Is it me or is the Crafting broken.......?

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

No votes

Total votes: 0

Forbidden69

Is it me or is the Crafting broken.......?

Post by Forbidden69 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:34 pm

I want to get off on the right foot here.. :x ..... lol

I must commend you on one hell of a Mod!! Your creativity is top notch! :D

WELL DONE !! :!:

I love the skill system and affinities. You have given the game Massive amounts of Replay and just about ENDLESS Builds !! ;)

/e tips hat.

I have been enjoying your mod for countless days now, and in act one I tried your item crafting in game, to no avail, I could not get anything to " Stick" .. lol

I have "x amount" of quintessence needed available and it is on a weapon with a weapon Crafting Imbue. I have met all that is needed to enchant the weapon, I only get " 1 durability every 100 seconds" on the first try... " 50 Seconds" on the second try, and "33 seconds" on the third.

I waited till act 3 and tried this again with a different, Higher lvl Item, all above applied again... no change.

If anyone can comfirm this, I would appreciate it!

I am excited to go further with this mod, just have the feeling Item crafting will be very important in the Higher lvls.

Thanks again for taking the time to address this. Once again, Well done on the Mod!!

I rate the portion I have played a True " 10" ~!~

EDIT: I almost forgot to ask ....

I have made myself quite the little army to play the game with :) .. 4 skellie lvl6, 4 skellie mages lvl6,1 blood Golem lvl3, and 1 oak sage lvl4 and it is a ton of fun ... untill I get my next lvl up Mid-Battle and on lvl-up Everything I summoned DIES~ 8-O ~ as if I took the tome from my pack .. :( they just collapes .. and I am not far to follow, since I have no army to cover the masses I decided to take on ~ :twisted: .. lol

Can you let me know if this was intended or just an oversight... Thanks Again :cool:

Stay Safe! :twisted:

Forbidden69 :cool:
Last edited by Forbidden69 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frogemoth

Re: Is it me or is the Crafting broken.......?

Post by Frogemoth » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:59 pm

Glad you enjoy the mod so much, I haven't tested it yet myself :(

The bug with your army being decimated on level-up is a well known bug in D2, nothing related to the mod and I don't think the modmaker will be able to fix that, but you never know :D
Sam Carter (SG1): It took us fifteen years and three supercomputers to MacGyver a way to power the gate.

Forbidden69

Post by Forbidden69 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:09 pm

TY for the heads up on my decimated army.... :)

If you have not tried the mod yet ... Stop the Bus and Jump on !!

After a bit of Veiwing the ReadMe a few times everything fell into place.

The skill system is AWESOME and nothing short of it !!

ALL Aboard !! The Bus is leaving ! LMAO~!

Stay Safe !

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:05 pm

Forbidden69";p="335460" wrote:I want to get off on the right foot here.. :x ..... lol

I must commend you on one hell of a Mod!! Your creativity is top notch! :D

WELL DONE !! :!:

I love the skill system and affinities. You have given the game Massive amounts of Replay and just about ENDLESS Builds !! ;)

/e tips hat.
It's good to hear you like the mod :) I've been enjoying it more myself lately as testing gives me an excuse.
Forbidden69";p="335460" wrote:I have been enjoying your mod for countless days now, and in act one I tried your item crafting in game, to no avail, I could not get anything to " Stick" .. lol

I have "x amount" of quintessence needed available and it is on a weapon with a weapon Crafting Imbue. I have met all that is needed to enchant the weapon, I only get " 1 durability every 100 seconds" on the first try... " 50 Seconds" on the second try, and "33 seconds" on the third.

I waited till act 3 and tried this again with a different, Higher lvl Item, all above applied again... no change.

If anyone can comfirm this, I would appreciate it!

I am excited to go further with this mod, just have the feeling Item crafting will be very important in the Higher lvls.
I have heard of this problem from a few people. Basicaly the crafting always (or usualy) adding duribility repair, reguardless of the reagent used. I can't get it to break on my machine over here though :(

One thing you can try is to upgrade the CubeOps.dll I think the version in the archive is older, but I'm not certain of exactly when I updated mine localy. I hadn't been testing the crafting in a long time, as I've been working mostly on skills and the tome the last few versions. This bug may have been lurking for a while

Anyhow, you can find the new version of CubeOps.dll here. It's an easy upgrade, just pluck out the dll and drop in in the LotH(v) folder with the rest of the mod's goodies.

