General Questions

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

General Questions

Post by Doub » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Since there isnt such a topic i did one so that people dont make new topics all the time.

My question is: are there monsters with immunities in this mod? and if yes, then at what rate. For example there is a mod where Baal is immune to physical, which i personally find absurd.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Re: General Questions

Post by Xaphan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:44 pm

There is no immunities in the mod. Exeption are mosters that have enchantments like (Fire enchanted, Lighning enchanted and some others) because these affix add resists to thems. This is however something that will probably be removed (the resists, not the affixes !) because it will lead to issues for sure in high difficulties.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:07 pm

I cant play games if i dont know the mechanics firsts. so..
I dont remember if i asked this before, if i did i apologise. But i would like to know what attributes give. Vitality, Might, Wisdom, Intelligence but also Strength, Dexterity and Energy.

broccoli

Post by broccoli » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Doub" wrote:I cant play games if i dont know the mechanics firsts. so..
That's an interesting philosophy. You can live without knowing the mechanics of life, right?
Doub" wrote:I dont remember if i asked this before, if i did i apologise. But i would like to know what attributes give. Vitality, Might, Wisdom, Intelligence but also Strength, Dexterity and Energy.
Take a leap of faith and start the game with a level 1 character. You enter the first area and there will be a book in front of you. Read it.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:12 pm

I dont need your random and mindless talk. philosopher.
I actually played and im level 9 but i skipped all that notes (thinking it was story or something). The last thing i want from a H&S is reading books, dialogues or whatever in-game. I just needed the pure info. Its one reason why one chooses to play H&S and not Planescape Torment.
I will pay attention to them from now on.

broccoli

Post by broccoli » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:13 pm

That's good.

You will also find the pure info you're looking for in other threads and in the features list of the mod.

The first book in the game talks about the stats and whatnot. As far as I know, all other books are story.

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:34 pm

I can understand your philosophy to a certain extent, I also like to know how things tick. It might also be a reason why I ended up being a scientist. However, in a mod this young which is still changing so fast making a complete documentation would be a waste of time. The first book explains the stats, IIRC there is another one explaining some stuff in the second town, but that's it. It convers monster charms and artefacts and so on, but not in plain text.

There will be more documentation later on, for now, enjoy the exploration. Any build you start will probably be a new one and absolutely unique. If you find useful information, feel free to share it here, so do we. :)

For the stats:
Vitality: Increases Life
Intelligence: Increases Mana
Wisdom: Increases Buff and Hex durations
Might: Increases Spell damage

Strength: Increases damage - how much is displayed on the weapons
Dexterity: Increases damage - how much is displayed on the weapons
Energy: Increases Mana regeneration

There are specialization skills which add new functions to some of the stats, like a general damage increase based on one of the stats. There's a LOT to find out. Enjoy the exploring.

Good to know:
Unique items are made from Souls which drop from Super Unique Monsters - the souls have a decription how to use them
The crafting system will change completely with 3.02, so if you want to skip it for now you should be OK
Rune Words are not listed in a single place, you will find runic scrolls which tell you about the runewords
Artifact recipes drop throughout the game - the list what you need and the stats you will get on them. Don't worry about missing them, if you pick them all up you will end up with multiple versions of each up to your current area.
To wear gear you need to raise your gear level, which you get from Path of Victory. It's increased by using fame which you get for killing monsters.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:30 pm

I will if i find something.
Currently i dont play it. I wait for the next version plus give a second chance to mods i didnt earlier.

griffithsenpai

Post by griffithsenpai » Thu May 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Hey guys,

I can't find the vitrue cave. Any tips? I've been lurking this forum for some years and this mod made me register an account! GREAT JOB. Kudos. Awesome.

The fifth quest appears as a '?' mark, and after I killed the triune's boss, I don't know where to find: The cathedral of light, "the vitrue cave noth (north? Because if it is north, there's no cave to go :p) to Kalinash... The rest must be pretty straightforward as the other quests.. But I'm stuck.

Pls help quick!

Thanks all in advance!

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu May 08, 2014 5:44 pm

This is a place many poeple seems to be stuck, that's why I am going to change it in next version.

