How's it going?

Information and updates for the "Legacy of the Horadrim" mod by quatl. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Quatl

No votes

Total votes: 0

DarknessBR

How's it going?

Post by DarknessBR » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:39 am

Hi, I've recently found this mod, and I'm quite impressed by the variety of builds and such that can be made on it. I'm currently waiting for a newer version, specially to be able to use the crafiting system properly... is the mod still being developed? It looks like the 1.6A version has been released in 2006... that's why I'm asking that. Thanks in advance.
I can see what you see not. Vision milky then eyes rot.
When you turn they will be gone, whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be, shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind, cast down into the Halls of the Blind.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: How's it going?

Post by Quatl » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:29 am

I'm still working on it, but slowly. My weekdays are gone now (9 hours of work and a 2 hour commute each way) So I don't have the time I used to have.

I thought about releasing an interim version (I already fixed the crafting) but the skills are a bit dysfunctional at the moment. Some more so than others. Certain skills/builds will still be screwy for some time. I also made some major changes to some basic aspects of the game and I'm not certain of the mechanics.

Is anyone interested in a semi-busted preview release? If there's interest I'll try to get something together for you folks.

-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

DarknessBR

Post by DarknessBR » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:16 am

I'm glad to see you're still around... and I'm certainly interested. Once I installed it, I've spread this mod to a few friends, and we sometimes play it together :)

Regarding the 1.6A version, I've found minor bugs, like the whirlwind skill (which I can't learn at all, even on barbarian), item prices and some prefixes/suffixes on jewelry that doesn't help at all... not sure if I should post them here, though.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9326/imagemcu5.jpg
(probably so *cheap* due to the -% movement thing)

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9303/imagem2bh2.jpg
(this one is funny, lol)

I also have a suggestion for the crafting system... I've read on another topic that only a few items would be working, so I was using mainly the "poison damage" on the weapons. Imagine having to put 100 items on the cube, you put one, then combine, than put another... hehe...

...maybe there could be a cube recipe allowing you to put multiples of that, like 10 of the same item, to produce a 10x higher effect on that combination.

Or, a item with 10 charges of of that (of course, 10 times stronger). Would be even easier to combine in the end...

Both of those alternatives have the same result in the end, only 10 times faster... :)
Last edited by DarknessBR on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quatl
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Quatl » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:49 pm

DarknessBR";p="349964" wrote:... I've found minor bugs ... not sure if I should post them here, though...
Reporting bugs in the forum is good :)
DarknessBR";p="349964" wrote: http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9303/imagem2bh2.jpg
(this one is funny, lol)
Nice! :) heheh
DarknessBR";p="349964" wrote: I also have a suggestion for the crafting system... I've read on another topic that only a few items would be working, so I was using mainly the "poison damage" on the weapons. Imagine having to put 100 items on the cube, you put one, then combine, than put another... hehe...

...maybe there could be a cube recipe allowing you to put multiples of that, like 10 of the same item, to produce a 10x higher effect on that combination.

Or, a item with 10 charges of of that (of course, 10 times stronger). Would be even easier to combine in the end...

Both of those alternatives have the same result in the end, only 10 times faster... :)
It is a bit tedious. You used to be able to add things by 5s but I took out the x5 recipes to make my life easier (fixing and breaking things ;) ) and forgot to ever put them back in. It was still pretty monotonous as I recall, dropping 5 reagents in ... click ... drop 5 more ... click... Making "big" reagents or a multiplier item might be a better option.

Thanks for reminding me that this is annoying, I'll think about this some more and figure out the best way to implement this.

-Quatl
Legacy of the Horadrim: Have a taste, contains a full days supply of 0 esential vitamins and minerals.
The Mod-Makeing Trinity: Tutorials|File Guides|Search

DarknessBR

Post by DarknessBR » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:32 pm

I've played a bit more today, and finally realised that there're no charms. Is this intended? I haven't found anything about it on the readme.

BTW, I'm playing with an edited experience.bin to set the XP rate to 3x :P so I can rush and keep a good level. The XP table and the max level of the mod is the same of the original D2, right?

Another thing that I've noticed is that the unique items haven't been changed... right now, Unique weapons don't have the +Mastery, and unique armors don't have -% Speed or Damage Reduction, for example. Although I've seen that on next version, weapons won't have the Mastery, so it's not a problem at all.

So, I don't really think that uniques are good at all, specially because they can't have the +bonuses based on affinity. I mean, my chest armor gives me like +150 dex because of my Alacrity (which is higher than 60%)...

My shared stash is full of unique items, but most of them aren't worth using. I know it's a pain to edit unique items and all, but would be cool to have this someday. You're using the standard unique items? Maybe I could try editing them, don't know... but I'd need to know the possible prefixes/sufixes that are on the mod.

Another reason to edit uniques is that some of them are still giving +Class skill levels...

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3241/imagemms2.jpg

EDIT: Set items... I forgot them. Haven't picked any, too. Is it ok? Maybe set items could all be edited... so each set would benefit a specific Afinity. For example, Prowess set, Alacrity Set, etc... each item would give a single increase based on that stat, and the set bonuses would give even more. Although they'd end up being overpowered, I guess :D

Providing they're hard to get, I think it could be allright.

EDIT2: Another minor bug... I got this item from Anya's quest:

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/3402/imagem2qq6.jpg

Level 4 Bash, I guess I'll never use that :D
Last edited by DarknessBR on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Legacy of the Horadrim”