Ask the Experts

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Ask the Experts

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:19 pm

From my knowlegde aura´s of one type can´t be stacked. Only the highest will be active. The only way to stack an aura on equip is either having aura´s with the same lvl, aka lvl 10 holy fire aura when equipped will add up only with another +10 holy fire aura when equipped, but not with lvl9, 11 or any other. That should be what thepsycho2 was referring to. And the other way is to create different aura skills which look like one, but aren´t. What has been done in ES for Holy Fire, Holy Freeze and Holy Shock. We have 5 variations of those, Paladin Skill, Weapon, Torso, Shield and Helmet. Those can be used at the same time, but wont add up. Means we can have a lvl 10 Holy Shock aura with our Armor and another lvl 15 Holy Shock from our Paladin Skill active at the same time.

Cheers
AlphA

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:49 am

I know what Psycho said,but the PROTECT AURAS are exception to this rule is what I said...try it if you don't believe me...The only auras that will NEVER stack are the DAMAGING AURAS...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:20 pm

Thats´s what I said too:D. I just summend it up for D2 in general. Also explained why those Holy Aura´s won´t stack in ES. Sorry for confusing you.

Question: Elemental Masteries dont work via Damage Argumenter, but still if I convert a Shield to a Merc Shield and get +1 to those it won´t show in the damagescreen. (+plain Fire Damage on Act5 Merc). How´s that? Also making Skills like Iron Skin work via Damage Argumenter disable them for Merc Equipment.

Cheers
AlphA

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Doh. I should've clarified that the "pulses" I was referring to were the damage auras (Holy Fire/Shock/Freeze, Protection From Evil).
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Yo Psycho,you run in on a Laptop right??? Tell me,ho suicidal it is to go without wireless mouse in HC??? Or is it possible at all to play this game without it???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

bigheadnoteeth

Post by bigheadnoteeth » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Hello,

Some dumb questions to follow, I'm new to the ES mod.

1) So yesterday I tried the 3 unique to set conversion, but nothing happened. I'll take you through my process in case I've screwed it up somehow. I gambled a lot of Katars in order to get Death's 1-handed set weapon. I got 3 uniques instead, all three of them turned out to be Ghoul's Touch Katar and therefore are the same base item type. I put these 3 unique Katars in the cube, hit transmute and... noting happened. AT. ALL. Tried different position of the items in the cube, I tried it with 3 other unique items - Tavern's Blade Saber. Still nothing.

Am I missing out on some crucial detail or input material in the cube?

2) Does the 7 magic items transmuted into 1 rare item work for charms as well? I've tried that with small charms, large charms and grand charms and it doesn't seem to be working. Is this intended or am I bugging out for some unknown reason?

Once again sry for the dumb questions. I'd appreciate any help :)

Edit.: Found out that I need a Secret recepie 27 and 30 for charms and jewels respectively.

interdinghy

Post by interdinghy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:04 pm

I'm going to start playing this game again with some friends, but I'm in a weird situation.

I played this game a long time ago (long enough ago that I've forgotten almost everything about it), but I still have an enormous pile of gear/gold. When I play with them though, I don't want to just twink them, I still want them to have the fun of finding/looting, since that's a pretty big part of D2.

tl;dr: I'm looking for a build to play along with them that maximizes gold find but that is still survivable, at least through NM if possible. This would've been something I could've probably done when I remembered all the uniques/runewords, but I'm at a loss now. I feel like it almost has to be a barb, since they can effectively have the most slots on them at a time, but I'm not sure.

Appreciate any advice, thanks.

Valar

v1.12 plugy issues

Post by Valar » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi guys. I'm trying the mod for the first time. I hope you can help me with something. I did everything in the sticky post and installed the v1.12.
The game runs normal, with only one issue. I only got one stash page. I tried to change some options in plugy.ini with no luck whatsoever.
Can anyone help me solve this problem?
Thanks

pekoe

Post by pekoe » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:42 pm

try looking through some of the posts to see if anybody had same problem. I might suggest reinstalling as it seems to help with some problems.

Valar

Post by Valar » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Edit: I reinstalled D2LoD and the problem got solved.

pekoe

Post by pekoe » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:32 pm

some bugs cant be explained I think some just fixed by reinstalling. I am glad it worked for you. This is a great mod.

robizeratul

Post by robizeratul » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:13 pm

what are the breakpoints for elemental form in Druid? Does only weapon speed apply ? I want to get the highest speed possible, I have a slow axe ( 10 speed) and curios what you think. A table for each speed or something like that would be nice, I didn't find anything on the wiki.

drolnomed2

Post by drolnomed2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:59 pm

what weapon to use on a lightning sorc o.o
recently got back to the game after loosing everything due to w10 upgrade problems,and made lightsorc for the first tiem ever,to make itas a core farmer,but big problems in hell atm,no -lightres gear.

ann skelerton

Post by ann skelerton » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:12 pm

hello all. I know that the skills listed on the wiki's "wind skill damage" page work, but is the physical portion of Corpse Explosion affected by Wind Skill Damage? thanks.

edit: looks like no. I put on two rings with 200% wind skill damage each and there seemed to be zero effect.

