4 November.20 Years of Diablo.New Diablo?

Feel free to chat about anything unrelated to Diablo II and modmaking, just keep it legal :-) Please keep the spamming down though.

Moderators: AdiTT, Kardon

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

4 November.20 Years of Diablo.New Diablo?

Post by prodigypm » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:18 pm

There are tons and by tons I mean hellofalot xD speculations about a new diablo game/remake coming in this year's blizzcon.What do you guys think it should be?
Are you gonna buy it if its Diablo related? Are you freaking excited? Can your brain/stomach bear more diablo after all these years?

In conclusion I personally will watch this online and Im anticipating it like a child.A lot of people are rumoring this blizzcon to be Diablo's special that people haven't seen in a lot of years.
With that said I prepared my self for this overhype with some patience and a lot for net researching.All leads to remake/newgame - The question is , are they hiding it so good all this time or nothing is yet done and they are just gonna announce it?

Share your thoughts guys Im interested to hear do you care about this years blizz event.
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Re: 4 November.20 Years of Diablo.New Diablo?

Post by Doub » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:02 pm

I do believe that they will create something but im not that excited because im not excited for mainstream titles in general :)
I dont think its going to have any unique features, i think its going to be just another game to appeal to as many ppl as possible. It will look good and play well as all Blizzard's games but its going to be another linar experience is my guess.
On the other hand if it can be modded then the modding community will do its magic as always. Modding communities are what have kept so many games alive.

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:51 am

I only can think about another addon for Diablo 3.
Actually i don't think that it will happen and i also think that they won't release any new/remaked Diablo.

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:56 am

Doub" wrote:I do believe that they will create something but im not that excited because im not excited for mainstream titles in general :)
I dont think its going to have any unique features, i think its going to be just another game to appeal to as many ppl as possible. It will look good and play well as all Blizzard's games but its going to be another linar experience is my guess.
On the other hand if it can be modded then the modding community will do its magic as always. Modding communities are what have kept so many games alive.
Can I ask you a simple question then? Why are you fan of Diablo 2 - its linear , it appeled many people upon release , it was mainstream.
+Diablo 2 is a game that stole its features from 3-5 other games.Modding doesn't make games better.It makes for a good mod on a game thats ALREADY GOOD.Thats why bad games doesn't have mods - not worth it. :D
J'P" wrote:I only can think about another addon for Diablo 3.
Actually i don't think that it will happen and i also think that they won't release any new/remaked Diablo.
Ouch , I wont buy another expansion thats for sure. :( :( :(
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Jeewdew
Paladin

Post by Jeewdew » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:09 am

Didn't they say a few years back that D3 was the end of the era? That the story was complete?
I'm pretty sure I saw this somewhere, that Diablo was now a brand of the old Gods, like Battle.net is.
I don't think it'll be anything like that, they upped D2 with a patch and that'll be the end of that, by all hopes, you'll get a HD version of D2 and LoD like they did with Heroes 3, but that'll be the total hype worth it. ;P

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:58 am

First of all im not a fan. That word means nothing to me.

Stole, means nothing to me as well. Its even more stupid to debate who stole what from who.

When D2 was first released i didnt play it. I played first time D2 around 2008-2009. But i played tonz of Diablo 1 on Playstation 1 as a kid.
I dont play Diablo 2 vanilla. I dont think its good for today's standards. A couple years ago i played Sacred Worlds and i think that its waayy better than Diablo 2 (Sacred Worlds cant be modded though).
Things i really like about Diablo 2 is the Classes' art style, they are detailed, unique and well made. I like the movement, the way they run, cast spells etc. I like Act4 :)

I disagree, if the tools are provided, i think the modding community can do miracles for any game.

bleedingapathy
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by bleedingapathy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:02 pm

after d3 mess I don't know if I can trust blizzard with making another diablo since the 3rd is a steaming pile of horse {filtered}. the expansion helped d3 but in the long run you really cant play it for very long before you get extreamly bored.

Jeewdew
Paladin

Post by Jeewdew » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:55 pm

bleedingapathy" wrote:after d3 mess I don't know if I can trust blizzard with making another diablo since the 3rd is a steaming pile of horse {filtered}. the expansion helped d3 but in the long run you really cant play it for very long before you get extreamly bored.
Not only does it get boring, but after the first runthrough that game kinda dies... All that farming that goes into that game is ridiculous (spelled?)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:48 am

Jeewdew" wrote:
bleedingapathy" wrote:after d3 mess I don't know if I can trust blizzard with making another diablo since the 3rd is a steaming pile of horse {filtered}. the expansion helped d3 but in the long run you really cant play it for very long before you get extreamly bored.
Not only does it get boring, but after the first runthrough that game kinda dies... All that farming that goes into that game is ridiculous (spelled?)
Gonna tell you both that the gameplay of D3 is pretty much superior in anyway.Key mechanics from D2 are missing , the aspect where you stop to farm because you cant continue , the itemisation is horible. All that aside D3 is better. But it will never hurt my pocket if I see a D4 announcement

raisen02

Post by raisen02 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:23 am

A few buddies(including me) here got excited with few Diablo 4 hints last year until it is clear it will not happen anytime soon. Seeing the release dates, the year interval of releases is high. I still remember the day dad brought her our new jeep the same day I heard about the game 20 years ago and these two fills my childhood. Been working on the jeep for a while (installing the Smittybilt stuff) and thinking(hoping) David Brevik and Bill Loper would somehow help work on D4 soon.

Return to “Off-Topic”