Challenge: Triple Threat

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Challenge: Triple Threat

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:35 pm

I am thinking of restarting with another trio. LSG is a concentrator, FUSE is a fury druid, Origin is vengeance w/ Conviction.

Actually doing this. The previous trio is removed and their items will be stripped.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:43 pm

why restarting? after so much work?

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:39 am

I'm not serious. My old trio is still alive and up there. They'll be trucking on of course. I kinda like how they are doing. :P

After all, I've locked in my decision with that trio to begin with and I can't really change it unless an act of god happens and one of my characters becomes unplayable (corrupt, read: Misanthrop).

This trio is being played in the off-hand and won't really be counted in the main table.
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Druid done with Act 4,the rest done the Izual and Soulforge Quest...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Code: Select all

Scoreboard
Names (Bar, Dru, Pal)                                      PM            GT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
thepsycho2
Misanthrop, Phace, Rockwell                                 1         80960

Lucifer666
AliBaba,Ygdrassil,DuncanMcloud                              1          2895

Misfulness
Conan, Merlin, Girard                                       1        152439

Personal Scoreboard
Name (Class)               LEVEL         EXP     LIFE      DEF     DMG       TOTAL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conan  (Bar)                8700      128725    23968   214904   81000      457297
Merlin (Dru)                  10           0        0        0       0          10          
Girard (Pal)                  10           0        0        0       0          10           
Another update for my barb. I'm in act 5 with him.. I will play a little more with him until I start play with druid and pal too..

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:26 am

Alright....I've played many a melee character, so may as well enter the fray here. I've been reading Raymone E Feist's first books, the Riftwar Saga, so there you go with my character names. I'll definitely do a Concentrate Barb, but still deciding on Druid and Paladin.....

Scoreboard
thepsycho2

Lucifer666

Misfulness

Billybgame
Dolgan, MartinLongBow, Thomas				    1	

Personal Scoreboard
Name (Class)               LEVEL         EXP     LIFE      DEF     DMG       TOTAL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conan  (Bar)                  10      	   0        0        0       0          10
Merlin (Dru)                  10           0        0        0       0          10          
Girard (Pal)                  10           0        0        0       0          10           

Edit: Going to play mine in alphabetical order to start, up to level 12, then we'll see who's strongest to lead. Just horrific luck to start, though. I have to be at 50!!!!&(^*%*)^%^*)%*) Boots gambled, with not one set or unique. Meanwhile, the price of gambling them has nearly doubled, naturally. Corpsefire did drop a set jackpot, but going along with my luck, my Barb is now wearing Tara's set! Oh well, it's working, as I have mana regen now, so can exclusively use Concentrate with no mana issues.

Unreal luck, though. I recall times getting to maybe 40 gambles and finally getting stuff, and wanting to beat my head against a wall. I sort of wish I kept count, but we have to be past 50. I've sold 3 coupons, and took forever to get to lvl 9, as I tried to keep gambling prices down. Somebody make me feel better, and tell me you've had worse luck! 5% means you should get one, on average, out of every 20. After this, I should get one every 5 for awhile, to make up!

Edit again: Well, there you go....I'm level 12.....quit even trying to gamble it. That is a first. I have never not gotten at least the boots or belt, before level 12, when I tried. I don't think I've ever sold 3 coupons either. I probably did 10 more...so I figured 60. If it didn't sound so crazy, I'd say my gambling is broken. Guess this one won't be my trendsetter. He did one last run of the Den on p8, just to ensure he could handle it, but he may sit for awhile now.

Edit yet again: Well, that did it...the Druid got all the luck the Barb didn't. Gambled the boots on the 3rd try and the belt on about the 5th. And, most of all, Corpsefire dropped the Barb set.....argghh.....you sure it's not 5 transfers per act?:) I'm tempted to use up 3 right now!
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:16 pm

My 3 all stand over the fallen Andariel:) The Barb and Druid were a breeze for act 1, but the Pally, I worried about, at times. Did make him a Starters weapon before Andy, though, and now have some Emeralds in it, and with much life steal, he's doing fine. Still trying to decide between Zealot or Avenger, but did Andy with Vengeance, so.....may stick with it....I know I've tried them in the past, and faltered in later NM. Gotten farther with Holy Freeze Zealots, but we'll see.

