Hades Cubaholics-Extended mod Beta1 release(Dec 29,2004)

Information and discussion for the Cubaholics mod. If you have any questions regarding the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Hades Cubaholics-Extended mod Beta1 release(Dec 29,2004)

Post by Hades » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:06 am

This post is to announce the first beta release of the cubaholics-extended mod.Just a trial run for this version to test it out and see how it goes.
This mod is now in MPQ format which makes it easier for alot of people and for mac user's. ;) The read me file lists the addition's but I'll list em here too.The read me also lists what else is going to be implemented in next version so read up and see how the stuff I have planned.
This version is about 110 MB'S or so in size btw.

1-First of all the obvious MPQ format woohooo
2-A tonne of new monster graphic's,thnx to Infinitum,awesome work guys
3-gloves,boots can now be socketed
4-new recipe to make set's is in this one
5-some places have Boss monster's and some nasty stuff
6-Gems have been redone for more fun
7-Countess tower is overun with moo moo's
8-stash is a little bigger but better coming soon

Anyways there's a brief overlook of it but it's only the beginning heh heh....lots more to come'I'll post more info in the forum tomorrow all...
nuff said
Hades

Link here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... dBeta1.zip
Last edited by Hades on Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

HashCasper

Re: Hades Cubaholics-Extended mod Beta1 release(Dec 29,2004)

Post by HashCasper » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:45 am

With all due respect, maybe you should concentrate on Quality, rather than quantity.

Hades Boss mod
Hades Super boss mod
Hades Underworld mod
and now this...

All in all how many crap mods can we expect from you?
I say put your time and effort in the Underworld Mod, something that is even worth the download, and not the same monotonous {filtered} in every other mod you produce.

Once again, please understand where I am coming from, and do not take offence to this.

Sincerely,

Hash
Last edited by HashCasper on Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

Modmaker
Champion of the Light

Post by Modmaker » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:07 am

I feel the same too.

I was kind of bummed to see the mod so big (110 MB :-| ) as I have dial-up.

And I thought this mod was about the cube and cubing and when I look at the features there is only 1 cube recipe in there.

I feel you are trying to add animations because you can and I don't see the point of new animations in a mod based around the cube. I see the point in a few but nothing that would take the mod to 110 MB.

I also feel that you have mixed the mods making them not feel unique anymore.

I like HashCasper, mean no offence, and am just offering feedback.

Modmaker
Last edited by Modmaker on Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:15 am

[quote=HashCasper";p="205882"]
All in all how many crap mods can we expect from you?
[/quote]

HashCasper, even if you mean no offence, it sounds like this. Please, find another (more polite) way to criticize a mod when you don't like it. Your message is not critic, it doesn't contain the features that you don't like or your suggestions, it's simply flaming. Hades has the rights to work on as many mods as he wants, implement whatever features he likes and you're not bound to play them.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:36 pm

[quote=Modmaker";p="205886"]I feel you are trying to add animations because you can and I don't see the point of new animations in a mod based around the cube. I see the point in a few but nothing that would take the mod to 110 MB.[/quote]
I was under the impression that the new animations were cube-induced morphs which was one of the core (and quite popular) features in my own later versions of Cubaholics so in reality it's more an evolution than "let's just throw in whatever" but that's just my :2c:
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:38 am

Actually Phrozen is ,as usual going along the right path.Yes these new animation's are here for a reason which will be made clearer next version later on.I was kind of hoping to have almost,if not all of the animation's as morphing possibilities.So you would be able to be countless new morphed guy's,monster's etc.
And onyx,thnx bud,nice words,appreciate it. ;) That's all I'm saying about whatever was going on there...
This version was for everyone to get used to some of the new stuff but also to look at all the new animation's and to get a feel for the new morphing stuff coming up....Hmm who to choose to be from all those animation's heh heh.
I kind of had an idea about using another of the Boss's idea's about some new item's using the morphing capabilities as well.But I'm still testing it out right now.
Was actually expecting some response ,such as "I would like to morph into that guy,or that guy" and so on.The response I received was ,well quite unexpected.Never said I was trying to cure cancer'or end world famine,just making mods to have FUN.That's it,and I like modding,and respect other modder's contribution's,and other aspiring modder's.So I kind of would like the same in return.Thnx.
Nuff said
Hades

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:56 am

I had no malicious intent, and I like Hades, and Onyx is 100% correct, Hades has the right to do as he pleases.

Also I apologize for the "flame", if you wish to call it that. I simply see no point in producing mod after mod, where the same things are being done over and over. I understand your mod concept behind this, but I still feel as if you should implement these changes in your Underworld mod, themed out with the story line and everything. But if putting out more mods than anyone else floats your boat, then so be it. To each his own, I do however would like to give my two cents on the matter, wether you like it or not, or happen to agree with me or not, and I mean this with absolutely no disrespect at all.

You can add these morphing features to your Underworld mod, and take it to a new level. You have descent skills in modding, and I hate to see them go to waste over mod after mod.