If this does work please let me know. It would be a great relief. If it's not the problem I have some major troubleshooting to do. :)
Forbidden69";p="335460" wrote: Thanks again for taking the time to address this. Once again, Well done on the Mod!!

I rate the portion I have played a True " 10" ~!~
Wow that's high praise indeed :) Hopefully future versions will continue to impress.
Forbidden69";p="335460" wrote:EDIT: I almost forgot to ask ....

I have made myself quite the little army to play the game with :) .. 4 skellie lvl6, 4 skellie mages lvl6,1 blood Golem lvl3, and 1 oak sage lvl4 and it is a ton of fun ... untill I get my next lvl up Mid-Battle and on lvl-up Everything I summoned DIES~ 8-O ~ as if I took the tome from my pack .. :( they just collapes .. and I am not far to follow, since I have no army to cover the masses I decided to take on ~ :twisted: .. lol

Can you let me know if this was intended or just an oversight... Thanks Again :cool:

Stay Safe! :twisted:

The summoned critter death thing is definitely not intended, and is very annoying. It's going to require code editing to fix though. I'm not really qualified to fix it yet.

What's happening I believe is that on level up the game goes and recalculates your skill levels, starting on the character and then looking at items that grant skills. Since your "innate" skill level 0 it destroys your buddies before it sees that you are getting the skills from the tome.

Anyhow as Frogemoth said, it's a known problem for a lot of skill item based mods. Still I do hope to fix it someday as it can easily get a summoner killed.

In the mean time be cautious when you are near the end of a level, and make sure you always have a back up plan. Grab a damage or escape skill or something :)

-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

Forbidden69

Post by Forbidden69 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:04 am

Ok, here is your update .....

I returned to game and installed the new DLL as instructed. I tried to add fire to my previously elixered weapon, as well as add strength to my previously elixered chest piece.. it was a no-go here .. just brought my durability down to 25s now instead of 33s ... :(

I figured I would try a NEW piece I had on, I went with my shield and tried to add +1% to block... I tried this 4 times... this too, now has durablility over 25s :(

Sorry to break this to you.. as i was Hopeful for a remedy as well . Let me know if there is anything else I might try to Help you move this along as well as ease my woes.... lol ;)
Stay Safe!!

Forbidden69

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:28 am

Thank you for testing that for me, thank you for the specific information too. The Fire damage put me on the trail finally :) Especially when i noticed that poison damage did work. I think I managed to find and fix it.

We'll see though, there may be other problems still; but at least now I have an idea what to look for. I should have it all working next release.

Thanks again, looks like I'll have to add you to the credits Forbidden69 ;)
-Quatl

It seems that when I removed the rep-dur reagent item from misc.txt, without disabling the recipes that included it, I hosed every recipe that came after those in cubemain.txt that tested the quintessence stat. So any craft recipe beyond that point was some how "stuck" with rep-dur as it's modifier. Not the behavior I would have expected at all.

In particular I find it odd that the modifier from the broken recipes was carried over onto the functional recipes farther down.

If my theory is correct the only mods which should work for you guys at the moment are:
[edit: changed property names into English names so non-modders can help ]
Poison Damage
Resist Lightning
Absorb Poison
Hand to Hand AC
Faster Hit Recovery
Mana Steal
Crushing Blow
Extra Gold from Monsters
Vitality
Damage AC
Attackers Take Damage of X (Thorns)
To Hit Undead

That's a pretty short list :( If anyone feels like helping confirm this list I'd appreciate it. In particular let me know if any other properties do work.
Last edited by Quatl on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.

Fallacy

Post by Fallacy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:05 am

Just picked up this mod, very pleased initially, not too pleased to hear the crafting is borked, but I'll just wait until it's fixed. I was reading a few of the other threads, and some things I'd like to mention:

You do mention the durability system is tedious, and I agree. I bring this up because of another tedium: keys. I've been playing as an "Assassin" (graphically, at least, I suppose - I have Critical Strike, Claw Mastery, Dodge, and Amplify Damage (at level 3) as is) pretty much solely for the ability to not bother with keys. I think all classes should get this ability (or simply remove locked chests) as keys aren't expensive, hard to find, or otherwise anything but a time and inventory space waster. I'd rather have a small charm.

