[FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.995b Comments

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:41 pm

boldie: Did you have "slain monsters rest in peace" when you faced the hellshrooms? Their main strength is the fast way they get raised, which they cannot be if you have that mod on your gear. If you don't have it, look for a religious scripture (I believe), which always comes with that mod on it. It makes level 1 a whole lot easier.

btw, a question for some of you: I get the idea that there is something wrong with my installation, as everywhere I look I see people saying tha rabies deals it's damage over 10+ seconds, while mine (at level 20) is still stuck at 4 seconds (not that this is bad, mind you). I was wondering if anyone else has the same or has it different. I can't cross-reference with the arreat summit anymore because that's all 1.11 information.

Farseer Ulthrion

boldie
Paladin

Post by boldie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:16 pm

no but i freeze on hit so they all die with no body left so none are actually revived, its just their physical strangh, i can take on countless enemies on lvls 2 - 6 without even using a weapon but hellshrooms kik my ass for some reason :-| well its np, ive moved on to nightmare so i wont be visiting underdark untill i complete that :) i use a double handed weapon so i cant use the scriptures.

a queastion by me 2, can you 'temper' with runes or familiars? or set items?
victormink@msn.com

"there is no spoone" - the matricks

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:48 pm

As far as I know, you can only temper magical (blue) equipment, so no set, unique, runewords, or charms can be tempered.

You can temper mechanic's, artisan's or jeweller's magical items which have sockets, although that might be removed in the next version. You can add runes you want in those sockets then (although be warned: the level requirement goes up quite a bit with runes/gems in the sockets).

As for the scripture: you might need it at some point (nightmare underdark, for instance) when the freezing doesn't always shatter the corpses anymore. Just make sure that you have a decent single handed weapon available then (although with Plugy, you can horde just about anything anyway ;)). Sometimes you have to adjust your equipment to the circumstances. Although there is always the chance that you've found a decent slain moster rest in peace item by then.

Farseer Ulthrion

boldie
Paladin

Post by boldie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:25 pm

i doubt ill be tempering with anything untill i find a decent set, so i know what items ill be needing, well that sucks, i would of been nice to have an uber charm :D
well i have the nicest single weapon ever, its this unique throwing blade which has 100% open wounds :cool: it god damn kiks ass, sometimes ;)

Boldie
victormink@msn.com

chipmanr
Paladin

Re: [FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.995b Comments

Post by chipmanr » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:42 pm

Hmm, if I recall correctly (been a few months since I've played D2), one of the runes is RIP, which can be added to a socketed helm or something, then no matter what weapon you use, no resurrect.
Made with 100% meat by-products.

Invisible Queen
Paladin

Post by Invisible Queen » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:01 pm

Maybe this is old news, but I noticed when I tried to figure out what weapons the Act 3 mercs use, everything I put in the weapon slot vanished from the game. Expensive experiments, heh. . .
"Just close your eyes and you won't see it."

boldie
Paladin

Post by boldie » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:50 pm

i found i lost a rather nice unique experimenting too.... well i believe only certain one handed swords can be used on them.

complete set : An Evil force
all set items names have 'lauranas' written all over?
Last edited by boldie on Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
victormink@msn.com

Invisible Queen
Paladin

Post by Invisible Queen » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:06 am

I'm sure it can't have escaped anyone's notice, but I found out if you level up by an experience potion you don't gain a level, and can never gain another level, basically ruining the character. Maybe it's intentional to keep you from just sitting at home drinking experience potions? Heh.

chipmanr
Paladin

Post by chipmanr » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:40 pm

If an exp pot puts you over the xp needed to level, you won't level, until you gain at least 1 xp from normal means, e.g. killing something. So, if you had a pile of them and used them to go up a few levels, you'd get those levels after the first monster kill.
Made with 100% meat by-products.

Invisible Queen
Paladin

Post by Invisible Queen » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:51 pm

Oh, silly me. I'll just. . . keep playing then. ^_^

boldie
Paladin

Post by boldie » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:43 pm

world event, does it still occur in this mod?
victormink@msn.com

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:49 pm

No it has been disabled.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

boldie
Paladin

Post by boldie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:34 pm

damn, is it not gonne be enabled in a later patch or will it be gone forever 8-O
victormink@msn.com

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:12 pm

Just screw with the ini files and turn it back on then ;)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:44 am

I've found an Evil force set tulwar and an Evil force set ring in the last couple of days, but I noticed you've upgraded from hiatus to retirement, so are you out for good or is there a remote chance of this mod getting looked after again? :(
Last edited by cc on Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:02 am

[quote=cc";p="277358"]I've found an Evil force set tulwar and an Evil force set ring in the last couple of days, but I noticed you've upgraded from hiatus to retirement, so are you out for good or is there a remote chance of this mod getting looked after again? :([/quote]
I honestly don't know so don't hold your breath :-|
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:12 pm

During September I had 3 weeks where I had no internet connection, and tons of time. So to keep myself occupied, after having to re-do my puter thanks to problems caused by my now ex-fiancee and our then border, I re-installed LOD (had previously downloaded and saved the install file for 1.10 patch), and started playing Pagan Heart again. This time I used an amazon. :) Believe it or not, I didn't die until I was on level 7 of the Underdark, AFTER I completed normal in full. Cripes with my barbarian before, I died 3 times before I finished off Blood Raven. :mrgreen: Love the amazon's poison javalin and plague javalin. :lol:

Return to “Pagan Heart”