ESR Synergy Rework - Part I

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun Rises mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

ESR Synergy Rework - Part I

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:58 pm

My overall goal is it to create more and diverse builds, instead of one element builds. As such Skills got some rather unusal synergies. Also I tried to reduce the overall number of synergies to also enable more diverse combinations. Any form of feedback is much appreciated. So far its only brainstorming. I didnt include possible Synergies for Oskillforms. That will come after this phase is done.

Edit: A user suggested to remove skill pre-reqs and lvl pre-reqs. As I can see the point of the former, especially when skill pre-reqs arent synergies anymore, I still wanna keep lvl pre-reqs. However, any planed builds should have access to a skill on level 1. So the level requirements could be changed to look like this:

Level Requirement
Row 1 Level 1
Row 2 - Level 1
Row 3 - Level 15
Row 4 - Level 30
Row 5 - Level 45
Row 6 - Level 60

While the first three rows hold build most main skills to get going, the later three either hold passives or skills that are simply too strong to be used early one.

Druid - Elemental Builds

Bonespear will be replaced by XXX.

Build 1
Firestorm+1 Missle per 5 Level in XXX, +10% Damage per Level in Acid Rain +10% per Level in Elemental (same as before)
Acid Rain +10% All Damage per Level in Firestorm and XXX (overallreduction of 10% per Level)
Bonespear replacement skill (XXX)
Elemental

Build 2
Earth Spikes 10% Magic Damage per Level in Sandstorm, Molten Boulder and Cyclone Armor (overall reduction of 6% per Level)
Sandstorm 10% Damage per Level in Earth Spike and Molten Boulder (overallreduction of 4% per Level)
Molten Boulder 10% All Damage per Level in Earth Spike, Sandstorm and Cyclone Armor (overall increasement of 6% per Level)
Cyclone Armor +10% Absorb per Level per Hardpoints (same as before)

Build 3
Winter Furry 10% Cold Damage per Level in Tornado, Volcano and Cyclone (overall reduction of 5% per Level); +1 Sec per Level in Cyclone Armor
Tornado 10% Damage per Level in Volcano and Winter Furry (overall reduction of 4% per Level)
Volcano 10% All Damage per Level in Winter Fuy Volcano and 5% All Damage per Level in Cyclone Armor (overall reduction of 3% per Level)

Build4
Creeping Doom 10% Magic Damage per Level in Arctic Blast and Elemental (overall reduction of 10% per Level)
Arctic Blast +20% All Damage per Level in Creeping Doom and Elemental (overall increasement of 5% per Level)
Elemental +1Elemental per 20 Level in Creeping Doom and Arctic Blast

Druid - Summoner

Build5
Cow Ballon +20% All Damage per Level in Spirit of Barbs and Oak Sage (overall increasement of 20% per Level)
Oak Sage +1 Spirit per 5 Level in Cow Ballon; +20% Life per Level in Spirit of Barbs; +20% Life per Level per Hardpoints (same as before)
Spirit of Barbs +1 Spirit per 5 Level in Cow Ballon +20% Life per Level in Oak Sage; +20% Life per Level per Hardpoints (same as before)

Build6
Heart of the Wolverine +1 Spirit per 5 Level in Raven
Summon Dire Wolf +10% Damage per Level in Raven (overall increasement of 3% per Level); +1 Wolf per 5 Level in Raven (down from 1 Wolf per 6 Level); +5% Attack Rating per Level in Heart of the Wolverine (same as before); +5% Defense and +15% Life per Level in Oak Sage (same as before)
Raven +20% Lightning Damage per Level in Dire Wolf (overall increasement of 10% per Level); +1% Crushing Blow per 5 Level in Summon Dire Wolf and Heart of the Wolverine ((down from 1%Crushing Blow per 7 Level)
Oak Sage +20% Life per Level per Hardpoints (same as before)

Build7
Poison Creeper +20% All Damage per Level in Volcanic Creeper and Arctic Creeper (overall increasement of 8% per Level); +5% Life per Level in Elemental
Volcanic Creeper +20% Fire Damage per Level in Volcanic Creeper and Poison Creeper (overall increasement of 10% per Level) +5% Life per Level in Elemental
Arctic Creeper +20% Cold Damage per Level in Volcanic Creeper and Poison Creeper (overall increasement of 8% per Level) +5% Life per Level in Elemental
Elemental +1Elemental per 20 Level in Arctic Creeper, Volcanic Creeper and Poison Creeper

