Challenge: Triple Threat

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Challenge: Triple Threat

Post by Firesnake » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:03 pm

It's the low dmg that kills the fun, not the slow running. As a WW that is not really a problem. Even if I kill normal monsters with 2 hits it still fells like it takes ages to take out a group.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:20 pm

man,take any two handed weapon and put any Amethist in it and you will be powning the monsters on p/8 in normal...as for FRW issue there are ways to remedy that easy...

as for me only Barb got to kill Andy now,with all i found a decent Rare twohander so it's going fast now...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:42 pm

In the beginning it is the slowness of killing, yes. Do be reminded that you can try gambling for better things, as it is allowed.

Misanthrop just got out of Act 4. I'm starting to become impressed with this guy. However that has to change up. Diablo dropped a Fallen Star ring with RIP spawned on it, so that goes to.... the merc.

Rockwell is next.

(A post was added)

Agreed with the amethysts!

EDIT: Rockwell is having some issues with life, but since I upgraded his Mighty gloves to blemishes, I can start d-stoning +% Life. Not sure how Phace will handle this, but I think I got it. An interesting thing is that Rockwell and Misanthrop have Hitpower-crafted spiked shoulders, not just for the Indestructable, but for the good defense. Both are socketed with flawless diamonds. I just also crafted a Caster Helm for Rockwell which is... a Dwarven Circlet. I will be able to stuff that with rubies to help his life issue. I am not going to Chaos Sanctuary with his current life.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Code: Select all

Scoreboard
Names (Bar, Dru, Pal)                                      PM            GT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
thepsycho2
Misanthrop, Phace, Rockwell                                 1          9344

Lucifer666
AliBaba,Ygdrassil,DuncanMcloud                              1          2895

Misfulness
Conan, Merlin, Girard                                       1          1941

Personal Scoreboard
Name (Class)               LEVEL         EXP   LIFE      DEF     DMG       TOTAL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AliBaba    (Bar)             240         160   1235      548     752        2935
Ygdrassil (Dru)              240         154   1701     1088     502        3685
DuncanMcloud (Pal)           240         135   1036      288     366        2065
well this is how my heroes stand after act 1...did not leave Lut Gholein with any of them yet...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:54 am

Rockwell is sitting in Act 4 still, Level 43, and completed two of the seal bosses... then an emergency hit that caused me to exit the game (I went to town first!). Well, it's time to do it again. Instead of my usual Leoric > Jade > Lachdanan, I'm doing it in reverse so I only need to hit Leoric down to trigger Diablo.

EDIT: (Table edited below)

Phace's turn to run down Act 4. Rockwell did a reverse on the seal bosses and took down Leoric first. Before that happened, he made a necro-craft great maul, punched two sockets into it, and then filled it with the amethysts from the crafted pike. Same damage, same speed, but 120% strength boost compared to 100%? Yes please.

EDIT: Phace completed Act 4. That was short! The axe was pretty good to use, and I was able to trade off some defense by going from EF to Werewolf (I had 1 pointed that way back in Act 1, because I originally wanted to go WW, not EF). TBH the Feral Rage leech was what saved him a lot of trouble.

All three have their lightning mercs, but not all three have equal equipment!

EDIT: Made a clarification on certain melee skills, esp. the ones that deal elemental damages. They are allowed.

EDIT 2: CATS%@$!!!!!! My barb's file got corrupted. I knew I should've made that backup earlier. What should I do? For the life of me this hasn't happened before. Backups from the save folder aren't working.

EDIT 3: I tried to roll back, but to no avail. Misanthrop is MIA.. What do I do? Should I start a new barb and play catch up? :(

I'm going to. I was having fun with Misanthrop too. Meet Donny, his replacement.

Scoreboard
thepsycho2
Donny, Phace, Rockwell                                      1          8205

Lucifer666

Misfulness

Personal Scoreboard
Name (Class)               LEVEL         EXP     LIFE      DEF     DMG       TOTAL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donny (Bar)                   10           0        0        0       0           0
Phace (Dru)                  420        2215     5022     2362    3602       13621
Rockwell (Pal)               450        2944     2842     1716    3032       10984
GT adjusted to compensate.
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:51 pm

what about Rabies??? I use it as PMH...since without AC or PFaB and on gear -EPR it is quite useless...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Rabies is OK, I forgot to add that.