Druid is doing Iron Claws/Charged Claws/Hunger stuff.

Fixed the table....I assume we want to be listed by score order?

Scoreboard

Misfulness

thepsycho2

Billybgame
Dolgan, MartinLongBow, Thomas				    1	      14888

Lucifer666

Personal Scoreboard
Dolgan (Bar)                 250      	 170     3090     2218     748        6476
MartinLongbow (Dru)          240         160     3328      804     800        5332          
Thomas (Pal)                 240         139     1365      678     658        3080

Edit: Forgot, used one Normal transfer, of Autolycus Lt Belt to my Pally. He was suffering with both items and MF, but had gotten the boots and had the armor drop twice! So, seemed to make sense. Hasn't helped much in finding stuff, so far, though.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:34 am

A small corection on tabel-- after sum, the score must be divided to 3..

Scoreboard

Misfulness

thepsycho2

Billybgame
Dolgan, MartinLongBow, Thomas			     	              1	       4962

Lucifer666

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Thu May 01, 2014 6:08 pm

More gambling frustration.....gambled the Messerchmidt gloves, and got luckier than all getout to have the Battle Axe drop in the Far Oasis......but I've been gambling for the Lt Plated Boots for a very long time....I have to be over 40 now.....at 7 or 8k a pop, that will cost you. Very aggravating. Not even a unique....nada. Starts to get very frustrating.

Edit: Ah, finally, success!:) Wow.....did that amp up this character! Finally gambled those boots....at long last. Was having serious mana issues, too, but now found a mana steal ring....almost hate to go play the Druid, but the Barb took down the Summoner with zero problems and will wait at the Tombs wp for his buddies. He also had the set battle axe drop again for him.....nice, but not sure it'd help my other two much.

Edit again: My 3 tanks all defeated Duriel without even quaffing a potion. Sadly, he didn't drop one measly usable item, for any of them, or even the mercs:( That's some pretty bad luck, I'd say. Also, the Pally is bringing down the team score and way below on life....got to work on that stuff.

Scoreboard

Misfulness

thepsycho2

Billybgame
Dolgan, MartinLongBow, Thomas				        1	       8473

Lucifer666

Personal Scoreboard
Dolgan (Bar)                 300      	 545     4046     3190    4677       12758
MartinLongbow (Dru)          300         549     4560     1234    1284        7927          
Thomas (Pal)                 290         466     1799     1176    1002        4733 

Can't seem to line the tables up right.....not sure why....not like I haven't done this a gazillion times!

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:25 pm

I had to factory-restart the computer. Most of the stuff is kept but MY CHARACTERS ARE LOST. Previous characters are forced retired. To get back, I'm starting anew.

Scoreboard

Misfulness

thepsycho2 (HALT)

Billybgame
Dolgan, MartinLongBow, Thomas                               1          8473

Lucifer666

thepsycho2
Tiesto, Oakenfold, VanBuuren                                1            10

Personal Scoreboard
Tiesto (Bar)                   1           0        0        0       0          10
Oakenfold (Dru)                1           0        0        0       0          10
VanBuuren (Pal)                1           0        0        0       0          10
Needs a fresh start..

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:09 pm

I'll fire up my chars once again sometime this week...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:10 am

I resumed my 3 in this....all are past Mephisto......Barb and Druid are strong, but Pally's really pulling us down. And, Pally having terrible luck. Spent a fortune trying to gamble Anduin Aerin Shield and never even got one. After spending a ton just to get the weapon. If I can ever get that set going, he could get much stronger as well. But, even as is, he never uses health pots.

More to come.

Edit:

Took a break from my HC Challenge to bring my impressive trio past Diablo....all safe and sound in act 5....our total is still only 48k, so no bother updating the table. Someone else needs to try this fun one!

Edit again:

Just wanted to stop by and complain about chit gambling....how the hell do you burn through 400K on the Iron Wolf chain mail and great helm search and not get one single, solitary, unique or set item??????!!!!!! Are you kidding me? I must have bought 100 chits and just gave up. 5% my *(^*)%^*)%^)% arse. I'll admit it usually works out better....sometimes quick, sometimes 40...but doubt I've ever seen it this bad. My game must have broken....maybe I need to restart.

Return to “Eastern Sun”