Druid - Shapeshifting

Build8
Werewolf +5% Damage per Level in Fury and Feral Rage (overall increasement of 5% per Level, but reduction of 5% per Level per Build); 5% Life per Level in Shapeshifting Mastery (overall increasement of 2% per Level); +5% Defense per Level in Feral Rage (overall increasement of 3% per Level, but reduction of 2% per Level per Build)
Shapeshifting Mastery (same as before)
Feral Rage +15% Damage per Level in Fury and Charged Claws (same as before); +1 Second per Level in Shapeshifting Mastery (same as before)
Charged Claws +10% Lightning Damage per Level in Fury and Feral Rage (overall increasement of 20% per Level, but the same per Build)
Fury +10% Damage per Level in Charged Claws and Feral Rage (overall increasement of 2% per Level)

Build9
Werewolf +10% Damage per Level in Iron Claws; 5% Life per Level in Shapeshifting Mastery (overall increasement of 2% per Level); +5% Defense per Level in Iron Claws (overall increasement of 3% per Level, but reduction of 2% per Level per Build)
Rabies +15% Poison Damage per Level in Iron Claws, Fire Claws and +5% Posion Damage per Level in Werewolf (overall reduction of 7% per Level)
Iron Claws +15% Damage per Level in Fire Claws, Rabies and 10% Damage per Level in Werewolf (overall reduction of 10% per Level per Build, but overall increasement of 15% per Level)
Fire Claws +15% Fire Damage per Level in Iron Claws and Rabies (the same per Level per Build, but overall increasement of 15% per Level)

Build10
Elemental Form - Werebear +5% Damage per Level in Maul (overall increasement of 3% per Level, but reduction of 2% per Level per Build); +5% Attack Rating per Level in Maul (overall increasement of 3% per Level, but reduction of 2% per Level per Build); +5% Life per Level in Shapeshifting Mastery (overall increasement of 2% per Level); +1% Attack Speed per Level in Hunger and Charged Claws (overall increasement of 2% per Level, but the same per Build); +1% Walk/Run Speed per Level in Hunger (overall increasement of 1% per Level, but reduction of 1% per Level per Build)
Maul +1 Second per Level in Shapeshifting Mastery (same as before); +5% Damage per Level in Hunger and Charged Claws (overall reduction of 5% per Level)
Hunger (same as before)
Charged Claws Charged Claws +10% Lightning Damage per Level in Maul and Hunger (overall increasement of 20% per Level, but the same per Build)

Build11
Elemental Form - Werebear +5% Life per Level in Shapeshifting Mastery (overall increasement of 2% per Level); +1% Walk/Run Speed per Level in Shock Wave (overall increasement of 1% per Level, but reduction of 1% per Level per Build)
Shock Wave +20% Damage per Level in Elemental Form - Werebear, Cyclone Armor and Oak Sage (overall increasement of 20% per Level)
Oak Sage +20% Life per Level per Hardpoints (same as before)

Build12
Elemental Form - Wearbear +5% Damage per Level in Iron Claws (overall increasement of 3% per Level, but reduction of 2% per Level per Build); +5% Attack Rating per Level in Iron Claws (overall increasement of 3% per Level, but reduction of 2% per Level per Build); +5% Life per Level in Shapeshifting Mastery (overall increasement of 2% per Level); +1% Attack Speed per Level in Fire Claws and Iron Claws (overall increasement of 2% per Level, but the same per Build); +1% Walk/Run Speed per Level in Fire Claws (overall increasement of 1% per Level, but reduction of 1% per Level per Build)
Iron Claws +15% Damage per Level in Fire Claws and in Elemental Form - Werebear(overall reduction of 20% per Level per Build, but overall increasement of 15% per Level)
Fire Claws +15% Fire Damage per Level in Iron Claws and Elemental Form - Werebear (the same per Level per Build, but overall increasement of 15% per Level)

Cheers
AlphA

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Re: ESR Synergy Rework - Part I

Post by the_bogan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:55 pm

AlphA - The Real One" wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:58 pm
Build 1
Firestorm+1 Missle per 5 Level in XXX, +10% Damage per Level in Acid Rain +10% per Level in Elemental (same as before)
Acid Rain +10% All Damage per Level in Firestorm and XXX (overallreduction of 10% per Level)
Bonespear replacement skill (XXX)
Elemental

Good idea, but first initial thought is the placement of the synergies.
Out of build one, apart from the bonespear replacement kill, the first is available at level 24. Playing untwinked, that's a long haul to survive until then.

