can't get character utility to work

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

herewego

can't get character utility to work

Post by herewego » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:06 pm

Trying to use this http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?CharacterUtility to reallocate my stats

I open the program, find my appropriate save file, hit "Unallocate All Stats." But when I save and close and go into game, I have no stats to reallocate, everything is still the same. If I "Unallocate All States" and then "Reallocate States" These changes aren't saved either.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Does the /Programfiles folder where I installed d2 have some sort of extra protection to prevent changes? I read somewhere that someone moved their character file outside of their d2 folder and edited it, then moved it back, tried this but didn't work..

Any help would be appreciated.

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: can't get character utility to work

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:23 pm

That is correct. There's special protections to anything installed under /Program Files or /Program Files (x86) as Windows treats this as a system-specific environment. Which is why I install my games outside of these directories.

One possible remedy is that you need to launch the utility as administrator, done by right-clicking the executable and using "run as administrator". No guarantees, however -- Windows is really picky with what's being done in those directories.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Return to “Eastern Sun”