[Patch 5.2D] Eastern Sun Rises

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun Rises mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

xjasonlee

Re: [RELEASE] 4.2A+B Community Patch

Post by xjasonlee » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:46 am

AlphA - The Real One" wrote:Try it without the Statfix.dll. Can't think of anything else that could cause new game crashes. I'll look into the -%Res bug you found. Thanks for posting.

Edit: I just did 5 gfraizer dome runs without any problems. Could you upload your debuglog for me, might find something in there.

Cheers
AlphA
How do I go about grabbing that?

Just happened again while leveling my frenzy barb in A5 Frigid Highlands

xjasonlee

Post by xjasonlee » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:27 pm

suggestion for next update: is there a way to make all the recipes requring keys to make key count 50? super annoying when it stacks to 1 and you open a locked chest

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:46 am

Nah. But we could change the item itself. Using something else than key.

Cheers
AlphA

Stereox

Post by Stereox » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:19 pm

I know those icons ...

Damnit. I'm torn in half

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:36 pm

xjasonlee" wrote:suggestion for next update: is there a way to make all the recipes requring keys to make key count 50? super annoying when it stacks to 1 and you open a locked chest
Have your Inventory open when you pick up a key and create a new stack.
When you use a key, D2 seems to always deduct a key from the biggest stack, so your keys you use for cubing will stay intact.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:13 am

@xjasonlee: the -fireres% bug should be fixed in the next version. I somehow messed up Firemastery which caused it.

I also added the Questskillrewards back to 2,2,3.

Cheers
AlphA

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: [RELEASE] Community Patches by AlphA

Post by gogodanny » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 am

Hi AlphA,

you may wanna consider the following changes:

Questskillrewards 2,2,4 (rather than 3), Firebug, Removing the entire left part of prereq skills for FoH on Paladin. it doesn't make sense you need sacrifice and all others for a spell. Perhaps make mindblast a prereq, but not the others.
Another thing that came to mind is the removal of a bunch of Oskills. nobody will ever use CowBalloon etc ... could we not also get a few other useful ones? Some more Oskill builds would be fun

thanks for readin :)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: [RELEASE] Community Patches by AlphA

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:38 pm

I thought about other Oskills, but then I would rather rework all Skilltrees. For know I'll focus on smaller fixes and edits that won't change the game that much. For Questskills I could also change how much you get per Quest per Difficulty, like 1,1,2 2,2,3 3,3,4. The Firebug will be fixed in the next version. I'm currently fixing some other Skills too. Just fixed Maul and improved Shockwave Synergies. The FoH change sound reasonable.

For a Skilltree rework I've a few things in mind. First is slightly reduce the overall number of skills by mostly cut unused or passives, thought about 24-26 instead of 30. Second is to make passives work via basispoints to prevent one point wonder. And third to remove some odd skill placements in ES, like Summon Anointed Bear. This would also require a UI rework, which would allow to change to a higher resolution. But I'm not really talented and I don't know anyone who would volunteer for that.

Any item graphics changes are currently put on hold as I'm waiting for a new program/plugin necrolis is working on. At some point I'll also replace the Diablo I monsters used in ES with newer versions made by Ogodei, actually I was already halfway through alongside some other changes to them, but then he just started to redo them again. So I'll wait for his next release.

Edit: Released Patch C.

Edit2: Patch D will be released soon. Inner Sight and Sway got fixed and it will be the first patch to include some new content. Future patches will be divided into two groups. group one will be similar to the last patches, focusing on bug fixes and small balance changes. The second group will be a bigger revamp of Eastern Sun. Stay tuned for news.

Hidden Treasure
Post a screenshot once you find one of those Hidden Treasures
and as a reward they shall be named after you.
Whoever can obtain all eight Hidden Treasures will be offered
the chance to design his own Set.
Edit: Released Patch D, see first post.

Cheers
AlphA

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: [Patch D Released] Community Patches by AlphA

Post by gogodanny » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey AlphA,

thanks for the epic patches.
Installed already - waiting for latest :-) currently making my way through hell. Let's see if a hidden treasure can be found =)

Big Question. How would I go about reverting item graphics? Those rings/amulets/jewels graphics are so confusing as I can't distinguish em. So I need to place em in multistocker 1by1 which is ultra time consuming ...

thanks for ur help
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Hey, sorry you might need to reload the patch as I just noticed a minor bug. It's already fixed in the new upload. To revert the new graphics remove the misc.txt and itemtypes.txt.

