I get Unhandled Exception Access Violation (c0000005) <-

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

ZenSkier

I get Unhandled Exception Access Violation (c0000005) <-

Post by ZenSkier » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:16 pm

Every time I try to start the mod, it crashes with this error. I did a complete reinstal of D2 and the only thing in it was this mod, I have also tried the -direct -txt option of stating the game, I get a different load screen but when it tries to load the character it fails at the doorway graphic. I redownloaded the files from this site, and it doesnt help.

I am running XP with a tnt2 ultra graphics card. 768mb ram. D2 runs fine without this mod, but I would really like to try it.. it sounds completely different that others I have tried.

Any suggestions?

Nevermind - Figured it out when I noticed the launcher was not completing its batch... the application does not like being in the root folder of D2 - I created a subfolder and launched from the SG's Rune Mod.exe and it works find now. But NOW I have a TON of questions.. will put them in a new post after I search for answers in other posts first.
Last edited by ZenSkier on Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Re: I get Unhandled Exception Access Violation (c00000005)

Post by Maxx Power » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:40 pm

Make sure your using v1.09, not the 1.10 or 1.10s ones that have been floating about. Make sure you also have the updated launcher, as the old one was a bit bugged. Apart from that there shouldn't be a problem.

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”