skill comments

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Underkill. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Seaular

No votes

Total votes: 0

blinky
Paladin

skill comments

Post by blinky » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:55 pm

Talents-
Sumons/summon mastery seem to have no stats, like base damage just +%damage,not finished im guesing?
Do the summons get any skills at higher levels? if not thatd be cool like maybey one at lvl 5 another at lvl 10
-Casting speed dont know how many classes need this whose spells arent on timmers, sorc seems to gain most from it, maybey combine with magic mastery,and turn casting speed into a new one?
-you could combine some of the combat talents, such as IAS, natural resistance and stone skin into one, call it Warriors training or soemthing.
-always thought stone skin should have a added DR% in it start at like 3 to a max of 20 at Slvl20
-Maybey add javalins to the spear class mastery
Sorc-
soul pulse doesnt seem to bounce that much or maybye im just not aiming right.
lighting storm- seems cool but 10 secs is kinda short, and its only useful for large crows as a sort of added damage to whatever your using as amain skill, im guesing if they all targeted like the original it would be to strong?
Hydra- maybey at higher levels it can use fireballs instead of firebolt?
Assasin-
combine burst of speed with fade, ninjitsu (sp?) or to strong?
i always thought min dmg of death sentry was kinda weak
Necro-
-clay golem as a summon,kinda weak for a necro, sorc got the strongest golem lol. what bout a death lord, those ones that have frenzy,higher level youd get more.or put instead of skeletons at a higher level let him summon a vampire that uses meteor/firewall or a demon use that mini diablo graphic from D1
raise skeleton- im sure someone has commneted about them
Bone armor- could add a passive dr% like 3 , makes the bones of the necromancer stronger and such
all for now rest couldnt come up with things to change add yet
If your going to repremand me can you at least pose an answer

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: skill comments

Post by Seaular » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:23 pm

Right now summons and summon mastery is real generic. All summons are almost identical in terms of damage, ac, life, etc. Right now the only difference between the Necro's Clay Golem and the Sorc's Fire Golem is that the Fire Golem has Holy Fire. The summons won't be the same as they used to be, they'll have new skills and strengths. Summon Mastery is currently applied to each summon in the exact same way. It increases their attack speed, movement speed, and damage, but I haven't changed the skill description to reflect this yet (but it is working).

I like your idea of combining certain passives. Any skills that seem like a waste will be changed into something more beneficial. If some of the combat/magic passives do get combined, think of some more skills you might want to see.

Things like casting speed are there just in case you find a Barb-Only helm with a high level Nova on it or something, and want to build your character around that skill.

Lightning Storm has a pretty low duration at first, but I think it gets longer with synergies.

Molmoch

Post by Molmoch » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:55 pm

I would encourage you to leave casting speed. True, its not as crucial for non-standard casters, but it does allow for the generic, I can do everything feel of the mod. Otherwise, why have melee for a sorc?

I like the basics of the summons. But you can have some interesting fun with them, depending on how hard it is to work skills. And you can mess with stats. So maybe a barb summon has very weak magic resists. A sorc summon is weak to physical? Through in some cool skills, and it will feel "unique".

Random ideas:

Necro : Demon Lord - Either a brutal up front figher that curses when hitting monsters, or maybe a guardian type from Act 2 (although with increased speed please) that can heal minions.

Sorc: Magic Sword - You could use animation from act 2 scimitars. Give them spectral hit or a random element for added bonus. Maybe even % cast on hit.

Paladin : I always liked the idea of using some sort of angelic being here. Maybe the valkyrie? Lightning damage and holy bolts. Fist of the heavens perhaps.

Assassin : Shadow Master was fun in normal, and I think it could work here as well.

Druid : Treant or Eldar Tree Spirit? Thorn Hulk Beast (although with perhaps increased speed). Gets frenzy, thorns, and maybe some life regen.

Amazon : Absolutely no idea.

Barbarian : I would avoid the idea some use of "red drake". It never made sense. Maybe an iron golem?

Take em for what they are worth.

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:17 am

Those are some great ideas. The Thorn Hulk is such a good idea for a Druid summon, I can't believe that never crossed my mind! I definitely want the summons to become a very unique part of this mod. Eventually they will have their own specific skills, strengths, and weaknesses.

The problem I'm having right now is that it's real hard to adjust the summons without having all the character skills balanced first. I want to make each summon complement the character by being effective in an area that they might not be so strong in. So once I'm happy with the way character skills are working I can start individualizing the summons to the character, but until then they're going to have to stay bland. :(

I forgot all about those scimitars! They could be used to make an awesome skill.. I can't wait to try it out.

Keep the ideas flowing! :)

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:08 pm

Moved to another thread.
-Nevbo
Last edited by Nevbo on Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

alt32768

Post by alt32768 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:11 pm

Here are some my ideas for skills.

