Newb help, please

Information and updates for the "Battle for Elements" mod by TrueMage. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: TrueMage

timmermac
Paladin
United States of America

Newb help, please

Post by timmermac » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:41 pm

I started playing this mod recently, using the D2SE plugin for it. I need help figuring out how to deal with the monsters in the first mystery cave that you enter from the Blood Moor. I always play a bowazon, so tips for that would be helpful. My main problem is the super-quillrats with the glowing aura underneath that spawn in that cave. They routinely monkeystomp me into a quivering pile of goo.
I'd like to apologize in advance for anything that I may say or do that could be construed as offensive as I slowly go NUTS. - Colonel O'Neill

I'm telling you, Teal'c. If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna' lose it.
"Lose it. " It means, "Go crazy. " "Nuts. " "Insane. " "Bonzo. " "No longer in possession of one's faculties. " "Three fries short of a Happy Meal. " "Wacko. "

Dread2077

Re: Newb help, please

Post by Dread2077 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:03 pm

I hear ya and feel your pain i play soc's my self and them mobs eat me..try a necro..i did and my pets kick the {filtered} out of them easy..i no its not the class you want to play but it will make short work of them ....hope this helps .

lyrikdis

Post by lyrikdis » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:23 pm

i usually play necro had no problems hahaha

dnaiel

Post by dnaiel » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:27 pm

level up a bit - im playing a palidin and i got my ass whooped first time i entered but I did a few levels and then tried again and it wasnt so bad!

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:51 pm

The Mystery caves are designed for the 6th Quest
And bowazon is an excelent hero man ;)
If you need some help just right me a pm , or read my build.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:48 pm

timmermac" wrote:I started playing this mod recently, using the D2SE plugin for it. I need help figuring out how to deal with the monsters in the first mystery cave that you enter from the Blood Moor. I always play a bowazon, so tips for that would be helpful. My main problem is the super-quillrats with the glowing aura underneath that spawn in that cave. They routinely monkeystomp me into a quivering pile of goo.
that is normal with every character i guess. Me too i had alot of problems aganist those, sadly bowzon is good after get her a decent level and when get a nice support abilities. The answer to your question is simple anyway. Level untill level 8 and get a javelin merc. then play smart and stay behind her or hide untill she don't clean the mob group. is an effective tactic even aganist those nasty bear since if you kill them they put a volcano under your As* and prolly is game over (still have to move around alot becaiuse merc need to be near but not near near since volcano have a bit area of damage). Ofc drink boost potion and farming the emotion for increase the dextery (and the defense since are connected) on fav charm is alwais a good idea.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 pm

bowazon is one of the fastest char to develop:) just increase you dmg and armor + lil bit crit and some potions will do the job

If this sound too complicated - buy some booster potions from Akara and you will be able to run then with no problem :)

Cheers,
Prodigy
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Return to “Battle for Elements”