning? :)

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:29 pm

true, what bout changing the a5 merc graphic to those of the wandering barbs in act5 outside the gate they have two weapons

Molmoch

Post by Molmoch » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:34 pm

I couldn't give my rogue merc a long bow. All stats were met. I'll try again next game. Anyone else have this problem?

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:25 pm

I remember someone else having this problem, I'll look into it. :(

EDIT: I've been trying, but I just can't recreate this problem. It's real hard to fix if I don't know what's going on. :(

Take off all of your character's equipment and see if you still meet the requirements. If you meet the requirements with your base stats and still can't wear the item, I'm going to cry. If you're only meeting the requirements through bonuses from the belt/jewelery/boots then it might be a .dll/plugy/d2mod issue that should be easily fixed.
Last edited by Seaular on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redmancsxt

Post by redmancsxt » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:16 pm

I am trying to get the plugy 4 and the hireling mod to work. I have added the dlls to load up thru plugy the hireling inventory comes up ok but it wont let me put rings, gloves and stuff on.
Now if i run the hireling mod by itself it runs ok. just cant get it to run with plugy.
Any ideas.

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:15 pm

[quote=redmancsxt";p="202090"]
I am trying to get the plugy 4 and the hireling mod to work. I have added the dlls to load up thru plugy the hireling inventory comes up ok but it wont let me put rings, gloves and stuff on.
Now if i run the hireling mod by itself it runs ok. just cant get it to run with plugy.
Any ideas.
[/quote]
You're in the wrong neck of the woods. You might want to check out the PlugY thread in the Member Announcements forum to see if anyone else has had problems like this.

Return to “Underkill”