Next Patch

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

No votes

Total votes: 0

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Next Patch

Post by Sir_General » Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:57 am

Here I will list all the things I have completed for the next patch. So if you find a bug, check here to see if I've already fixed it before posting a while bunch about it. This post will be updated as I get new things done, so check back every now and then.

Next Patch Version: v1.02 (Not Started)

Changes in v1.01 (Patch Released)
============================================
-Adjusted mods on the runes for better balance.
-Fixed numerous small bugs with and improved launcher.
-Added in enhanced Assassin claws/katars. They have auto mods and do 2 - 4 damage (instead of 1 - 3), but can only be found in the field. Not bought.
-Runes now list their elements while lying on the ground.
-Fixed a bug that prevented durability repairs from Anu rune from displaying until you de-equipped/equipped the item.
-Fixed a crash that could occur when displaying extra two-handed/throwing damage on items.
-Bugged cube recipes are fixed, and no longer spawn uber runes.
-Skulls/diamonds can now spawn prismatic as their random element in cube recipes.
-Cube recipes that use a perfect skull have been correct to acutally use a prefect skull.
Last edited by Sir_General on Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:27 am, edited 8 times in total.
That's Sir_General with an _. Leave it out and I'll beat you with a rubber chicken.

M6n6M6

Re: Next Patch

Post by M6n6M6 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:24 am

Nice changes, can I offer one more suggestion, can you set it so we can have like 50 town portals, and 50 identify scrolls, instead of 20, I see we can have like tons of keys, so maybe u can do that withs scrolls to :) Thanks.

Psycho Chickenz

Post by Psycho Chickenz » Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:33 am

I know, how about a way for me to play?
No rush or anything, I still have the last rune mod to play.
I know what you're thinking and if I told you, you'd think I was talking in centimetres.

M6n6M6

Post by M6n6M6 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:29 am

I got something, can u get enhanced% damage runes? Cuz im in mid act 2, and I havnt got any. Or is that just my bad luck? If not, u should make like 1 and 2 and 3% enhanced damage runes :)
Man I really hated my last signature.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:10 am

Enhanced Damage works on the base damage of the weapon, which is a very small number. So 3% of 6 would be at most 1 additional damage point. That was the problem with enhanced damage in the last version of the Rune Mod.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

M6n6M6

Post by M6n6M6 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:37 pm

Ohhh.... damn, ok that makes sense lol, well, you could make it so runes drop like 10% ed damage at a time, like 10% 15% and 20%, so, you could get like just some extra damage a little bit, atleast lol, o well, its not a big deal, but now I understand why its not in the version.

Jedi3386

Post by Jedi3386 » Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:33 pm

Hmm, hey people. None of you know me, but I've been playing the Rune Mod for a while, and I love it. Sir_General is a modding king. That being said, one thing I think needs to be tinkered with are the transmuted runes, and some kind of cap on runes. I've managed to get a rune that has 177% lightening resist and a rune that gives 124% magic resist (Not sure what that's good for) They're great runes, but it was in act one with a chipped diamond and level one runes. Perhaps, you could place some kind of cap, such as not letting a level one rune get above +10% resist or something. I'm sure you know how to fix it, and this may be an old bug, if it is just ignore me :D

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:31 pm

Magic resist works on bone spear, bone spirit, the white will-o-wisps the Obsidian Knights fire at you, and a few other attacks.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:07 pm

I've managed to get a rune that has 177% lightening resist and a rune that gives 124% magic resist (Not sure what that's good for) They're great runes, but it was in act one with a chipped diamond and level one runes.
That's a bug with the spawning of runes from the cube. I think I have it fixed now, but I won't know until I get the cube with one of my characters and make a few runes with it.
That's Sir_General with an _. Leave it out and I'll beat you with a rubber chicken.

M6n6M6

Post by M6n6M6 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:27 pm

Another thing, there seems to be NO Increased Walk/Run speed runes, dunno if thats on purpose, but, they can be helpful :)

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:49 pm

Yeah I agree with M6, that would be a heck of a lot nicer considering a wear bulky Ancient Armor... Or did you fix that SG?
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

newbieDeluxe

Post by newbieDeluxe » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:51 am

i think all the armors have the same weight, so the run/walk speed would not change. unless perhaps you're not wearing any armor at all.

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:10 pm

i think all the armors have the same weight, so the run/walk speed would not change. unless perhaps you're not wearing any armor at all.
That's correct. All armor has the same run/walk speed and the same stamina drain rate. Also, all weapons have the same base attack speed.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:51 pm

Ok goody you did *keeps his godly Ancient Armor* hehee... :D
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:20 pm

Out of interest S_G, is there any +% mana/life stolen per hit mods on any runes yet (most likely unique ones, if any). If not, my barb will not be a happy chappy. O yeah, can you do something about the 150% damage to undead auto-mod on clubs? I know I'm a balancing freak, but I can see a situation where people might be forced to use clubs over every other weapon due to the bonus versus undead.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:44 pm

Yes, there is. I've already got 2% life on my bow, and ive seen a baba with 3% mana on weapon
The 1.10 Editorial

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:30 am

er can you fix the completely random crashes? talking to the merchants, clicking a corpse opening inv right after you've done it like 4-5 tiems in a row, boom crash! theres no ryhme or reason to it
=0

M6n6M6

Post by M6n6M6 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:33 am

For some reason, I seem to crash a lot when switching to my fire sword, or when trying to put runes on it, everything else is usually fine, but, my sword usually makes it crash.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:52 pm

Your right... There is no reason to crash because I havent crashed ONCE!! Honestly!! lol, you guys must be unlucky!
The 1.10 Editorial

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:17 am

yeah all the time, uprovoked crashes all the time. theres several of us that get them i think...
=0

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:09 am

Oh sh*t i just got like 10 crashes today with my assassin!!!!!!!!!! Not cool. Could it be that only characters with <Weapon> Mastery skills are crashing?
The 1.10 Editorial

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:38 am

E-mail one of your crash longs, would you. You can find them in the D2 directory. They have names like D2021003.txt or something similar.

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:42 am

hmm, might anyone knwo why my game closes when my sword reaches 200 dmg? im at 197 now and anytime i try to add another min dmg rune it closes, no error, just closes. could it be the +99 extra min dmg? it seems like the only main value thats rolling over the an extra digit on my sword. could it be that i have +99 min and +23 max? i just wana know what it is, so i can keep upgrading my sword, cause right now its stuck at 197 dmg.
=0

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:00 am

I'm going to guess it has to do with the max settings in itemstatcost.txt, and that damage is limited to about 197.
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:42 pm

but m6's sword is at 244
=0

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”