Thoughts and Suggestions

Information and updates for the "Battle for Elements" mod by TrueMage. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: TrueMage

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Thoughts and Suggestions

Post by Doub » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:31 pm

So i am currently lvl 8.
This mod reminds me a little bit of The Hell (diablo 1 mod) which is only good !

What i like:
1)The fact that you run out of stamina very easily. This simply means that stamina has actual gameplay value. so GJ !
And speed isnt very high so there is still room to build on speed.

2)You can cube lower lvl pots to create higher lvl pots ! just awesome!

(im still lvl 8 but im sure there are more things worth mentioning)

What i dislike:
1)As with every mod i play, i higly dislike the fact that in order to advance in skills u need to learn the previous ones like in vanilla. I honestly consider this a very bad game design thats just forces u to waste some points on skills u dont want and doesnt offer anything at all.

What i suggest
1) As i said i dislike the fact that u need to learn skill X to advance to skill Y thats why my first suggestion is to remove that kind of limiation :)

2) You can give more value to stats. What do i mean? For example in The Midlands mod 1 point to STR = 1 damage. This gives STR a lot of value.
To balance it and make the rest of the attributes valueable as well you can make VIT increase HP by 10. MP by 10.
So basically stats WILL play a crucial role not just on what weapons u can wield based on your stats but also on the actual stats themselves. If you think 5 points per lvl are too many u can reduce is to 2 or 3, hell, you can even increase it, it all depends on how u want to balance the game.
The point of this suggestion is to give a true meaning to stats and make them a big part of the class build.

Something worth mentioning is that you can give each class different amount of benefits from attributes. For example, each point to STR can give Barb 1 damage but to a class like druid can give only 0.3 damage. This will be done with the idea to differenciate classes so that they dont feel and play the same.
(note that the numbers i gave are pure examples, for example you can make Barb take 3 dmg per STR point, if thats how your game will be balanced)

3)You could give the game more dark atmosphere, like The Black Parade (abandoned mod) does. It will fit with the meaningful and challening mod of yours.

4)You could give bonuses and penalties for weapon wielding to classes based on their lore (their history, background etc).
For example, you can make Barb very bad with Bows/Crossbows and when he equips bow/crossbow his attack speed and chance to hit drops by 70%.
You can give barb bonus on wielding axes, swords, throwing axes and polearms. The differences themselves could differ from weapon to weapon to make it more interesting and in depth.

5)A crazy suggestion !!! Every thought of making auto attacks cost stamina?? This could add a whole another lvl of depth to the mod.

I know that what i suggest requires an overhaul on the balance (time and effort) so its not something easy but well... I felt like sharing my thoughts and suggestions :)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Re: Thoughts and Suggestions

Post by prodigypm » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:49 pm

1.Synergies was and still is a part of Diablo , its a good thing.You dont get to choose your imba skills without investing atleast 1 point.It makes sense.
2.STR always gives 1 damage on barbs ... just like vit gives more life to barbs and etc etc.Druid is a caster remember that ... shapeshifting sucks in all aspects.Anyway if you are not new you should probably know that str is only used for gear requirements , most of builds dump all points in vit with some rare exceptions.
3.Dark parade is so dark i can see the legs of my char , but i guess that would make light radius more useful in early game.
4.???
5.Thats actually got thru my mind a couple of times.Since your character gets tired not only from walking but from fighting too.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:05 pm

@prod
I am suggesting things, i know how things work in vanilla and i dont care about vanilla ! This is not vanilla, its a mod and i think u read the title of this topic. So please dont comment things such as: str is used for gear requirements, isnt there more obvious thing to say? you become annoying.
If TrueMage reads what i write and he doesnt like the suggestion thats another story. You are not TrueMage.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:08 pm

I read the docs but u dont say what Luck and Endurance do. You only mention that they are new stats and are important. But the question still remains. what do they do?:D

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Doub" wrote:@prod
I am suggesting things, i know how things work in vanilla and i dont care about vanilla ! This is not vanilla, its a mod and i think u read the title of this topic. So please dont comment things such as: str is used for gear requirements, isnt there more obvious thing to say? you become annoying.
If TrueMage reads what i write and he doesnt like the suggestion thats another story. You are not TrueMage.
Statements and posts like these made me stop posting here for almost a year.I dont get how you call this a forum,when you comment on something and give your opinion is it wrong to comment back? Im not being offensive or something nor neglecting your ideas.Nor Im pretenting to be modder - I dont have the knowledge to be one.Well ok then if thats how is gonna be.Never happened to have any problems anywhere else,maybe some people in these forums hate when you tell them your opinion.Wow the moral of the story is - you are a total b*tch if your opinion is slightly different.

