Load to Main Screen?!? Problem!!

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

DarkMoonDragon

Load to Main Screen?!? Problem!!

Post by DarkMoonDragon » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:15 am

Okay, I have a real problem here. For some reason, whenever I try to play a game in RuneMod it lets me select my character, goes to the loading screen, and then almost immediately dumps me back and the main menu screen (the one with Single Player, Closed B.net, and Other Multiplayer on it). I cant figure out what the problem is. I'm running v1.10 on unmodded D2:LoD and I installed the mod correctly to my knowledge... Here's what I did:

(1) Unzip the v1.09 patch in its own folder (Rune Mod)
(2) Unzip the v1.00 Rune Mod file into the same folder, overwriting previously existing files.
(3) Unzip the v1.01 Rune Mod file into the same folder, again overwriting previously existing files.
(4) Unzip the fixed Launcher into the same file, overwriting the D2Win.dll file I think it was.

Did I do something wrong here? Please, someone help me! I'm dying to play this mod again!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Load to Main Screen?!? Problem!!

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:21 am

SGRM requires you have a D2 installation at v1.09x. There are too many code differences betwee v1.09x and v1.10 to use any v1.10 files.

Running 1.09 mods and 1.10 for anything else requires you have a dual installation of some sort. If it were any other mod than SGRM 4.00, you could use MickyBI's approach, but SG wrote his own front end so that won't work.

This method will give you version switching that works with SG's mod. It is a bit of a chore to set up, but once done you can quickly go from 1.10 to 1.09 and back again, without having two copies of huge static mpq files.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

DarkMoonDragon

Re: Load to Main Screen?!? Problem!!

Post by DarkMoonDragon » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:37 pm

Thanks for your help but I figured it out on my own. For some reason, even tho I had all the v1.09 files in my directory instead of the 1.10 files it still didnt work. So here's what I did:

(1) Made a copy of the Diablo II folder in the C:\Program Files directory (the original directory)
(2) Renamed v1.10 folder (mine is now named Diablo II LoD)
(3) Replaced all the v1.10 files in the Diablo II folder with the v1.09 files
(4) Copied the original Diablo II: LoD icon
(5) Changed the copied Diablo II: LoD icon as follows:
Target:"C:\Program Files\Diablo II LoD\Diablo II.exe"
Start In:"C:\Program Files\Diablo II LoD"

This produces two Diablo II folders, one named "Diablo II LoD" that runs the original game in v1.10, and another named "Diablo II" that runs v1.09 clean if I click on the original "Diablo II: LoD" icon or is compatible with SG's rune mod launcher. I also realized an easier way to do this after I had finished. I'll post it for the sake of any who are having the same problem.

(1) Copy the Diablo II (v1.10) folder into the same directory and name it something like "Diablo II v109" so you'll know what it is
(2) Overwrite all the files in that folder with the v1.09 versions
(3) After running SG's launcher, type the Diablo II v1.09 folder into the Diablo II Path box (mine would look like this: C:\Program Files\Diablo II v109)

And that's it. You may have to type this new pathname in every time, i don't really remember right now, but if SG's launcher saves the path then there's no more work necessary after the above steps. All you have to do to play D2 v1.10 is click on the icon, to play SG's Rune Mod just click on his launcher icon. If you want an icon to play v1.09 clean you can just create a copy of the v1.10 icon and change it as so:
Target:"C:\Program Files\Diablo II v109\Diablo II.exe"
Start In:"C:\Program Files\Diablo II v109"
These reflect the pathnames that I would have. Yours may be different depending on what directory you installed Diablo II to. This new v1.09 icon can also serve as the base shortcut for making icons to play any other v1.09 mods with the -direct -txt method. :D

elementz123

Post by elementz123 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:56 pm

Thank you DarkMoonDragon, I had the same problem and now it finally works. Instead of changing the path to diablo II v109, you could just rename the folder "Diablo II" to "Diablo II v110" or anything else, then rename "Diablo II v109" to "Diablo II".

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”