I like the idea of reducing the main skill damage but increasing the damage from the synergies, at the same time reducing the number of synergies. The current skill cap leveling restrictions means I almost have to just focus on one skill or build style in order to keep the damage of the chosen skill(s) up.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:09 am

That's a good point. Best will probably to switch them around a bit that every most builds have a starting skill. I thought a bit about the werewolf/werebear/elemental form and especially about Iron Claw and Fire Claw. As if you would focus on either of them they would be much stronger now. So maybe restrict bear/wolf only skills to be a either or choice.

If you have further ideas for the other chars let me know:).

Cheers
AlphA

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 pm

I've just started up a sorc, going to see how Twister goes, and maybe another skill. Twister is a wierd one because it deals physical damage, but relies on the elemental masteries for synergies.
Not sure how far I'll get with her.

JirenTheGrey

Post by JirenTheGrey » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:44 pm

I love Twister build, very original and funny build, but to be effective needs A LOT of resources, and even with the skill at level 100 cannot to Hell on players 8, so I think that spell deserves a boost in damage

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:55 am

Twister could be changed to deal cold damage as well. Still leaves the question, does the sorc need twister? How is it any different than Tornado?

Updated main post.

Cheers
AlphA

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:33 pm

I think Twister just feels overall left out of the Fire/Cold/Lightning thematic of the Sorceress. Twister's only actual difference than Tornado is that you can spawn more of these and they have a small stun chance just like Druid's "Creeping Doom". We could change the name and aesthetic so that instead of wind (physical) damage + stun, we could have it do cold damage and a chance to freeze instead. Twister in general is also weak early-game, okay mid-game but just shy of strong late-game without dedicated investment (at the expense of others) -- plus Twister depends on elemental mastery as a synergy which really feels thrown-out to me.

It should be transformed, technically and literally, graphics-wise, to a cold skill to make it feel more at home in the aesthetic. That way, it can get a proper tune-up with the Cold Mastery.

As far as your Skills layout is concerned, we should have two layers -- one could be based on skills, and the other on passives. I do support certain passives being moved to later on, but seeing how the Skill Tree presents us with six lines of 3 skills each, we're limited to six tiers. We should have our passives tiered as well, based on the strength and utility of the passive. This is why we have the sorc's elemental masteries (Fire, Cold, Lightning Mastery) as 30. We should weigh utility and strength for the skills as well. As far as all things go, however, I do not see form-shifting as a 'passive' per se, and as Necromancer goes, I feel early Revive just seems quite off. We should bring skeletons back to 1, and rework Revive as a stage before our vamp mages, perhaps add some more strength, and have Revive as a means to give us extra allies for Skeletons.

I may need to view the current trees (as I've taken one heck of a hiatus) and see where things can move, and if they move, if they need tweaks to represent the spot they hold.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm

As far as all things go, however, I do not see form-shifting as a 'passive' per se
True. Didnt thought about that. Probably better to not limit them to the higher three tiers, but just as skills adjust based on their strength as you said.

I thought of giving twister cold damage, but then I would feel more like just another cold damage skill which we already have enough of.

Revives should be moved back, hopefully with their current buff they should be more useful than before. Why was that even changed?:D.

Cheers
AlphA

JirenTheGrey

Post by JirenTheGrey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm trying a twister sorceress build right now (currently lvl 84). I would like to see how much she can go, if she can complete harder hell areas on players 8, Equipment not 100% completed but I'm at a good point. In my opinion twister is ok to be a physical damage spell :)

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:55 am

Twister synergies were changed in Patch 5.1E. You might wanna try it out. Should push the damage a little.

Cheers
AlphA

JirenTheGrey

Post by JirenTheGrey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:20 am

Yeah, I'm trying that last patch to check how strong is that build, so I can provide feedback

Return to “Eastern Sun Rises”