Change required level
Change all "Mastery" skills required level to 45 or 50 (for Nightmare games)
And all "Pierce" skills, to 65 or 70 (for Hell games)
Too strong for a normal level, I thought. And, thus, it is good. Change required level 12 to 15, 18 to 25, 24 to 35, 30 to 45.

Treasure Hunting
Change the attributes "Passive" to "Aura". Because of owe the risk (fought easily or the treasure obtained).
So you might raise the rate a little more (+10% to start, +10-15% per level). It is so, and it is also good to lower the defense/resistances when it's effective.

Find Potion skill for all classes
It's necessary to speak another idea of me...
I thought that I always obtained the potion easily. The cause is a too high drop rate (not only your mod but almost all mod). So I'm free to use skills. Moreover, I'm not worry about life also.
The solution is greatly lower the probability of dropping the potion. Then we need Find Potion skill! I suppose, 7-8% at level 1, +1% per level. Too low? Hmmm I don't think so...
Or, the enemies NEVER drops any potion (getting only from the merchant or the treasure box ). In this case, "Find Potion" skill becomes unnecessary. I wanna recommend this idea.
Now, How to earn gold? Selling picked items, or/and open the chest, break the barrel diligently to getting gold!
Yes, enhances the value of gold is one of my intention. The value of money is low in almost all mod.
However, it becomes MASOCHIST MOD if it does too much. Balancing is important. But it should be difficult to some degree.

By the way, here's some ideas for new skill

Sorceress:
+Stone Curse (like Diablo1. high mana cost)

Paladin:
+Summon angel to fight with demons. It's not to mean the angel fight by sword. Maybe he will cast a spell. Maybe... earthquake, armageddon, apocalypse... Of course, the angel is invincible and time-limited-summonning. Fortunately you've already got the graphics material, "Tyrael"!

Any classes:
+Random elemental attack/magic (yes, it doesn't clear until using it. possible? )
+Reduce vendor's price passive skill (some other mod already achieved it)
+Teleport the enemy to random place when attack (useless...?)

Amazon:
+Boundable magic arrow (like pinball). Hmmm... is it too strong?

Sorry... not many good ideas.
Last edited by alt32768 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:07 pm

what about a different level one summon to replace skeletons?
like this guy http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~infinitum/ ... hadow.html

and what bout this guy for the sorc's fire elemental http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~infinitum/ ... ental.html

and then this for the necro summon basicaly a demon http://www.planetdiablo.com/incandescen ... iablo.html

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:58 pm

blinky";p="201114" wrote: what about a different level one summon to replace skeletons?
like this guy http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~infinitum/ ... hadow.html

and what bout this guy for the sorc's fire elemental http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~infinitum/ ... ental.html

and then this for the necro summon basicaly a demon http://www.planetdiablo.com/incandescen ... iablo.html
Well, about adding new monster animations.. Way back when I started with the mod I planned on adding a lot of new monsters, in fact, there was a point where I had already downloaded every set of monster animations available from the Infinitum. The problem is, my internet access has been changed drastically since then and I currently have to use dial-up. There's just no way I'll be able to upload/patch a 50+ mb mod using 56k, I just don't have half a day's worth of patience in me. But don't count it out yet, things may change.

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:10 pm

ah sucky, didnt know even a few new anims added so much mb

evilbill1782

Post by evilbill1782 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:00 pm

Take a look at the Zy-El mod, that adds lots of new monsters and so forth, which makes it into a 50 meg download :(

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:55 pm

ya but this would be like 3-4 new graphics for a summon skill not as many as zy el im prety sure

Molmoch

Post by Molmoch » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:35 pm

I suppose emailing to someone who has a fast connection won't help?

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:48 pm

was lookin in skills.txt and there are some skills that im nto sure are in the game , like wake of destruction sentry,fire tail,death breath,, sounds cool wodnering what they do if its a unfinished skill?

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:12 pm

Wake of Destruction is actually used for the Wake of Fire Sentry I believe..

As for Fire Tail and Death Breath, they're in there. ;)

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:59 pm

what about changing enchant so that it converts a % of whoever is enchanted's damage to fire damage, and has a % to cast on striking some kind of fire animation, where if the target doesnt move it takes additional fire damage per second. higher level more damage is converted to fire, and more "burn" damage per second, cuz i think its still kinda weak. maybey let her be able to cast one of those electrical/fire armors on her self and others which also abosorb a small % of that element

AzN0MN1P073N7

Post by AzN0MN1P073N7 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:10 am

skill comments...

so far the game seems just.. to easy. you can get wepons and get a whole bunch of wepons just for prebuffing.. there are soo many items for that its just not funny. So i think you need to add some harder monsters.

Paladin's Holy shield ability costs too much mana for such a low level.

