New Set Ideas

Information and updates for the New Dawn and North Star mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: 54x

No votes

Total votes: 0

Griffinheart

New Set Ideas

Post by Griffinheart » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:13 am

HA, 54X (and the rest of the New Dawn Staff)! You said no one reads through the entire read me, but I did! In it somewhere (not sure where, I skimmed fast, looking for cube recipes:D) you asked for new set ideas...I didn't find anywhere, however, where you told us to stop... :)

Here's my idea for a set:

"Division of the Tribe"

Martial Discipline- Ring
15% increased damage, 20% increased attack speed, 20% crushing blow, 30% open wounds, 7% life leach, +10 magic damage

Nature's Affinity- Ring
Slows target by 20%, +1-50 fire damage, +1-50 cold damage, +1-50 lightning damage, 5% life leach, 5% mana leach, 56 charges lvl 8 Raven

Bul-Katho's Choice- Amulet
+1 all skills, 20% increased life, 15% faster attack speed, 25% chance to cast lvl 9 Hydra when struck, 100% chance to cast lvl 7 Charged Bolt when struck (+2 skills as one of the set bonuses)

Fiacla-Gẻar's Decision- Amulet
+1 all skills, 15% faster cast, +30% resist all, 25% chance to cast lvl 9 Armageddon when struck, 100% chance to cast lvl 7 Twister when struck (+2 skills as one of the set bonuses)

And, then some set bonuses...yadda yadda.

I know what you're thinking...two amulets! You can't wear the whole set! But, that's the point...the set represents how a part of the berzerker tribe split off to become the shamans. You make a decision of whether you side with the shamans or beserkers.

The partial set bonuses for three pieces would be similar to the full set bonuses of other sets (so, you're not losing anything by "not having the complete set").

Tell me what you think. 8) (Another set in the works, for better or worse)
"I exist!" the hologram cried.
This time, Cassie turned from her computer. She stared James in the eye and sentenced, "Only because I brought you into existence! That makes me your god...And I am a vengeful god."

Excerpt from "A Soul Underfoot" by Griffinheart (that's me)

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:33 am

The man deserves a medal. I congratulate you on reading the entire readme :mrgreen:

I don't really need more set ideas now though, but thanks anyway :)
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

Griffinheart

Post by Griffinheart » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:00 pm

:( I feel so used...

But, oh, well. I'll get over it (as long as there's a new version soon)!

P.S. Sorry for the signature text, copied and pasted bad.
This time, Cassie turned from her computer. She stared James in the eye and sentenced, "Only because I brought you into existence! That makes me your god...And I am a vengeful god."

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:20 am

There should be a new version quite soon. k? :)
New Dawn (X)
North Star

Griffinheart

Post by Griffinheart » Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:13 am

I know...You promised a new version...and we're waiting patiently. :)

God speed and thanks for making the best mod anywhere.

P.S. This almost seems like our private message board, 54x. No one else posts here ;)

MasterMind

Post by MasterMind » Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:16 pm

I psot sometimes.

Anyway, we need some sort of secret exp areas - just played acients mod and secret tunnels now kick 455 :) :) :) :) :) :)
All your mind shall belong to us!

Griffinheart

Post by Griffinheart » Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:12 pm

Well, I guess this post is dead now that no new sets are needed :D

But, what do you mean by secret experience areas?

Blaza
Paladin

Post by Blaza » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:39 am

I think he means like how the AR mod has a 99 level dungeon in the Blood Raven area. You can go there in the beginning of the game but you won't be strong enough to beat it until the end of the difficulty. I think it's a good idea and you should include something like that in NS. Kinda like a cow level but better.

MasterMind

Post by MasterMind » Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:35 pm

You got the idea. But realy in A:TFW the secret tunnels have plenty of easy monsters that give tons of exp. It's just too good. Don't make it so good in NDX or NS.
All your mind shall belong to us!

Blaza
Paladin

Post by Blaza » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:54 pm

For a new set there should be a set of 4 or so charms. Rare but powerful. Can it be done?

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:31 am

*chuckles*

We had something like that way before, but it eventually started causing bugs so I dropped it.

It had drops like NDX has now, except back then drops were otherwise largely unaltered :)

Was quite cool.
New Dawn (X)
North Star

Return to “New Dawn & North Star”