Skill's Suggestions

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun Rises mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Aught
Champion of the Light
Russia

Skill's Suggestions

Post by Aught » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Hej, since we gonna remake/change all skills to next major release i created this topic for additional related info. If you have any skill suggestions (better for all chars except ama/sor) post them here, also you can post here current skill's bugs/typos.
Cheers.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Skill's Suggestions

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:45 am

Will write down what we just talked about. For Necro I could imagine to have the following trees.

Minions/Totems
-Keeping the golems, skellis and revives
-one Totems which buffs nearby minions
-a hydra kind of skill, but with an eye which cast small novas dealing mag damage

Melee Skills (Staffs)
-instead of another dagger/scythe melee skill for necro we could give him some melee staff skills
-a bounce skill like in median
-a groundslam kinda skill which cracks the floor and have skulls coming out attack nearby monsters
-another groundslam skill which would cast cause magic spike to emerge
a simple skill which cause monsters to be cursed and spread like rabies psn

Caster
-CE skills for one part as you said
-PSN skills for the other part

Cheers
AlphA

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:39 am

Howdy, let's see what we can do:

Amazon: I don't think a "passive" tree is required. Avoid, penetrate, Crit, Eagle Eye, Valk & Decoy are useful, the rest not so much. Perhaps call it "Battle Prowess" and add further skills that will help with hardpoints/softpoints equally (some soft, others hard).
e.g.
- "Swiftness": passive Runspeed %, amazon should be fast, cuz agility keeps her alive. Should scale with softpoints. "
- Valhalla's Blessing": temporary massive buff to attack speed & Attack Rating - primarily Hardpoint based - perhaps long timer?

Bow: Legendary & Guided is a waste. Why not keep one, but make the other some sort of
"Odin's Wrath": Shoot an arrow with Massive ED and high elemental Damage. Thing is - only once every X seconds
"Awareness": Some sort of "jump" or "short range blink" that enhances the next attack with elemental or flat damage
"Destruction": Attacks reduces enemy physical resistance by %

Spear: Spear skills are fine. However I think you could reduce the amount of elemental throwing skills by 1 (e.g. remove 1 element) and add a skill like
"Havoc": Release a flurry of javelins that drain Mana every second. Kind of like the druid/sorc skill but with physical rather than magical damage.
"Demise": Release a nova of Javelins" - the amount depends on hardpoints. E.g. at lvl 1, 4 Javelins, +1(or 2) per Hardpoint up to a maximum of 32.

Assassin: Great shape. Perhaps a few more throwing knife skills. I would also make a very distinct flavor here, meaning the option to burst enemies quickly, or spread venom/burn slowly, but efficiently.
"Cutthroat": Increases %DS&critical - increases with hardpoints only
"Silent Death": Medium Range Blink that needs to target a single enemy and deals massive (elemental/physical/poison/magical?) damage
"Arousal": Every death of an enemy refills +X hp. Kinda like LaeK but with bigger values.

Barbarian: Nothing more to add. He is a beast and rightfully so - wouldn't change anything here, except perhaps add a synergy between whirlwind and berserk.
1 More tweak perhaps: Currently the barb has a set path for WW. Would it be possible to change it, so you can change directions smoothly? Like in D3, where you can change the angle mid-WW and he moves in a different direction?

Druid: Add "Elemental Mastery" that boosts Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage. Even if this is weaker than the Sorc version (probably a lot), it could still help balancing the druid more efficiently.
Other than that he's my 2nd favorite ES char.

Necro: Skellies, masteries, revives and golems are fine. I hate mages/vampires. To me it seems they deal zero dmg whatsoever. What would be nice is a skill like "corpse" that just spawns (one or more) corpses (works with softpoints up to maximum 6-10). This way you don't need another skills to raise your army of undead. Furthermore you can use "Rip" mod or other means (CE hehehe).
Additionally I would beef golem damage. I know they're supposed to be primary tanks, but currently they die insanely quickly to endgame content and have next to no killpower at /p8.

A few more ideas:
Bonespear/frozen Spear releases multiple missiles on higher skilllevel (every 4-6 hardpoints?)
Same for Bonespirit
Drastically increase range of Hell's Gate. Perhaps lower damage a little if so.
Curses: Remove Iron Maiden, Terror, Dim Vision, replace with. e.g.
- Decay: Targets a group (or single) enemy/minion who releases poisonous clouds and slows enemies caught in the mist.
- Fervor: Cast on friendly minions to drastically increase their (e.g. damage, elemental damage, attack speed, crushing blow, deadly strike ...) for a short period of time. Hardpoints increase duration.
- Earth's Will: Shakes the ground, slows all enemies and reduces their life by a %. Percentage increases by Hardpoints - long timer.

Additional idea:
- Awakening: Cast to massively increase attackspeed & lifesteal & idk on Necromancer. Using this skill disables summons.

