Plugy Help

Discuss applications of D2Mod (v1.10), NefEx (v1.11+), and PlugY, and post suggestions for future plugins.

Moderators: Nefarius, Yohann, SVR

LGreymark

Plugy Help

Post by LGreymark » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:33 am

Hi... new here

I understand that this probably isn't the right place to be posting this but after a cursory (and somewhat rushed) inspection I didn't find a better place for it. As you can imagine I'm having some issues with Plugy, I've gone through the installation and uninstallation process of both diablo and plugy several times. The first time I tried it it worked no problem. Then I tried to add d2se to the mix and everything went horribly wrong. After that I've tried to install plugy on fresh installations of diablo 2 lod 1.12a multiple times but since the issues I had I've never actually been able to get it to run. I set it to compatibility win7, give admin access point the .ini at D2MultiRes.dll (which is the entire reason I'm using plugy), I double check that I have all four relevant d2multires files (including the basically neutral text file) and double click on my plugy to run it. It asks for admin privelige then does nothing, no task manager process, no load screen, nothing.

Needless to say I'm getting a little desperate.

Any help welcome

PS: I should add the caveats that while I'm rather experienced with modding (both the creation and usage of) in general, this is the first time I've attempted to mod D2, and I was experimenting with what mods I could use that first time around. I don't want or need d2se, I was just poking around with it. Really all I want (at least for starters) is widescreen play as the tiny box makes my eyes hurt >.>

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Re: Plugy Help

Post by Lurix » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:34 pm

As I assume, that the best solution in your case is to have all you want.
I`d suggest you to install a clean copy of Diablo II, and then install D2SE, as it comes with PlugY.
You don`t need to install PlugY, before or after installing D2SE.

LGreymark

Post by LGreymark » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:13 am

I've done that now. Here's a timeline for the sake of convienience

Install diablo 2 + lod, patch to 1.12
Install plugy
add d2multires
Works fine

Adds d2se works fine, doesn't load multi res
adds d2 rework mod, works fine, no multi res
uninstall rework mod, everything inexplicably breaks

uninstall everything to start from scratch

install diablo 2 + lod +1.12 patch
install plugy + d2multires, game fails to load at all
uninstall everything to start from scratch

repeat those last few steps about four times using different patchers and loaders

install diablo 2 + lod + 1.12 patch
install plugy doesn't work
install d2se doesn't work
uninstall to start fresh

Current state: Can run diablo2 + lod + 1.12 but no mods of any kind are loading on my system

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:07 am

Install Diablo 2
Patch to 1.13C
Put a Mod into MODS Folder
(If it doesn't have, put a D2SE_Setup.ini in that folder)
Change D2SE_Setup.ini to fit your behaviors (allow/enable Plugy)
Put Plugy.ini into the MOD Folder (from latest Plugy version)
Edit Plugy.ini and add D2Multires.
Start Game!

If D2SE not sorking right now, try to change the video mode due to lack of compatibility with D2Multires.

LGreymark

Post by LGreymark » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:32 am

Fwark, ended up doing a factory reset in the end. Everything is working fine now. There must have been something going on in the registries. >.> Thanks for the attempted help

Return to “PlugY|NefEx|D2Mod”