EDIT: Fixed. Also, Donny is at the Inner Cloister. Really gotta play careful with this setup, but I think he'll do fine.

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:06 pm

I don't post yet, but Conan finish act 2.. now I clear maps to get DS and to find gem can.. I have 3 perfect ametyst for moment, and still counting.. Hope to can get some decent gear for him to can have a little fun with mu mu cows.. I always do this strategy and is work for me.. Take some time for get materials, but when I finish, I can get to Baal in no time..

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Donny is past Act 2.

Scoreboard
thepsycho2
Donny, Phace, Rockwell                                      1         10616

Lucifer666

Misfulness

Personal Scoreboard
Name (Class)               LEVEL         EXP     LIFE      DEF     DMG       TOTAL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donny (Bar)                  310         637     1995     1512    2791        7245
Phace (Dru)                  420        2215     5022     2362    3602       13621
Rockwell (Pal)               450        2944     2842     1716    3032       10984

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:06 pm

meh...i only got 2 Flawless Gems with all my toons,reward from Andy,but i collected enough for several random Normal Gems,between 10 Dstones with all(counting AS and Decipherers here too),and are gennerally all below 100.000 Gold in stash,and i didn't gamble at ALL with any of em...but i get by...

no real need to farm much if you don't intend to hit the Special areas as soon as you can,I'll start going to Special areas when I'm in Act 5 and when have enough level to hit safely,and to survive for certain...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Donny is halfway through Act 3. He's got two blemished amethysts in his gloves now which is enough, and I'll start to d-stone +% Life on them. He's currently using a blood-craft halberd, socketed with two normal obsidians. I've yet to upgrade them to flawless obsidians.

He's gotta get two more parts of the flail, so it is sewers and Travincal. I'll stop into the fake temples excluding harpy nest (that's a special area for later). Next skill quest will see him buffing Battle Orders.

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Donny is in Act 4 now. I think that will be it for now.

EDIT: Resuming, I continued forward with Donny and managed to get him up to the river of flame waypoint. I caster-crafted a helm, and it spawns with a requirement just one level higher than him. So that isn't bad. My act 3 merc, a cold one, currently has two pieces of his merc set, however I am still trying to get his weapon so he can cast faster.

I am actually considering ducking into Act 3 Flayer so i can get a flag to drop, so I can convert this perfect gem into a skull (necro craft), and make Donny a great maul. What gem? Sapphire :(

EDIT 2:

Scoreboard
thepsycho2
Donny, Phace, Rockwell                                      1         13127

Lucifer666

Misfulness

Personal Scoreboard
Donny (Bar)                  430        2591     4371     3616    5266       14777
Catchup complete. Everyone is in Act 5 again. Progress can now be made. Made a greatmaul for Donny -- level 52 :( Geez, by then I might have better! Aargh.

EDIT 3: Of course I do. Used unique stone on great maul for Arreat's Peak, then decided to base-up to exceptional. Does much more damage than expected. So I decided to go do the same with my druid. All seems to go well now.

My paladin is starting his run now.

EDIT 4: Gambled an Annihilator (giant axe) for my paladin, and base-upped it. Such a mean piece of equipment, not to mention the speed boost from the annihilation on equip.. Socketed it with a blemished amethyst. Then I went to go gamble for goldark's strap... took me all that money to realise I could've just made it myself! :( Oops.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Composure Runeword is the first thing i was looking to obtain with all three heroes...gonna stick to Runewords for a while,easier to obtain than Crafting and rerolling Rares for now...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:30 am

Rockwell is currently doing special areas, trying to hit 52.
Donny is about to head through Ancients' Way.
Phace is about to do special areas.

I plan to get everyone to 52 before starting Nightmare.

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 am

I play only with Conan for some time.. I do runs for hammers and gem can all these days.. In the way I get some nice scrools (1-14) and goods charms.. I think tomorrow I can craft all gear for him.. If I finish his gear, I will begin to kill moo moo cows for minimum 1 day..

