Installation problem.

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

No votes

Total votes: 0

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Installation problem.

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:51 pm

Hey there, this mod sounds really neat (like one of my dream mods), but, alas, I can't seem to install it correctly. I followed all the directions, and after I copied D2Mod and the .bat file into my d2 directory, it says that it can't find the necessary .dll. If I try and run it, I get a violation error (from running d2, that is).

Any idea what's wrong?

CD
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: Installation problem.

Post by Quatl » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:45 pm

Usually this is caused by using the wrong version of D2, D2Mod only works with Diablo II 1.10(final) and does require that you have the expansion installed as well. Note also that obviously the mod will not work on the mac, as it uses code edit plugins.

If you are sure that you have the correct version of Diablo II, you can try copying D2gfx.dll and d2mod.dll from the loth(v) folder to the Diablo II directory.

If you are updated to 1.11b you'll either have to reinstall and repatch to 1.10 or use a mod launching utility that can handle multiple versions of D2. There are a couple of these utilities here in the file section of the 'keep. There's a link in the FAQ post in this forum to the right section.

So far when ever anyone has had this type of issue, it's been a version conflict. So I'm pretty confident that that's the trouble you're having. I've had a number of folks swear they had 1.10 installed, and then tell me that reinstalling and patching to 1.10 did in fact make it work properly. So check even if you're sure :)

If trying that doesn't help, send me a PM with the contents of your most recent log file (the FAQ has details about this if you don't know what I mean) And I'll try and see if I can figure out the problem for you.

If it does work, please let post an update here though. Just so I know all is well.
-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:35 pm

That worked, but now I get an error when entering the game. I created a new character, and right before it shows the loading screen, I get this error:

Assertion Failure
Expression: pbData

CD

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:25 pm

Which thing did you try, did you just move the dlls or did you reinstall the whole thing? If you've got a mixed set of files with some from 1.11 and just d2gfx.dll from 1.10 it won't work properly.

Also make sure that the "start in" folder of the shortcut is pointing to the LotH(v) directory, and that the path is correct. Especially if your D2 install is not in "c:\program files\diablo II\"

-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:07 am

Okay, so I just copied and pasted the d2gfx.dll from the LotH folder in there, and it seems almost like regular D2. A weird skill tree, no tome or anything starting... I just started with a scroll of identify, a weapon and shield, and scroll of TP.

I don't think this is right. :-|

CD

EDIT: Well, after I copied+pasted the d2gfx.dll, I had to install the mod again. I did, but then I got the error again when creating a character. *sighs*

EDIT2: Adhin helped me out. I used a part of PlugY.exe and edited your PlugY.ini. Am I supposed to start with anything other than a scroll of identify and tp?

PlugY is definitely working now though. :)

EDIT3: PlugY is working, and I've got a different background, so some of your stuff must be working. Is there something wrong with the download? I had the mirrored one.

EDIT4: FINALLY GOT IT! Had to use the download in the Keep's filecenter, not your mirrored one. I had edited your .ini so all I have to do is run PlugY.exe (not d2mod) and the game starts. I had to copy and paste your files other than PlugY.ini from the keep's download and overwrite the old ones. Alright, now time to start playing. ;)
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:46 pm

Glad to hear you got it working. :) Sorry you had a hard time getting started, but I hope you enjoy the mod.

-Quatl

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:47 am

I've had some troubles too...
I just copied every file (but the folders) from lothV folder to diablo folder, it worked like a charm for me.

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”