Skill Changes

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

undead_shadow
Paladin

Re: Skill Changes

Post by undead_shadow » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 am

Perfect Cell" wrote:I know development has been slow, but look for another update soon.
Sweetness!

Can't believe I haven't said so before but those skill/graphic updates look amazing.

Do you have any goal month for when the next update will be finished? Or are you no way near it?
Open up the sweetness

taunos

Post by taunos » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Perfect Cell" wrote:I know development has been slow, but look for another update soon.

Lucifer - yes, they're from IWD, with a few of mine own thrown in via some elementary-level photoshop :)

These are great news!!! Can't wait :)

IronWarfare
Paladin

Post by IronWarfare » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Wait, wait, wait......there is an update to ES coming "soon" ? 8-O

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Post by Perfect Cell » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Within the next 2 weeks I will make available all of the updates I have completed to that date. It's unlikely it will be even half done, but it will give me more people to help report bugs, inaccuracies, missing changes, or things that are simply broken.

My plan is to complete the Amazon and Sorceress (along with a decent portion of the item updates) for this first release, and have set a target date (for myself) of March 18.
later

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Awesome, PC. I'd be glad to help test this out.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what version is this new one going to use?
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Post by Perfect Cell » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:28 pm

This new version is going to be based on 1.12a to take advantage of the increased resolutions offered via MultiRes. It's unfortunate it wasn't kept up to date, as the new Andariel-clone event added would've been an excellent opportunity to play around with a new/cool boss :(

Anyway, I seem to be having problems getting the Necromancer class to even load (access violation as the loading screen finishes), so I must be missing some necessary strings or have a typo in my skills/skilldesc file somewhere that prevents it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how people like the new skills. If I can get them all working (probably without descriptions), I'll be happy :)
later

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 pm

1.12a eh? Very nice. I've been wanting to try the port for R6D/E, but still uncertain; at least this gives me a reason to use 1.12a now... :)
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

Xc0n
Champion of the Light

Post by Xc0n » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:06 am

I already tried once with the multires and 1.12a patch and the game seems to not work so well for example auras dont stack + /players x command doesnt increase its difficulty. Might have been something to do with the version of plugy i guess.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:33 am

Thank you for the response...and one more Q if I may,will all of the items we are stashing be usefull in the new version of ES??? Also I would be more than willing to playtest the new version... :cool:
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:54 am

this might be off topic,butwould anyone enjoy a classic mode of ES?

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:53 pm

//900
I am still interested in testing this out. Will the previous version of ES be unaffected though? Stupid question, but... :P

taunos

Post by taunos » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Its been quite awhile since PC posted any updates regarding the development. Does anyone know if things are going as planned or something?

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:13 pm

I honestly don't know, but I do know that reality likes to come in and screw with the schedule... so all we can do now is wait.

taunos

Post by taunos » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Indeed, I am always amazed by PC work anyway, so I don't mind waiting for a update. Hopefully, it will happen when we least expect xD

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Perhaps, perhaps.. but until then I'm still playing.. but like I said, can't wait to test it out :D

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Post by Perfect Cell » Fri May 04, 2012 1:22 am

Things are going, just not as planned. My firm's office became very busy the past two months (weekend training, but most of the extra hours from several business sales/purchases with complex rollovers and other 'fun' stuff), which has in turn made me extremely busy. My gaming time has dropped down to near zero, which includes my ES development time. My WoW played time is in the neighbourhood of 300 minutes for those months :(

Tomorrow will be the first night where I'll have had a less than 10-12 hour day in the office. I got to check out the D3 for all of about 90 minutes during the open beta weekend, but it got me in the mood to do some more work on this.

Sorry for the delay, but at least you guys are cool about it. Friends and family have been far less understanding my being 'too busy' to see them :p
later

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:46 am

Perfect Cell" wrote:Things are going, just not as planned. My firm's office became very busy the past two months (weekend training, but most of the extra hours from several business sales/purchases with complex rollovers and other 'fun' stuff), which has in turn made me extremely busy. My gaming time has dropped down to near zero, which includes my ES development time. My WoW played time is in the neighbourhood of 300 minutes for those months :(

Tomorrow will be the first night where I'll have had a less than 10-12 hour day in the office. I got to check out the D3 for all of about 90 minutes during the open beta weekend, but it got me in the mood to do some more work on this.

Sorry for the delay, but at least you guys are cool about it. Friends and family have been far less understanding my being 'too busy' to see them :p
Not a problem.. it's called reality, and I get hit with it often. :(

taunos

Post by taunos » Wed May 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Yea no rush, it is great to see that you are working on it even without free time. I gotta say that D3 is nice, but I would love to play a new version of the ES mod (I can say that I'd rather play a new ES than D3).

Pukka

Post by Pukka » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Lemme know once you release it, I'll make changes to your Mod for the equip-able Hirings, by making use of the available states or unused states (i'll browse through the list). As well as the Angel summon replacement for bear (paladin class).
Happy Gaming guys.

Character Hirings & Izual Summon(Non-OFFICAL, ES 1.12)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=56900

Return to “Eastern Sun”