Once you killed Simin, you have to find a secret passage in the wall to be able to continue to Kalinash. I'm going to change this so the path will no longer be hidden.

griffithsenpai

Post by griffithsenpai » Thu May 08, 2014 5:47 pm

I see.. Thanks. I did see some part of that map unexplored...

Well, I just created a game on multiplayer and refreshed my map. Let's see if I do it right this time.

I have 2 other friends playing your mod together, we're all addicted. Damn!

What a nice job. Thank you Xaphan!

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Xaphan please leave that Hidden Door,we don't have enough Quests forcing you to think anyway...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu May 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Hidden, doors can always be put at some others optionnal places (and probably will !) to reward the ones that found thems :)
The problem here is it is requiered to advance and many poeple already got lost because of this (+ the book in front of it wich is sometimes bugged and display wrong text instead of the one that is supposed to be a clue)

griffithsenpai

Post by griffithsenpai » Thu May 08, 2014 11:28 pm

Findind the hidden door was the easy part, the weird one was that the exit apparently did not load correctly... :p

Also, after I got the scroll to get cain, I had to exit the game. When I started it again the quest was saying that I'd have to get the scroll.... Even though I was at Toraja already lol

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri May 09, 2014 12:11 am

Yup I know why it doses that :) May be easy to fix, or maybe not ^^ will see.

griffithsenpai

Post by griffithsenpai » Sat May 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Is it possible that my "tome of fate" did not load at the cathedral too?

Killed the Smith and looted everything in there, but I don't see a tome. The whole map is explored this time! :P

Ok, it's a droppable item lol

I thought I had to read it like the molden tome :p

These "key items" have a chance to drop or a guaranteed drop from x monster?

Cause I just got one sacred key, but no key from the bottom guy :p

Edit: Sorry, just me spreading false information again <3
Last edited by griffithsenpai on Sat May 10, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sat May 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Tome of fate is looted by an other superunique monster in the Cathedral: Monk Astur. Check again, but it should drop it.

rebornn

Post by rebornn » Sun May 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Hey!
Excelent work on mod!

I have 3 questions :
- is it ok that with Plan:sorcery wand I crafted white item with 1 upgrade slot?
- Where is amazon Lagoon
- How to get to Temple of the Triune, I'm now at Kalinash and no idea where to go, all maps seems to be discovered

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Tue May 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Hello reborn! Welcome to the lRdO :)

1. All items come with an upgrade slot, upgrades can be purchased from a vendor. The item's quality depends on the essence that you use.
2. The Amazon Lagoon is located on the other side of Mont Arnazeus. That's the cave in the Outpost of the Amazons
3. You have to look for three Emblens (Earth, Heaven and Hell). When you have them, combine them in the cube. Then right click the resulting item to teleport to the Temple. The relics are located outside of Partha and Kalinash. In Kalinash's Jungle you find the Lair of the Fallens, that's where one of the emblems is. Another one is in Tulisan and the third one is in one of the two ancient tombs in the Forgotten Moor.

rebornn

Post by rebornn » Tue May 13, 2014 8:11 pm

Thanks I found 3rd element and I'm now at Temple.
1. Shouldn't it be a green item? White items drops a lot, so no idea why to craft it ^^

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 pm

I think I didn't understand your first question then. What exactly are you trying to craft?

Olinguito

Post by Olinguito » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:16 am

I have collected the 3 emblems, cube it, and give me the result emblem, but when i right-clicked nothing happens. i right clicked out of the cube. i don't know what to do.. can i go forward passing this quest?

Sorry for my english, sucks.

Thanks for the answer!

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:23 am

Sounds like you did everything right. What are the names of the Emblems you used and what's the name of the item you got? They should be:

Emblem of Fire
Emblem of Hell
Emblem of Heaven
----------------------------
I don't remember the last one. :D

@Xaphan, can you make this a sticky with a more precise title? I think this should be the place to ask short questions as the ones that were frequently posted in new threads during the last days.

vigilgt

Post by vigilgt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 am

quick question
is there a way to equip hireling? the hireling i got for free can't seem to equip items with a gear requirement, and leveling up won't change it?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:53 am

Hirelings should be able to equip anything (they have a hidden gear level, equal to their level).

I just tested and can equip mine. Try with one you have to buy or just let your die and rez him to see if that change anything.

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”