Cheers
AlphA

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:57 pm

thanks a lot for your answers AlphA! :-)

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Re: [RELEASE] 4.2A Community Patch

Post by ultimategrayfox » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:44 pm

gogodanny" wrote:God Alpha I love you for this patch. I couldnt manage to find decent stuff lately, now in my first run almost no crap, plenty rares, a couple runes ... awesome - great work
and that is why i won't use those patches. You just broke even more an easy game. like cutting in half crystals and increase the drops of some suffixes. Those where intended to be a lttle hard to get soo the players where incouraged to use trading and such since you can get to lv 90+ in a couple of days if you play hard (why people trade the high tier charm and runes for 10 maples or more otherwise?). If i just wanted easy stuffs i could just dupe them with shared stash. But well this is just my opinion.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Sure that's your choice man. It's also easy to undo any of those changes and keep the bugfixes alone if you wish. My uploads contain all txt files. I personal wouldnt say that it made the game easier in terms of difficulty and the difference in affixes can't be really noticed. Removing unwanted stuff from dropping seems to me more like a QoL improvement. Also those changes should't increase the chance for better stuff to drop, as the treasure classes still exisit and if those are rolled the game now either drops nothing (higher chance) or pots/arrow/bolts.
For Crystals it's actually a change people often voted for here and on the Eastern Sun website, it is even mentioned under the section community patches at the Eastern Sun Wiki. I haven't seen anyone trading here nor on Snej in a long time. I just lvled my Sorc to lvl 100 and for most crystals my stocker is at about 50.

What does makes the mod easy and to some extend boring are easy accessible Oskills like BO,Teleport,Masteries or Lower Resist and the possibility to dstone most stats on items and changing the basetype of items (belt,boot,glove). This also cause most drops (uniques as sets) to be useless.

Edit: If you wanna go after something super rare try to find one of the Hidden Treasures.

Cheers
AlphA

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:56 pm

opinions. I got like 5-6 chara lv 98 and one 100 with all the crystals and everything i could possibily want. Suffixes are everything in a mod based on rare items (in some cases like javelins the magic are total better) and even with my crappiest chara i got go act 5 hell even if don't use any crystals or purple runes. but well now we'll have tons of people with work of god mercenaries and dualmax weapons while those were confined to cheaters or dedicated people. I don't really care because i pretty much retired and everything but you shouldn't pamper people who don't wanna put some effort in the game, since the game is more than finishable with a basic gear.

oskills are cheap but grant a freedom no mod have, but yeah since the oskills are cheap you can't make suffixes be aviable so easy since the point is you can get oskill easy but get an oskill with other good stats require some effort, not for nothing like 50% of the recipes involve some kind of reroll.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:08 pm

I get the feeling that you overestimated the changes I made to certain affixes. Anyway as you said yourself its opinions and I made those changes for myself in the first place and shared them here so other people who want can enjoy them too. If you dislike my changes to affixes or drops I can tell you how to undo them and you can enjoy the bugfixes alone.

Cheers
AlphA

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:22 pm

and i get the feeling you underestimated them, because in that mod finding the right rare item is everything. even kanji runeword wheren't soo much used compared. Since maples aren't soo easy obtainable when one find all the equip he wants is over. Junk item was part of the hard work. Plus in some cases like the arrows and bolts people use normal ones more than uniques because they drop more and you burn them at an amazing rate (and honestly, 10 rare = 1 unique why do you need a unique arrow to drop directly much?)

nah, i looked at the patches and honestly i don't care about almost anything of the changes (synergies fix is ok, but is not for charas i use soo whatever). new items could be only good thing but i'm busy on read my nezeramontias chara soo no time to spare on that. But well happy if others enjoys the changes. i just gave my opinion as veteran player. Good luck.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am

Yo Greyfox - how about considering players having fulltime jobs?