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:44 pm

I think 50 is a more solid number for all three characters. Rockwell is there. The other two are catching up.

EDIT:

Scoreboard
thepsycho2
Donny, Phace, Rockwell                                      1         24383

Lucifer666

Misfulness

Personal Scoreboard
Donny (Bar)                  520        6085     5558     6230   16000       34393
Phace (Dru)                  520        5699     6566     3768    6219       22772
Rockwell (Pal)               530        6334     3685     3168    5657       15984
All three have defeated Baal on Normal difficulty. Since it is a normal boss I did not multiply by the nightmare multiplier yet. That will happen when I defeat Andariel in nightmare.

Donny... is a killing machine.

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:10 pm

I kill cows for moment.. this night i will update his score.. Donny's damage is very very good man !!

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:09 pm

Scoreboard
thepsycho2
Misanthrop, Phace, Rockwell                                 1         24383

Lucifer666

Misfulness
Conan, Merlin, Girard                                       1         20569

Personal Scoreboard
Conan  (Bar)                 510        5239     8106    34834   13000       61689
Merlin (Dru)                  10           0        0        0       0          10          
Girard (Pal)                  10           0        0        0       0          10           
Was too boring to run for hammers (in act 2), to run for gem can; to raze over and over again act 2.. And at finish to kill too many cows (more 10k)--more 10 times cleared cow area and andy dress..
Now I get some rest..

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:23 pm

I eat, and have again hungry to play.. I begin with Girard.. Have one question.. how vengeance work? In long past, on Battlenet, I use with convinction..but I read somewhere that venge do only elemntal damage.. ex.. if you have 150% ed with vengeace.. and you do 30 lighting damage.. you will do only base weapon damage + 30*150%.. is true?

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Yes, Vengeance only works with weapon damage. Elemental damage is added to the weapon, ignoring existing elemental damages. So if you have a 50% fire/cold/lit Vengeance attack on a 100 damage weapon, you'll be doing 50 fire/cold/lit before all other elemental damages are attached.

If you had a +30 fire damage as well, you'd do 80 fire, 50 cold/lit.

Conviction works well by lowering the elemental resistances, thus improving damage done by the elemental attacks.

EDIT: Regardless, a high-level Vengeance is good for Hell since you'll face physical-immune mobs, so while you aren't doing any physical damage, you will still be doing elemental damages.

EDIT 2: Overlooked your board update. I must say that I am impressed with what you have working at the moment. I like working with my barb especially with his current weapon, albeit slow. I just got Bash maxed on him, so I'm working on Berserk (syn. to Bash, secondary skill). Paladin has Fanaticism maxed, working on Zeal (primary skill). And druid is 10 away from maxing shapeshift mastery, still balancing between that and Iron Claws.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:08 pm

and Vengeance does Weapon dmg,so it does Physical too...it's real good,especially if you invest in Energy you will get more Ele Dmg,as long as you lower monster Res somehow...

Edit: all my heroes done act 2...will update tomorrow...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Well, that was the point, he was questioning on how elemental damages work on the weapon with vengeance, it is additive and goes along with the weapon's damage...

I had one transfer point moved to the beginning of NM, and I just nuked it transfering a +2 Shapeshift, +1 Druid ring to Phace. And since I am in Nightmare now, I am back up to 5 new transfer points. "Trust" is the runeword of choice atm for the characters (Shi N Ra I, Body Armor).

EDIT: And my first NDE goes to the Countess. Glad I was able to heal back up before I got punched into the ground. From then on, I stopped using werewolf and gone back to EF. And another NDE is at Catacombs 1.. I need to halt my character and see what is wrong.

EDIT 2:

Scoreboard
thepsycho2
Donny, Phace, Rockwell                                      1         35777

Lucifer666

Misfulness

Personal Scoreboard
Donny (Bar) Ntmr            2240        8268     6947     8318   14000       39773
Phace (Dru) Ntmr            2240        8543     7556    11526    6232       36097
Rockwell (Pal) Ntmr         2240        8234     4441     5548   11000       31463
(The "Ntmr" next to Phace is just a self-notification that he's in Nightmare. You don't need to do this.)

