rerolling orb / ancient coupons

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

barryboek

rerolling orb / ancient coupons

Post by barryboek » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:17 pm

Where can I find some detailed information about the use of the rerolling orb , I figured out the use of Gheeds other bells and whistles [ great fun ] but this remains a mystery . Where can I find information about ancient coupons , can I only use them to produce ,,golden,, items , can I stack coupons [ can not find gheeds couponstacker ] ?? I hope I have not asked too many questions , but I have quickly become hooked to this mod , so I ,,need,, to know or I might have a serious burnout !!

Blinn
Forum Legend
Virtue

Re: rerolling orb / ancient coupons

Post by Blinn » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:56 pm

The rerolling orb is basically an all purpose recycling dump. Put it in your Horadric Cube, and cube it by itself over and over to see all the different kinds of items you can get out of it.

What goes in is your unwanted junk:
Magic rings, amulets, jewels, small charms, large charms, grand charms, arrows, bolts
Unique Rings and Amulets

You may want to keep it in your backpack so you can feed in junk as you find them. Just put up to 6 of the particular item in the cube with the rerolling orb, and cube it (whatever the output is doesn't matter when you are loading up the rerolling orb). For example, put 6 mixed magic rings in the cube with the rerolling orb, and when you cube it you are left with the rerolling orb and 6 magic ring points. It'll make more sense when you try it out enough.

What comes out is fresh rerolled/upgraded stuff:
For each specific output, you need to cube the rerolling orb by itself to scroll through the outputs. When you find the output item you want, read the rerolling orb to see how many points you need and any special ingredients you might need to add.

For instance, stop at "rare ring" as your output, you will see that you need 7 magic ring points. If you have over 7 points in the orb, you can get a rare ring out of it. Then it says to cube with a key to pull a rare ring out. Next it says to cube with a D-stone variant if you want a particular class ring.

So if I wanted a rare ring wearable by any class, I would throw a key in with the rerolling orb.
For an Assassin Spiral, I would throw in a Dragon Stone instead of a key.
For an Amazonian Loop, I would throw in a Spider's Silk instead of a key.

That was a long read, but I hope I covered everything you might need.

---------------------------------

http://homepage3.nifty.com/miyoshino/es ... _n.htm#rel
Ancient coupons are used for a couple things.

1. 3 of the same ones can be cubed together to make an old cLoD unique. Most are not that useful but there might be a few you want.

2. You can cube your unwanted coupons into wildcards (8 reds, 4 greys, or 2 gold coupons make 1 wildcard), or you can cube up/reroll them into more coupons. You CAN put the unwanted coupons into the multistocker, but usually I just make wildcards out of the ones I don't want and then put them in.

(2a.) A wildcard helps substitute for coupons you are missing. For instance if you want a Harlequin's Crest, you can use either 3x "Shako" coupons or if you only have 2...2x "Shako" coupons and 4 Wild Cards.

(2b.) You can also use wildcards to help you cube up gems. 2 of the same flawless gems + 1 wildcard will give you a blemished gem. 2 blemished and 3 wildcards will give you a perfect. So basically, 1 wildcard is equivalent to a flawless gem of any type.

barryboek

Post by barryboek » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:24 am

Great , thanks , now I know how to start by trial and error to figure out how this works !! Must say this looks all very complicated , but that is certainly why ES is such a great game , allways something new to discover . Maybe I might ask another question , I have seen you can exchange items , as a singleplayer can you exchange items between your old LOD game characters and ES characters and also between ES characters ?? How does this work?? Thanks again Blinn for the answer to my previous questions .

Blinn
Forum Legend
Virtue

Post by Blinn » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:42 am

[quote=barryboek";p="352661"]
as a singleplayer can you exchange items between your old LOD game characters and ES characters[/quote]

This can't be done, think of ES as it's own game. With all the cool stuff in ES, you probably wouldn't want all that old crap anyway ;) .

[quote=barryboek";p="352661"]and also between ES characters ?? How does this work??
[/quote]

Assuming you are playing on a PC and not a Mac, ES comes with plugY. There is a "shared stash" accessible by all of your characters. When you go to your stash in town, there should be a little toggle button on the lower left corner of your stash page. Hit that to switch between your personal and shared stashes. It is so convenient I throw pretty much everything I have into the shared stash and use it for the primary stash on all of my characters. In effect, all of my characters have pooled resources of cubing materials, runes, gems, and equipment, and that makes sharing items no hassle at all.

If you did not know of it, there is also "shared gold" at the top of your stash. It took me a little while to figure it out, but it's pretty simple. Having a shared bank means no character goes poor :cool: . One gold/magic finding character can finance and equip any characters you want, and with all that backing you can really cut loose with oddball characters if you feel like it.

barryboek

Post by barryboek » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:58 am

Right , got it , good , so I can start exchanging once I have started other games , great idea , thanks for the explanation !

barryboek

Post by barryboek » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:51 pm

Sorry another stupid question what do all the abbreviations mean , sc , gc etc. ?? Why does the orb keeps reporting needs three points , needs seven points , how do you satisfy the bloody thing ??

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:56 pm

[quote=barryboek";p="352924"]Sorry another stupid question what do all the abbreviations mean , sc , gc etc. ?? Why does the orb keeps reporting needs three points , needs seven points , how do you satisfy the bloody thing ??[/quote]

SC would mean Small Charm. GC means Grand Charm. Each individual item counts as a point. So, if you want to reroll a Rare Ring then you would need 7 points in the Orb, meaning you would need to have thrown 7 Magic Rings in there.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger — Friedrich Nietzsche
Eastern Sun DatabaseEastern Sun WikiZy-El Wiki
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Blinn
Forum Legend
Virtue

Post by Blinn » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:57 pm

sc = small charm
lc = large charm
gc = grand charm

You need to put in at least 3 magic small charms before you can pull out a new magic one. You need to put in at least 7 magic small charms and have Ancient Scroll #27 to pull out a rare small charm.

barryboek

Post by barryboek » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:26 pm

Thanks , going to try again , it is agreat game but for a newby sometimes confusing !

boobers
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by boobers » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:53 pm

[quote=barryboek";p="352959"]
Thanks , going to try again , it is agreat game but for a newby sometimes confusing !
[/quote]

I almost wanted to DL a different mod when I first saw the recipes page! :oops: It is alot to try and tackle all at once, but you'll quickly get the hang of it. Keep asking questions though! No matter how many times I've heard the same questions being asked on the forums here, there is always a member who is willing, and dare I say eager, to help out the newcomers.
Want a free Mythos invite? Post here: viewtopic.php?p=373571#373571

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:02 pm

[quote=boobers";p="353093"]I almost wanted to DL a different mod when I...[/quote]

Okay, stop right there for even thinking this. Walk straight to your nearest sink and wash your hands. Rinse and repeat.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger — Friedrich Nietzsche
Eastern Sun DatabaseEastern Sun WikiZy-El Wiki
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

kenet
Ukraine

Post by kenet » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:30 am

[quote=Blinn"]So if I wanted a rare ring wearable by any class, I would throw a key in with the rerolling orb.
For an Assassin Spiral, I would throw in a Dragon Stone instead of a key.
For an Amazonian Loop, I would throw in a Spider's Silk instead of a key.[/quote]

Hi. You know what items need use for take class sorceress rings?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 am

Why not just try them all out? To answer your question, its a Crushed Gem.

Cheers
AlphA

Return to “Eastern Sun”