cube recipe->4 socket helm?

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

herewego

cube recipe->4 socket helm?

Post by herewego » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:06 am

I need help using cube recipes to make a 4 socket helm

I used 3 ancient decipheres + 1 chipped topaz = Normal circlet (3 socket)

Then I tried to use scroll 17+ socket donut + 4 normal gems (normal topaz in my case) + normal circlet (from above) to make a 4 socket helm

But the 2nd recipe doesnt give me a 4 socket normal white circlet . How can I make a normal 4 socket circlet using cube recipes? Any help would be appreciated.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: cube recipe->4 socket helm?

Post by gogodanny » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:50 am

Socketing Recipes †

Magic Weapons and Armor: The recipe makes up to 3 sockets. Of course the socket number is capped at the maximum socket number of the base item.
Rare Weapons, Helms, Body Armor and Shields: The recipe makes up to 2 sockets.
Rare Gloves, Belts and Boots: The recipe makes only 1 socket.
Crafted/Set/Unique Weapons and Armor: The recipe makes only 1 socket.
White Weapons and Armor: The recipe can make any number of sockets.
Non Secret recipes rerolls the white items, which means all Ethereality, Superiority and Low Quality are removed. Staffmods are also removed/rerolled. Don't use the non-secret recipe to socket that +3 Frozen Orb / +3 Blizzard / +3 Cold Mastery staff you just found.
Secret recipe 16 and 17 make sockets without removing these properties. Of course it's better to use non secret recipes for Low Quality items. Superiority is always welcome because the repair cost of Superior items is very low in ES.
You can make a Socket Donut from a Unique Dagger, if the gold is more precious than the time (ie. "if you are poor"). You can gamble a Unique Dagger cheaply with a level 1 character.
The socketing cost is generally cheaper, so it's one of the most frequently used enhancements even in early and mid games.

Most importantly: Items need to have a certain ilvl to be able to hold more than the minimum amount of sockets.

As you can see here: http://esdb.d2se.org/es3armo_n.htm the maximum amount of sockets for a circlet is 3 ...

have a nice day
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

herewego

Re: cube recipe->4 socket helm?

Post by herewego » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:24 am

gogodanny" wrote:Socketing Recipes †

Magic Weapons and Armor: The recipe makes up to 3 sockets. Of course the socket number is capped at the maximum socket number of the base item.
Rare Weapons, Helms, Body Armor and Shields: The recipe makes up to 2 sockets.
Rare Gloves, Belts and Boots: The recipe makes only 1 socket.
Crafted/Set/Unique Weapons and Armor: The recipe makes only 1 socket.
White Weapons and Armor: The recipe can make any number of sockets.
Non Secret recipes rerolls the white items, which means all Ethereality, Superiority and Low Quality are removed. Staffmods are also removed/rerolled. Don't use the non-secret recipe to socket that +3 Frozen Orb / +3 Blizzard / +3 Cold Mastery staff you just found.
Secret recipe 16 and 17 make sockets without removing these properties. Of course it's better to use non secret recipes for Low Quality items. Superiority is always welcome because the repair cost of Superior items is very low in ES.
You can make a Socket Donut from a Unique Dagger, if the gold is more precious than the time (ie. "if you are poor"). You can gamble a Unique Dagger cheaply with a level 1 character.
The socketing cost is generally cheaper, so it's one of the most frequently used enhancements even in early and mid games.

Most importantly: Items need to have a certain ilvl to be able to hold more than the minimum amount of sockets.

As you can see here: http://esdb.d2se.org/es3armo_n.htm the maximum amount of sockets for a circlet is 3 ...

have a nice day
Thanks!

Return to “Eastern Sun”