Once again, I meant absolutely NO disrespect. I still, however, feel that you should perhaps concentrate on quality, rather than quantity, and as a just a user/player, these are my mere opinions. You have to right to do as you please, no questions about that, but when you do, you should be prepared to accept unexpected comments.

There are NO 'perfect' or 'best' mod, and you cannot please everyone, I understand that, and everything is a matter of opinion, and revolves around relativism, but there are certian absolutes in this world, and as the wise men have always said from the beginning of time, Quality is more important than Quantity. There are however, extenuating circumstances, where brute force and quantity apply, but I don't think they apply to modding Diablo II. You mod for fun, and I cannot down on you because of that, and never have I even tried to. Have fun brother, do what you have to, but please try and do keep all I said in mind when you do.

I mean all this as constructive criticism, but I am not responsible for others' perception. You can take it as a flame, or an honest opinion, that is your choice.
Last edited by HashCasper on Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We have a point to work to, to make our nation huge; make our home stretch around the world, increase our army too. We must take over the world, make it our own, the Earth we must control, so you can't F#CK it anymore." --Mathew Chalk--

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:05 am

[quote=HashCasper";p="206002"]...I do however would like to give my two cents on the matter...[/quote]
Ummm...why? If it doesn't interest you, could you just keep it to yourself? Or if you feel THAT strongly just contact Hades directly rather than a public put down just because it's not your cup of tea.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:37 am

Well all I have to say is, What the heck is going on?What did I ever do to this guy?I'm actually quite confused about all of this,and frankly I dnt get it.
Being a moderator here now,I'm trying to be patient but.... :roll:

I suppose if it is really necessary I can simply move this post to the cubaholics forum if that would make everyone happy lol.But really this kind of stuff shouldn't happen in the public like this,but since it is Myhrginoc's forum to moderate,I'm just going to be polite.
later all(shakes head)
Hades

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:53 am

HashCasper, I still don't see what exactly you don't like in this currect version of Cubaholics. Have you played it at all? Or are you just in a bad mood and posting here just because?

But, in a matter of fact, your second try to criticize is way better than the first.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:08 pm

*This topic has been moved from Member Announcements to Cubaholics*

That was mainly because I was not remembering there is a cubaholics forum. Hades is right, this discussion is a feedback discussion better continued there.

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:30 pm

I have played it, and its not that I didn't like it. That has nothing to do with what I am trying to say. No I am not in a bad mood either. And also no to Hades, I havn't done anything to you, are you taking this the wrong way.

I have said what I was going to say, and I am not going to say it again. If you fail to see my point, the so be it. I can't do anything about that.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:26 am

Hmmm never said You did something to me. :roll: Just was wondering if "I" did something to offend you before lol.But otherwise bud,let's try to keep this about the version and upcoming version's ok?Try posting a new thread for idea's or comment's.I also believe I have posted info about what's coming up for recipes and morph stuff,in another thread btw.It's the sticky about extended in case you're wondering.It lists several new addition's to the next version,which will be awhile as I'm still working on morphing stuff.Hope to have a tonne more morphing when I'm done,shooting for every monster morphing ability heh heh.
That being said I get what you were saying,just don't want it to happen in that way anymore bud.Constructive criticism is fine,we all need it.

nuff said
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

marhawkman
Retired staff
Angel

Post by marhawkman » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:52 am

hmm. After reading it all three or four times I came to the conclusion that this is what he was trying to say: "You should focus on one mod. Making several gives you less quality in your work. Focus on making one really good mod."

Not that I agree with him. Just my guess as to what his point was. Personally I find that working on one (problem) mod continually wears you out and makes you wanna quit.
Last edited by marhawkman on Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently working on making an Andariel Player character.
Status of my Mod: Assimilated

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:27 am

Hades:

Saw you are going to make as many morph's as possible.

Remember that we are saddly limited to 255 rows in states.

HashCasper

Post by HashCasper » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:15 am

Its all good dude, no harm meant, no harm done. marhawkman has summarized my point quite well.

I am looking forward to this mod, and I actually like it. My point was something else altogether, I was not trying to dissuade you from making other mods, in the least bit.

:)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:14 am

Kingpin,
Hiya bud,I just saw this and it hit me like a tonne of bricks.... :cry: I forgot about the 255 limit.I suppose I'm going to have to pick out some of the better ones and go with those.Crap just when I had so many idea's for that prospect.
Well back to the drawing board,now to go through the list of perspective mods again...

btw guy's as for my working on a few mods,well my boss mods are done.I dnt plan on any more for those ones. ;) Underworld ,I have a new co modder,Marhawkman.And well this extended version of Cube.But right now I'm playing around with Pagenheart,and in between I'm working on underworld and cube.So I basically have more time to put more modding into particular ones. ;)
Besides my mods have been well taken and I like working on more than one project...
nuff said
Hades

N.W.A

Post by N.W.A » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:29 am

heck all your mods are awesome and i loved playing them all till i made my mind up to make one on my own anyways keep up the awesome work love the monster graphics ...
Lie Together Cry Together I Swear To God I Hope We Die Together
No Escape From The Fate That Awaits

Return to “Cubaholics”