Anyway we are far offtopic.Back on it.

If you looked closer and tried to google "BFE Endurance" - This was probably the first result.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:32 pm

@prod

At your second reply u went totally off.
You talk about how you think things are in vanilla or in BFE (im not sure either) but that has nothing to do with my suggetion. You say: for most builds u just increase VIT, Str always gives Barb 1 dmg (really?) and again that has nothing to do with what i suggested. I dont ask tips on how to build classes.... i just make a suggestion.
Even if my english was bad and u didnt understand what exactly i suggested, you still understand that what i do is to suggest something, i DONT ask obvious explanations such as: Barb gets more VIT per point than Necro..
Honestly, Sorry if i am being harsh.. but i think u intentionally give this kind of replies to make others look like fools and u the all-known one.

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Xibalba » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:33 am

Doub, you just did the same thing on median forums and got banned. i know where this discussion is going. So I think you should stop reviewing mods at early levels (for some time), just take your time and play a bit. Sharing your experience is good for the modders but, dont start arguing with others when they share their own opinions and tell how they didnt like your ideas. Have fun!
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Hodor

Post by Hodor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Nezermontias mod has the feature that you don't need to have previous skills to unlock new skills, it has some other interesting mechanic (some skills require 2 or 3 skill points to increase etc)

Eastern sun mod and i think the french realm of shadow mod has the feature that points in energy increase your damage with elements. Eastern sun for example increases fire cold lightning poison magic wind and damage by summoned minions by 1% every few points put into magic and adds +1 damage for every 4 points in dex and str (2 points for 2 handed weapons). SO builds arn't just str for gear, test in vitality except if using shield then dex for max block...

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Xibalba" wrote:Doub, you just did the same thing on median forums and got banned. i know where this discussion is going. So I think you should stop reviewing mods at early levels (for some time), just take your time and play a bit. Sharing your experience is good for the modders but, dont start arguing with others when they share their own opinions and tell how they didnt like your ideas. Have fun!
You are totally off topic just like Prod. did on the second part and im not going to stop sharing my thoughts and suggestions because of a few ppl that think they know everything and they think they are always right.
Arguing? Prod's reply was simply insulting, so i am not the one that start the {filtered}. If you are going to comment something on a suggestion then be on topic and try to be respectful and sensible instead of trying to degrade and humiliate what others suggest cause u yourself dont like the suggestion.
Its only normal for ppl to get angry when u insult their understanding, as if i am a retard and i dont understand his tone.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Hodor" wrote:Nezermontias mod has the feature that you don't need to have previous skills to unlock new skills, it has some other interesting mechanic (some skills require 2 or 3 skill points to increase etc)

Eastern sun mod and i think the french realm of shadow mod has the feature that points in energy increase your damage with elements. Eastern sun for example increases fire cold lightning poison magic wind and damage by summoned minions by 1% every few points put into magic and adds +1 damage for every 4 points in dex and str (2 points for 2 handed weapons). SO builds arn't just str for gear, test in vitality except if using shield then dex for max block...
Another one off topic... WHAT has Nezer. or ES to do with BFE :?: whats wrong with u ppl?
Your reply is insulting as well. Because even if my feedback on BFE is inaccurate, you still dont let me know where i am not being accurate regarding BFE, you dont tell me on which part my understanding of the mechanics on BFE is wrong, instead what you do is to tell me to gtfo if i dont like the mod and play ES. Nez. etc etc. So, who is the rude one here?

Can we communicate plz :?:

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:08 pm

And because im smart enough i know that some pathetic ppl from Median forums will follow me here as well to "try to make my life harder" or {filtered} me off. Thats how pathetic those ppl are and they have a need to feel important cause they have nothing else in life.
Ignore List will do the work for me though so NP.