Pestilance seems overpowered since it works with every wepon and adds massive ammounts of poison damage and attack rating for such a low level. and this is without sinergies.
------------------------------------------------------------

Character Familiars.
Amazon=Valkery
Assassin=Shadow*
Barberian=Finger Mage/Wolf/Bear/Vulture/Claw Viper
Druid=ThornedHulk/Wolf/Willowisp
Necromancer=Oblivion Knight/Wraith/Vampire
Paladin=Zakarum Zealot/Priest
Sorcerice=Finger Mage/Frozen Horror/Bat Demon

Each of these Familiars have something to do with the diablo 2 history. now tell me.. is this mod supposed to be a completely new game or a highly improved verson of Diablo 2?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon's abilities should be based around Zerae...

Assassin Skills should be somewhat more Anti-Spellcaster...

Barberian Abilities should be based on the tribe abilities...

Druid skills seem fine...

Necromancer poison skills need some fine tuning...

Paladin skills also need fine tuning...

Sorc Skills seem fine...
---------------------------------------------------------

If you need a refreasher on the Diablo 2 History see the link below
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/classes/
Wow... Sounds alot like School again....

AzN0MN1P073N7

Post by AzN0MN1P073N7 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:23 am

[quote=alt32768";p="200482"]Here are some my ideas for skills.

Change required level
Change all "Mastery" skills required level to 45 or 50 (for Nightmare games)
And all "Pierce" skills, to 65 or 70 (for Hell games)
Too strong for a normal level, I thought. And, thus, it is good. Change required level 12 to 15, 18 to 25, 24 to 35, 30 to 45.

Treasure Hunting
Change the attributes "Passive" to "Aura". Because of owe the risk (fought easily or the treasure obtained).
So you might raise the rate a little more (+10% to start, +10-15% per level). It is so, and it is also good to lower the defense/resistances when it's effective.

Find Potion skill for all classes
It's necessary to speak another idea of me...
I thought that I always obtained the potion easily. The cause is a too high drop rate (not only your mod but almost all mod). So I'm free to use skills. Moreover, I'm not worry about life also.
The solution is greatly lower the probability of dropping the potion. Then we need Find Potion skill! I suppose, 7-8% at level 1, +1% per level. Too low? Hmmm I don't think so...
Or, the enemies NEVER drops any potion (getting only from the merchant or the treasure box ). In this case, "Find Potion" skill becomes unnecessary. I wanna recommend this idea.
Now, How to earn gold? Selling picked items, or/and open the chest, break the barrel diligently to getting gold!
Yes, enhances the value of gold is one of my intention. The value of money is low in almost all mod.
However, it becomes MASOCHIST MOD if it does too much. Balancing is important. But it should be difficult to some degree.

By the way, here's some ideas for new skill

Sorceress:
+Stone Curse (like Diablo1. high mana cost)

Paladin:
+Summon angel to fight with demons. It's not to mean the angel fight by sword. Maybe he will cast a spell. Maybe... earthquake, armageddon, apocalypse... Of course, the angel is invincible and time-limited-summonning. Fortunately you've already got the graphics material, "Tyrael"!

Any classes:
+Random elemental attack/magic (yes, it doesn't clear until using it. possible? )
+Reduce vendor's price passive skill (some other mod already achieved it)
+Teleport the enemy to random place when attack (useless...?)

Amazon:
+Boundable magic arrow (like pinball). Hmmm... is it too strong?

Sorry... not many good ideas.[/quote]

Mastery seems fine where it is Peirce Should be changed, also should have higher -resist. Treasure hunting i think shouldnt have been implimented. Stone Curse... i havent thought about that in... years! hell ya... but should only slow players on pvp by about 20%

Tyriel for Paladin Familiar? all the abilitys you named seem to be 'end of the world' things. and no Tyriel wont work seeing as to how he always faces one direction... all he does is float and stand there. that wouldnt look very good

Reduce Vendor Prices = Haggle

Teleport when striking/struck people HATE THIS!! all it does is teleport you where your mouse is..

*edit* Tyriel is an arch-angel and didnt you pay attention the first time you played through diablo 2? Tyriel wasnt supposed to intervein! i dont think many other Arch-Angels would do so. Invincible?? that seems kinda cheep for pvp... all any noob would have to do is lure that boss back to town and keep summoning that angel...
Last edited by AzN0MN1P073N7 on Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:27 am

Mod feedback is rather useless, when the modmaker has left the game and nobody is working on any new versions. We keep these forums open in Unsupported Mods (hint: unsupported) so players can talk to each other about the mod and how they have solved specific challenges. But detailed bug reports or feedback about mod features won't have any result.

It is possible the modmaker might return, but that has happened very rarely in general. Nezeramontias is a special case, and is in Unsupported Mods only at the modmaker's request.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

AzN0MN1P073N7

Post by AzN0MN1P073N7 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:00 am

hmm.. i didnt notice that... i thought otherwise when i saw the screenshot for Underkill on planetdiablo...

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:26 pm

It looks like he last updated his site in April 2005. He also wrote then, "I was in the process of releasing a very extensive patch before my computer exploded and drained my modding spirit." I guess his modding spirit drained completely away.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Underkill”