Hodor

Post by Hodor » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:10 am

Does anyone know why the 2handed weapons are doing so much additional damage in this mod? rather why the dmaage augmentor adds so much bonus to 2 handed weapons. If you have a 1 hander and a 2 hander with the same damage stats, the 2 hander will do 35% more damage.. if you have a 2 hander which does less than a one hander when you equip the damage augmentor the you suddenly get the 2 dander doing more dmaage.. its just bizzare

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:55 am

I am 16 lvl, still in Act 1 with Barbarian.

1)Its very easy.

2)Does Barb's two-handed passive work properly? Defense bonus works but i dont see any increasement in dodge chance being displayed at stats.

3)I read the features in ES forum but still... whats good, different or unique in ES?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Try the Special area on Players 8...the cave in Tamoe...and there is more of such areas,in later difficulty even better...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:14 pm

ann skelerton" wrote:hello all. I know that the skills listed on the wiki's "wind skill damage" page work, but is the physical portion of Corpse Explosion affected by Wind Skill Damage? thanks.

edit: looks like no. I put on two rings with 200% wind skill damage each and there seemed to be zero effect.
Skills that do flat physical damage (X-Y) like Twister and Sandstorm are considered "wind damage" for energy-allocated calculations and +% To Wind Skill Damage. Thus Corpse Explosion or anything that deals % of damage as Physical do not count.
Lucifer666" wrote:Yo Psycho,you run in on a Laptop right??? Tell me,ho suicidal it is to go without wireless mouse in HC??? Or is it possible at all to play this game without it???
I've been without laptop since early 2014 when my ex destroyed it in a tantrum. I've mainly played on desktop from about 2012 on. As for trackpad, I never used it. I always used a corded or wireless mouse whenever I had the laptop with me. Being able to manipulate the cursor by mouse was more or less mandatory for me, haha.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:49 pm

heh,a couple of my chars died while i struggled without a mouse...went and bought one after i killed off my ZyEl HC char...man i sure could use one Crafting tournament...the last was a blast...

also how did that guy manage to put +200% Wind skill on RINGS??? I dare say somebody was duping the hell out of the game...and probaly changing the txts too...

I bite down hard

Wyrmfaust

Post by Wyrmfaust » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:25 am

Hey guys. I already made a topic/post about it but since no1 is answering and i saw this post i guess i better ask here and ill delete my old post.
I just finished nightmare (barely) and i wanted to ask where should i farm for better items since i just started hell and ive been having a crapton issues with immunities. Im a level 80 frost sorc and running Naj's set, Knowledge Sallet, 2 elemental Jewels for rings, Eye of the witch amulet and my other gear is basically crap (not that the current one isnt). So my main question is - what items should i go for and where.
Stats: http://puu.sh/sjHAH/0c06cd5dc1.png
PS: I started playing this mod like 2-3 weeks ago so any other info is helpful

*Edit - okay i cant delete it... Either im too blind or i just cant...

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:40 am

hey bro,

I highly recommend doing the following:

There's a cr4pton of super areas in this game that you can visit that will even reward you greatly in nightmare difficulty.

A couple that come to mind: The 3 Portals in Act 5, Lost Desert (danger it's like a cowlevel) and of course tomb level 2.

There you will find an abundance of great gear that will vastly improve your current.

Also make sure to check out the runewords and gemwords - there are some that are pretty much mandatory for higher difficulties.

About runes: You can find up to Green runes in nightmare so this should suffice.

Also: Greatly abuse the /playersx Command - it will improve your drops even more.

cheers
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:35 pm

first gold rune NO can drop in Act 5...it is not very common thou at that point,and i think i answered to his post...maybe something bugged out on my end???

I bite down hard

Maka

Post by Maka » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:24 am

Hello hello.

Straight to the point: does Zeal have the same breakpoints as vanilla LoD? Because I've seen a couple of zealot characters in the wiki that have >100% IAS, and I though: is that wasted, or am I mistaken?

I was using a calculator for LoD, and it said that I only needed 58% IAS to reach the last Zeal bp; I currently have 132% IAS on gear, plus another 25% on the weapon (plus lvl23 Fanaticism). Is that a huge waste, and should I replace some of that IAS with something actually useful?

Thanks!

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:19 am

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Tables#lbe5446a - If this is not the calculator you used , try it. Tsuru made some explainations about zeal a long time ago about the sorc zeal also you may have to search for that.Good luck on your char.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Maka

Post by Maka » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:54 pm

Thank you very much.

Now, is the IAS necessary to reach the breakpoints actually IAS or is it EIAS? Because it says I need 58 IAS, but if it means 58 EIAS, then I actually need 69 IAS on gear to reach the final breakpoint.

And one other thing: is IAS on weapon different than IAS, say, on helm? Does it do anything to my WSM? Or is it just mixed in with the rest of the IAS on gear?

Thank you.

Return to “Eastern Sun”