I'd also like to see some people discuss their character builds, everything seems so wide open - it may even be worth including a few extra skills points to play with. It seems like at least one fun character would be to pick a few attack forms, and add in things like Burst of Speed, Natural Resistance, Find Item et cetera - I always loved Find Item, but I hate having to play a Barbarian to get it. Heh.

I haven't played past the Blood Moor yet as I decided to see what kinds of discussions were involved in the mod - do monster immunities still exist? I didn't see any mention of them being removed. I suppose, theoretically, they add difficulty, just not a sort I normally find enjoyable. I'm not sure how your other players feel. I would not have minded immunities if they were realistically removable, but unless you made some severe changes to them, they really aren't.

Hm...another fun idea - take several fire skills between all classes and use Magefist. Hee. Sure, it's a minor boost, but I just like the idea of a dedicated pyromancer. Of course, this would be silly to pursue with immunities around. D'oh! Still, the concept of an Assassin gladly putting on a +2 Druid skill Amulet for the boost to their Armageddon...heh.

Anyhow, I'll be eagerly watching for a fix to crafting so I can begin to really dig in.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:08 pm

Fallacy";p="336326" wrote:Just picked up this mod, very pleased initially, not too pleased to hear the crafting is borked, but I'll just wait until it's fixed. I was reading a few of the other threads, and some things I'd like to mention:
I'm not too happy about the crafting being borked either :)
Fallacy";p="336326" wrote:You do mention the durability system is tedious, and I agree. I bring this up because of another tedium: keys. I've been playing as an "Assassin" (graphically, at least, I suppose - I have Critical Strike, Claw Mastery, Dodge, and Amplify Damage (at level 3) as is) pretty much solely for the ability to not bother with keys. I think all classes should get this ability (or simply remove locked chests) as keys aren't expensive, hard to find, or otherwise anything but a time and inventory space waster. I'd rather have a small charm.
I agree keys are a bit annoying. Unfortunately banishing keys from the game looks a bit involved. It's going on my list of things to investigate though :)
Fallacy";p="336326" wrote: I'd also like to see some people discuss their character builds, everything seems so wide open - it may even be worth including a few extra skills points to play with. It seems like at least one fun character would be to pick a few attack forms, and add in things like Burst of Speed, Natural Resistance, Find Item et cetera - I always loved Find Item, but I hate having to play a Barbarian to get it. Heh.
I'd love to hear about builds too! Maybe you should start a thread about this.
Fallacy";p="336326" wrote:I haven't played past the Blood Moor yet as I decided to see what kinds of discussions were involved in the mod - do monster immunities still exist? I didn't see any mention of them being removed. I suppose, theoretically, they add difficulty, just not a sort I normally find enjoyable. I'm not sure how your other players feel. I would not have minded immunities if they were realistically removable, but unless you made some severe changes to them, they really aren't.
Yes Immunes still pop up, with certain monster types it's more likely in LotH for uniques to gain an immunity or two.

I'm still debating the relative merits of immunities and resistances in general. They are a bit clumsy as a balance mechanism. LotH does make it easier to have alternative attack forms though, and you should try to have an extra trick or two to bring out in different situations.
Fallacy";p="336326" wrote: Hm...another fun idea - take several fire skills between all classes and use Magefist. Hee. Sure, it's a minor boost, but I just like the idea of a dedicated pyromancer. Of course, this would be silly to pursue with immunities around. D'oh! Still, the concept of an Assassin gladly putting on a +2 Druid skill Amulet for the boost to their Armageddon...heh.

Anyhow, I'll be eagerly watching for a fix to crafting so I can begin to really dig in.
Pyromancer does sound fun :) You will want an extra trick or two for the occasional fire immune. This will work even better after the next release, as the skills have been restructured a bit.

+skill mods don't (well shouldn't) exist in LotH. (mechanically they don't work in your favor.) However I've toyed with the idea of adding small +affinity bonuses to the game, which is pretty much the same thing. I'm concerned that they are too powerful though so we'll see based on how my experiments turn out.

-Quatl

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”