Hodor

Post by Hodor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Wow... Just saw your complaint in your OP "As with every mod i play, i higly dislike the fact that in order to advance in skills u need to learn the previous ones like in vanilla" and was trying to give you info. Geez nobody is trying to put you down or behave superior

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 am

I use to review some of the mods here , saying mean things that I think about them
(probably because I didnt understand many things about the community back then).I was wrong some time , I admit it , but not because I wanted the mod to change , but to be updated aka. I wanted more.Suggestions for a total conversion - which is totally what you said indirectly is what is going to happen if the modder looks serious to your stuff.And its not even a new mod like Xaphans , where you can give him a basic thought on whats bad or whats good for you personally , before the mod is in his almost final stage.BFE was on 1.51 for a very long time (that is not a bad thing actually since this mod is so supreme I can describe it good enough - By the way the new version rocks).Anyways if not in my words , that are not that harsh or offensive you can listen to others.And since Im mister "Know it all" by your standarts - thanks for the compliment but I suggest before trying to offend me to complete half of the mods I did on hell or hardcore dear.Then I could take your words seriously.And since you are not a modder that actually "creates" content I cant take serious that you make such uncalled remarks on me.

@Hodor now Ill behave superior because thats what he actually called me out on.

I wish you the best and be more polite to people and if you dont want anyone to comment on your threads , just give the modder a private message with extra details.

#gettingoutofthisjoint

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:27 pm

Prodigy and all the rest,stop trying to bring sense to somebody who does not want it...I had a couple of run ins with this one and he is bad trust me...

Quoted from Doub:
And because im smart enough

(smart people dont go telling others they are smart,they prove it thru discussion)

Also Doub,you should remind yourself of the rules of posting on these forums,we would not want you to get banned here too now do we???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:45 am

Nah im not going to be banned kiddo. The only ppl that deserve to be banned are ppl like you Lucifer666. You have too much nerve to even say what u say. You are one of the most rude and negative ppl on this forum which goes against the first rules of the forum i guess.
You made that reply just to keep the spam on this topic? really?... you are simply an awful member.
Anyway, you just lost whatever value u had left by threatening me. Welcome to ignore list.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:53 am

Doub" wrote:Nah im not going to be banned kiddo. The only ppl that deserve to be banned are ppl like you Lucifer666. You have too much nerve to even say what u say. You are one of the most rude and negative ppl on this forum which goes against the first rules of the forum i guess.
You made that reply just to keep the spam on this topic? really?... you are simply an awful member.
Anyway, you just lost whatever value u had left by threatening me. Welcome to ignore list.
Oh damn , you provocative prick.You and your gigantic ego , stop it already.Begone.I have enough people in my real life ignore list like you.But in here when I click on new posts I have to see your brain diarrhea or damage , choose one.Dont you ever make me be so direct to you again , leave people alone already.

When 4 people in this forum are making remarks on you , I think you should reconsider some things.If you dont wanna do that you probably have problems in the society aswell.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:21 pm

WOW

8-O I...I am...so shocked... 8-O

:cry: dying of shame :cry:

but all joking aside i realy must say...

:twisted: see what i mean with my first post... :twisted:
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

enehy

Post by enehy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:13 am

hy
can anyone help me by sending nez 108 mod?
my archive is broken, it says it cant read the mpq file, so i ve lost it, and i love this mod

Daniel_

Post by Daniel_ » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:08 am

What i dislike:
1)As with every mod i play, i higly dislike the fact that in order to advance in skills u need to learn the previous ones like in vanilla. I honestly consider this a very bad game design thats just forces u to waste some points on skills u dont want and doesnt offer anything at all.

What i suggest
1) As i said i dislike the fact that u need to learn skill X to advance to skill Y thats why my first suggestion is to remove that kind of limiation :)
Did you ever even slightly consider that following skills are balanced around that? I really don't get that feedback, at least presenting it as a crucial one.. for named reason. Each skill you get later is severely stronger, it's almost 100% strict throughout diablo, so the devs were not stupid. If anything do it like another mod, reduce the max skilllevel of a later skill (median) - this is considering they are starting stronger since there are preskills so they have a better max strength comparison (for the same skillpoints). The tree also has several reasons of why it was implemented back then.. which were all very good. But that would go too much into detail. Afterall balance goes about whole builds and the way to get a skill is included in the balance... Just because it's modern and quite comfortable doesn't already mean it's better, you really make it sound that way (too self confident). Please don't be so gullible. You should not blindly assume new things are better. The game d2 really has alot of "hidden" background and reasoning for being so successful.

Return to “Battle for Elements”