General Questions

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

vigilgt

Re: General Questions

Post by vigilgt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:12 am

Xaphan" wrote:Hirelings should be able to equip anything (they have a hidden gear level, equal to their level).

I just tested and can equip mine. Try with one you have to buy or just let your die and rez him to see if that change anything.
i restart the game, everything is fine now.
i guess the gear level didnt change with hirelings level right away.

as.69

Post by as.69 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi, i recently started this Mod and it looks pretty awesome...so first of all...thanks for your effort & time, Xephan! PLaying it from time to time when i need a break from D3 :lol:
Now my question:
- Is there a way to add sockets to rare items?
- Or change the amount of sockets of Set/Unique items? Because i sometimes get set items with 1 socket, next time i get the same item with 2 sockets...so i´m wondering if it is possible to change the items with 1 socket to 2 (or even more??) sockets.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:05 pm

as.69" wrote:Hi, i recently started this Mod and it looks pretty awesome...so first of all...thanks for your effort & time, Xephan! PLaying it from time to time when i need a break from D3 :lol:
Now my question:
- Or change the amount of sockets of Set/Unique items? Because i sometimes get set items with 1 socket, next time i get the same item with 2 sockets...so i´m wondering if it is possible to change the items with 1 socket to 2 (or even more??) sockets.
- There is some orbs that allow you to add sockets to any items (including rares) that dosen't have already 1 socket or more.
- Set/Unique drop with 1-2 sockets randomly. You can't change the number they drop with,so it's a matter of luck :)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Xaphan" wrote:
as.69" wrote:Hi, i recently started this Mod and it looks pretty awesome...so first of all...thanks for your effort & time, Xephan! PLaying it from time to time when i need a break from D3 :lol:
Now my question:
- There is some orbs that allow you to add sockets to any items (including rares) that dosen't have already 1 socket or more.
- Set/Unique drop with 1-2 sockets randomly. You can't change the number they drop with,so it's a matter of luck :)
This . + One of the reasons why my first 25 pages are full with set and unique items .
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:32 am

Due to problems with Easter Sun and a few crashes in Le Hombre deleted Diablo and every thing associated with it.
Have ES working, sort of. Need to close down to the desktop each time or maps are out of place. Gamble filter works and can fully cloth Merc. Preferences don't work.
Down loaded D2SE and added 5.00, 5.01 and 5.02. Tried running with glide, but is only window size. Any reason?
Run in D3d to get full screen. In any event no crashes yet.
Will run an Amazon until about level 10, then start a Sorceress..

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:57 am

Uncheck the -windowed checkbox on D2SE main interface. This only apear when you select Glide or DDraw video modes :) (Direct 3D is always fullscreen)

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:09 pm

Thank you

GrandMaitre
Paladin

Post by GrandMaitre » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Charms can only be used as amulet? We can't put them in socketable items?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Nope, you can't.

Pramit

Post by Pramit » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:38 pm

in act 2:

where is assur's jail?

how do i get to the "george of hell"? I've already explored the entire area and even entered "regrets land" after getting the 3 keys.
EDIT: never mind, i found it after searching again. In another character, i can't seem to find cain in the part where he is locked up. I know many brought this up before, but quest markers should be highlighted on map. Its getting harder to find otherwise. Also, i can equip gear of level 19 but in the store only gear up to level 12 is available? When will this increase?
Turning my back on a lit-up town, the path I shall follow is an endless wasteland. There are no miracles or signs. Only the night extends before me. I feed on the unwavering spirit and forge my way through the dark journey.
Push forward.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Pramit" wrote:in act 2:

where is assur's jail?
This is the very last area of act 2. Just keep playing, you will end here.
Pramit" wrote:In another character, i can't seem to find cain in the part where he is locked up. I know many brought this up before, but quest markers should be highlighted on map. Its getting harder to find otherwise.
This is an issue I want to fix, I know it's annoying right now.
Pramit" wrote:Also, i can equip gear of level 19 but in the store only gear up to level 12 is available? When will this increase?
It increases with your level, but isen't perfectly in line with your current allowed gear level. This is something that is going to change completely in the next version of the mod.

Pramit

Post by Pramit » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:19 pm

thanks for the response. I noticed that the hatred rune formula doesn't work. Tried it multiple times in different bows. Also, vitality,intelligence,wisdom and might stats seem wasted on hirelings (at least vitality and intelligence have no effect). With how strong the mobs are, it would be nice if my hirelings lasted a little bit longer. Especially the melee ones. Unless i equip them with the strongest weapons, they do almost no damage.
would be nice if quests gave rewards. Most quests don't give rewards. You friggin kill the main boss of act 1, save entire cities, and all you get it "wow thanks, now hurry to the next act" :roll: You save the town from eternal darkness and what do you get? nothing. At least i didn't get anything. The only rewards i got till now (currently in the middle of act 3) - 1 skill point, 1 amulet that i am not using, some discount with merchants in act 2(?), 20 hp permanent boost.
Turning my back on a lit-up town, the path I shall follow is an endless wasteland. There are no miracles or signs. Only the night extends before me. I feed on the unwavering spirit and forge my way through the dark journey.
Push forward.

v0idek

Post by v0idek » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Who sells the recipe to remove sockets? Or was it orb?
I swear i saw it, but didn't memorized in a rush and now can't find it. :(

VivienneW

Post by VivienneW » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Ishtar (Crafting) sells the kits to remove sockets. It costs 1000 gold to purchase and is in the "misc" catergory at he bottom :).

Hope this helps :)
"I think tattoos are horrible. It's like living in a Pucci dress full-time."

v0idek

Post by v0idek » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:05 pm

i just discovered, that helm on my ama was ethereal and now i want to craft new.
I buy crafting plan from ranged section, then add components and nothing. I can't figure what im doing wrong - i sure i put all the required components, but nothing happens. Also, it's has no crafting requirement, just gear level 2, which i already achieved.

recipe [check]
Essence [check] (tried normal and rare one)
Blacksmith page (ranged, supports armor) [check]
common debris, tear, arcane dust [check]

Or do i need item too, even though recipe didn't mention it?

VivienneW

Post by VivienneW » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:00 pm

No you don't need the base item. Make sure you have the required crafting level, should be 0 or 5 for you. The required materials are listed on the plan :)

• The plan
• 1 Page of Blacksmithing, make sure it fits the armour type. Make sure to buy the correct one, from the Medium tab at Ishtar.
• 1 Essence, I always use the rare one; 500g
• and one crafting material of each rarerity. (Common Debris, Arcane Dust and Iridescent Tear)

v0idek

Post by v0idek » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Just crafted bow, but helm one doesn't work. Tried all the ranged pages of blacksmithing.

Ps. how to know crafting level and increase it? Just reading those training pages, i guess?

VivienneW

Post by VivienneW » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Yes, you can only increase it with the training pages. You can check your crafting level on your character screen.
Attachments
CraftingLevel.jpg

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”