I get your point, but not everybody likes endless grinding if your playtime is limited to 3-4h per week.

Cheers

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:59 pm

and you considered duping the stuffs if are soo desperate? No need to modify the other people job just because you have issues of time or other stuffs. No difference of cheating by duping and done it with increased drop and cutted off stuffs. And i'm having hard time as well since no one trade here alot anymore, soo it's the same for everyone even if i have all the time i want. Some stuffs were considered a long challenge soo you should respect that. Also tsuru remade the drops table when the released the C patch soo excluding the crystals this is how he wanted the mod work.

still like i said i can get an high level chara ready in a very shot time because those cows are a joke and make a hell chara viable is also pretty easy with limited time. If you want a refined chara playing just 2-3 hours per week then this is not the right mod. Or we should modify nezeramontias and zy-el because people don't have the time for play them like the creators intended? When i lost my nez chara i asked people for share one of theirs and a couple of peoples helped me out, in the same way you could ask people to give you an hand with extra stuffs or do runs with you for clean the stages quickly or give you some stuffs you need. If for example there was a serious hamachi channel with games often up every player that pass around here could join you happily. If you guys have the time for making patches of doubt utility then try to unify the community once more, I and others would play with you if you give a chance.

But since that will never happen, judging on the trend of the new players, it's time to quit this ghost community and play alone. I don't have the patience to explain stuffs to people that only seek shortcuts. Playing in single player is way more satisfying. Goodbye.
Last edited by ultimategrayfox on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ultimategrayfox
Champion of the Light

Post by ultimategrayfox » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 pm

xjasonlee" wrote:suggestion for next update: is there a way to make all the recipes requring keys to make key count 50? super annoying when it stacks to 1 and you open a locked chest
what about keep a little extra key in your stash? Look like i've done with my shared stash page, https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikwu34wszaq01 ... 3.png?dl=0 i keep an extra copy of everything that could be of some use in an ordered way since you don't really use the recipes outside of the town. That really speed up the stuffs and you won't lose your keys.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:08 am

I totally get your point, but there's 1 important thing you're seemingly ignoring:

AlphA told you how to revert changes in case you don't like them.
I really don't see ANY reason why I should not enjoy a game to its fullest. Because of "rules"? Aren't there enough "rules" to follow in your life so you need rules on how to properly play a game? Come on ...

If I wanted I could sell myself Maples for 1k gold or dupe the {filtered} out of any item present. As long as I don't brag about my achievements (btw. it's a videogame so fk achievements) who da hell cares.

But like i said, I get your points. Just stop making life harder for people who want some fun and escape the real world for a couple hours.

Also AlphA, great changes, keep them coming bro!

@hidden Treasures - man i'd love a hint on those (e.g. "1 or more" only spawn in hell difficulty ... :-D

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:56 pm

@gogodanny: They should be as rare as the lvl 80 unique charms and as such can only drop where those can drop. ( I found one in the time it took me from 99 1/2 to 100 on players 16.

Cheers
AlphA

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:49 am

@AlphA thanks for the Clarification! I was just about to enter every minor dungeon in normal to see if I find something unusual. This info just saved a lot of frustration :-D

So Naraku/ReporB/ReziarfG/Metalspark - here we come :D

1 more thing: I tested a FoH pala recently and realized the knockback on PoE Aura only works on demons/undead - is that intended? If not, could you perhaps look into it AlphA?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Actually that's not a bad idea. I'll keep it in mind. Hm guess its the sanctuary aura?

Cheers
AlphA

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:38 am

Yep should be sanctuary :-)

Dapaba
Forum Regular
Angel
Canada

Post by Dapaba » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi AlphA: is it possible to use this patch with the D2SE version of ES? I tried everything I could research for a month and couldn't get the regular version to work on my laptop. I'd really like to try playing your patch.

Hey gogodanny: don't be so hard on Cow Balloon as an O-skill. It's a good tool for directing traffic especially if getting overrun in the Domain. :)
Kato on the Zy-El Welcome page: 'This Mod's not a cakewalk. So, I don't want to hear any whining about how tough it is! If you want an easier game, go back to "vanilla" LOD or play some other Mod.'

Return to “Eastern Sun Rises”