Phace is past Act 1 Nightmare. Defense boost from a found +11 Defiance amulet. Resumed with werewolf and I think I'm locking it for good. The lifesteal and speed boost will come in handy dodging missiles.

Now I'm going to Rockwell.

EDIT 3: Rockwell is past Act 1 Nightmare. Donny is left.

EDIT 4: Considering how I should boost Phace and Rockwell's resistances. I believe Phace has an anvil, but Rockwell does not. Can convert the anvil forging to +16 all res. (I might have the reverse, actually, but not on right now.) I am also concerned about Rockwell's life pool. What is the ilvl requirement for battle orders javelin again? Would be nice to know.

EDIT 5: Everyone is done with Act 1 Nightmare. Act 2 is almost underway.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:39 am

i think 51,or +-1 to that...for BO jav at Charsi...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Currently ~59 at all characters, so should have no issue. Guess I am just running low on luck.

EDIT:
(TABLE EDITED BELOW)
Everyone is done with Act 2 Nightmare. Got a good weapon for Donny that deals ~350 max after baseup, but since it had no IAS mod I used Tsu-forge and amethysts. The downside? Even though it has repair mod, it's freakin' expensive to repair. On to Act 3.

EDIT 2: Down to 3 transfer points. I transferred an anvil from Donny to Phace.

EDIT 3: Down to 2 transfer points. I tranferred a magic ring +1 paladin, +4 melee mastery from Phace to Rockwell. Not doing so. 3 points left. Donny has a wrecking arm that does 400+ max damage. He's punching the lights out of all those monsters now. :) Once we get late Act 5 maybe we'll see 5-socket possible weapons, so "Duress" may be good later on, especially for the druid.

EDIT 4: The level requirement of a base-upped rock buster to wrecking arm is 64. Which is what happened.

EDIT 5:
Act 3 Nightmare complete. Donny is sporting a pretty damaging wrecking arm, followed by Rockwell. Phace, on the other hand, has a nice damage guisarme. How did they get those? Base-upping exceptional rares (Ko + Ho + 3 Blemished Gems). The only person who has an issue with Mephisto was Rockwell, of course, with his lacking life. That may soon change, I hope.

Other good things: Donny has AS30, Rockwell has a maple, and Phace got a boss ore drop on Mephisto. 2 burning sulphurs in that ore.

EDIT 6: Phace completed Act 4 Nightmare. The table is NOT updated yet. Before the act began, I gambled for a grim scythe. I get a shadow scythe, so I started to reroll that. Got some good mods! So I punched two holes in it and Tsu-forged it, then two blemished amethysts, namely for speed and AR.

Holy crap Phace now swings fast as Elemental Form. I think I have him down to 5 frames per attack. Found a 3-socket totemic mask, so made "Jealousy" (Shi Tsu To?). And on the way to Lachdanan, Fu rune! I immediately used it for CBF. So expect some good improvement in his score. Oh, and his blood-craft boots has oskill Vigor! I guess I'll use that as a transportation aura.

EDIT 7:

Scoreboard
thepsycho2
Donny, Phace, Rockwell                                      1         80960

Lucifer666

Misfulness

Personal Scoreboard
Donny (Bar) Ntmr            2840       31727     9173    12838   36000       92578
Phace (Dru) Ntmr            2840       32068    12950    11138   24000       82996
Rockwell (Pal) Ntmr         2840       32640     6202     9626   16000       67308
Act 4 Nightmare finally completed. Nothing really good found, but lot of money was to be had. My characters aren't showing much promise however. This setup is tougher than I anticipated! I do like the challenge however, and the consistent fear of death always makes me consider and reconsider my actions in certain situations.

Crutches: Rockwell has low life, duh. Phace seems to be doing okay. Donny on the other hand, has low AR. I may need to d-stone AR on his good amulet..

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:39 am

better forge ITD somewhere...
will update soon...all my heroes done Act 3

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”