ESR6E Unofficial Release 4

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

arruor

Re: ESR6E Unofficial Release 4

Post by arruor » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:55 am

Hello all,
I've found a small bug with name of 'Den of evil' cave in Blood Moor. After upgrade to R4.1N it's displayed as 'The Cave Level 1'. I did upgrade from R6D to R6E R4.1N if this matters. Here is PoC:

Thank you for your great work.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:03 am

arruor" wrote:Hello all,
I've found a small bug with name of 'Den of evil' cave in Blood Moor. After upgrade to R4.1N it's displayed as 'The Cave Level 1'. I did upgrade from R6D to R6E R4.1N if this matters.
when you finish the DoE quest the game renames it to the cave level 1 (aka, it ain't a bug)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

arruor

Post by arruor » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Thanks for the info

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Guess I should have posted here to start...doh....anyhow, finally tried to get this patch, and here is my copy of posts below....it has rendered ES unplayable for me:

I got this patch, and copied the files into my ES folder, replacing the old ones, and now the game freezes upon start......I see the D2 icon start, but it freezes my mouse and everything......now what?

Grrrrrrrrr.....never a problem for years, and now due to trying to get this patch I never thought I needed can't get my game to start.....even copied back over with the original Data folder, it still freezes.

It seems it really hosed something. I even had ES300R in my MODS folder, also, as I was trying previously to get it to work with D2SE(that's another question unresolved). So, I copied that over my current ES300R files, after keeping my Saves file. Thinking it would take care of whatever is corrupting things. Nope...no dice. Getting pretty irritated......

I've done everything I can think of. I reinstalled R6D. nope. I rebooted. Nope. Lastly, I think I deleted everything this &*()_^)^&()^*^ patch installed, but still my game start halts. I can at least go into Task Manager and close it without rebooting, but I'm pretty disgusted, to say the least. Sure wish I'd never tried to install it.

At least vanilla and other mods start from D2SE...so no way to I have to reinstall. Maybe I can just delete all of my ES300R folder, and reinstall.......saving my Saves file and a few other things, for sure.....that's the last hope, I guess.

Edit again:

Deleted my ES300R folder. Reinstalled. Game still freezes. I give up. If I ever get ES working again, no one better say I need to install this community patch ever again.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:20 pm

the older versions of the patch shouldn't do something like that, however, seeing as I was only responsible for the older patches, I have no clue what this one could be doing, however, a txt based patch shouldn't freeze the game one startup, unless you broke the file tsuru uses to ensure the game is started with his launcher...

just to be clear, you where trying this entirely through D2SE? (which this patch, and ES weren't made for or tested on) if so i think its probably one of your .bin files thats been corrupted and needs replacing.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Necrolis" wrote:the older versions of the patch shouldn't do something like that, however, seeing as I was only responsible for the older patches, I have no clue what this one could be doing, however, a txt based patch shouldn't freeze the game one startup, unless you broke the file tsuru uses to ensure the game is started with his launcher...

just to be clear, you where trying this entirely through D2SE? (which this patch, and ES weren't made for or tested on) if so i think its probably one of your .bin files thats been corrupted and needs replacing.
No...only trying as I always have, with the ES300R launcher. I have yet to figure out how to get ES to show up in D2SE.

Anyhow, I just copied the two folder and two plugy files.....just copied all that was in the zip, to my ES300R folder. From that point on, ES will not load....as I listed above, I've tried all I can think of, including deleting and reinstalling. I did not use the Add/Remove programs, if that's relevant.

I surely thought reinstalling the mod would take care of it. One thing I just thought of is I could do a System Restore, but I know Windows 7 is very bad with this, and I may be out of luck there also.:(

Edit: Got lucky, and found a system restore for 4/9, and that's saying something for win 7, and it did the trick!:) That doesn't tell me what went wrong, and I am going to be very hesitant to try it again without an executable, or something, rather than manually transferring files, like I did. I may have done something wrong when Windows was asking about replacing files???? I wondered after the first query, if I chose the right button.....it was early and I was groggy:) Could that have done it?
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

SoM666

Post by SoM666 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:52 pm

dang, didn't know i was still playing patch D.. should read threads as much as playing this great mod :)

patched into E and no problems at all, Win7 here.

can u also add stocking runes of different types like u did for gems, and perhaps make it 6 at once instead of 3 ?

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:33 pm

6 at once could cause crashing. :(
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

SoM666

Post by SoM666 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 pm

no worries then, 3 still better then 1 :)

also decal socket 3 at a time with different decals would be nice too ;)

Return to “Eastern Sun”