Paladin: I think sacred piercer and arrow of confession are garbage. Change them to e.g.
- Splitshot: Arrow that splits when impacting on an enemy and splits into 2 fragments. Can split a maximum of x times. Increases with hardpoints. Physical dmg. (or splits into more arrows on hardpoints)
- Trinity: Arrow that pierces & Deals tri-elemental dmg, converts to 100% elemental (= no manaleech). Similar to Vengeance. High Manacost

Tweaks: Bear Summon turned into Angel or sth. similar. PfE knocks back ALL enemies, but lower chance to know back. E.g. 33/50/75 respectively.
Protection from Cold/fire/lightning should be skills used only by summons. they're useless on the pala. Combine them to "Divine Protection" and add magicresist & Poison resist. Lower Values obviously.
2 Spots open now for e.g.:
- "Lord's Grace": Spawns 3 Crosses circling around the paladin for X-Amount of time that damage enemies close by with magic/elemental/poison...?! dmg.
- "Divine Judgement": Flashes to Enemy target and releases a nova that reduces elemental/physical resistance of enemies. Hardpoints increase reduction, softpoints reduce timer.

Sorceress:
- Ice Blast spawns multiple Missiles on higher level.
- Remove Lightning Hydra, replace with e.g. "Shock": Shoots a short/medium ranged triangular Beam of concentrated electrical energy.
- Remove Blaze & Meteor Shower: replace with e.g.
"carousel": Engulfs the sorceress in flames and constantly burns enemies around her for a period of time.
"grenade": Lob a Ball that detonates on impact, shooting multiple fragments in random direction from point of impact.

Furthermore I would love the Idea to add +x to Icedmg and +x to lightning damage on melee attacks if points are added to lightning/ice mastery. This would strengthen the melee sorc.
If Flat damage is too op, adding %dmg (only if that dmg source is currently equipped), like Median does, works too.

Hope that helps :-)

Cheers
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Aught
Champion of the Light
Russia

Post by Aught » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:31 pm

Hej,

Thanks for your great effort <3 Amazon and sorc are ended already but i'll answer to some things anyway/
Should scale with softpoints.
We wanna get rid of soft-point skills and especially passives as much as possible. So i make almost all passives to be viable and useful only via hard points.
"Odin's Wrath": Shoot an arrow with Massive ED and high elemental Damage. Thing is - only once every X seconds
"Awareness": Some sort of "jump" or "short range blink" that enhances the next attack with elemental or flat damage
"Destruction": Attacks reduces enemy physical resistance by %
Can do this as oskills later, looks good. Tho afaik we didnt enable phys/mag pierce in the code but its no prob.
"Havoc": Release a flurry of javelins that drain Mana every second. Kind of like the druid/sorc skill but with physical rather than magical damage.
"Demise": Release a nova of Javelins" - the amount depends on hardpoints. E.g. at lvl 1, 4 Javelins, +1(or 2) per Hardpoint up to a maximum of 32.
Same here xD
"Cutthroat":
We have this on ama already and assa claws but can do with other effect for throw weaps.
"Silent Death": Medium Range Blink
We already planned 7 blinks for all chars and one such is included ;)
Barbarian:
I'll add a bunch of good stuff here like new warcries and throwing skills.
Currently the barb has a set path for WW. Would it be possible to change it, so you can change directions smoothly?
Afaik no way, its controlled by server function. But i'll try to do smth with this.
Druid:
Will have full working summon tree to be effective summoner and shapeshifting tree, will look into spells also.
Necro:
My favor :mrgreen: so it will be reworked as well with new summons, melee staff tree, spell tree and probably corpse tree (branch of skill using corpses)
A few more ideas:
Bonespear/frozen Spear releases multiple missiles on higher skilllevel (every 4-6 hardpoints?)
We gonna insect some Path of Exile features so many of one-missile skills could have more projectiles via items, chain skills can chain more etc

Such things like curses and paladin auras will be spreaded between all chars and oskills. No more pala with 20 auras :cry:
Fervor:
Planned for necro
Earth's Will:
Kinda Tremor from Median :mrgreen: will try kind of this tho we cant use static field for such mixing, it can be prob
Awakening: Cast to massively increase attackspeed & lifesteal & idk on Necromancer. Using this skill disables summons.
Planned such things, on necro or druid
Paladin: I think sacred piercer and arrow of confession are garbage. Change them to e.g.
- Splitshot:
We already have Splitshot on sorc xbow tree :mrgreen:

I will upload a video with new ama/sorc skills soon i think.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:14 am

Thanks for your Feedback! Sounds great, can't wait what else you people came up with

€dit:
If you need more ideas for skills (oskill, passive, or that fits a certain theme) I'll gladly help
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Aught
Champion of the Light
Russia

Post by Aught » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:57 pm

skogstrollet

Post by skogstrollet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Any way to make skills obtainable within the game, say by using a consumable you learn X skill? Would be cool to have the option to customzie ones char alot more.
Just a thought=)

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 pm

Yes, I have something similar. You consume an item to gain access to a skill on the tab. You still need to invest a skill point in it though to actually use the skill.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Return to “Eastern Sun Rises”