Next Patch

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

No votes

Total votes: 0

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Re: Next Patch

Post by Rhonlore » Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:07 am

Naw, the bug lies within if you used a diamond of any level plus any rune, it could sometime produce some really whâcked out runes, this "poor" rune cubing is what had to be done because of it. The whacked out runes are the bug, and this is the current solution.
Last edited by Rhonlore on Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

k69digital

Post by k69digital » Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:18 am

Poop Loops";p="81705" wrote:Axes. They need some advantage. They are just like mauls, but without 150% damage to UD. Perhaps making 125% damage to demons? (since all act bosses are demons, 150% might be too much). Dunno if this is just my luck, but it seems like I am getting a ton of %mana recovery runes, and hardly any mox runes with +damage. My barb has like 140% faster mana recovery. At level 15.

Other than that the mod kicks ass. I haven't gotten a cube yet, so I don't know anything about transmuting.

Also, I like the kill counter :D
afaik all axes have been +50% dmg vs demons since d2x .08

54x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by 54x » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:31 am

EH?!

I never recall that change... and I'm sure Blizzard would have displayed it on the axes if they got ED vs monster type?

Weird...
New Dawn (X)
North Star
Thought & Effort. (Now it's always in my posts)
Deutschsprachig, falls jemand mich braucht :)

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:58 pm

Rhonlore";p="91343" wrote: Naw, the bug lies within if you used a diamond of any level plus any rune, it could sometime produce some really whâcked out runes, this "poor" rune cubing is what had to be done because of it. The whacked out runes are the bug, and this is the current solution.
Couldn't you just disable the diamond recipies, which makes diamonds useless but doesn't change the other, working, recipies. And then you could change the diamond recipies to change into a random gem of the same level.

Another point - Maiden javelins (I think) have a sell value of 1, even if they are fully stacked. This isn't right I think. Any chance of changing the sell value for these? Cheers!

The Brainaic

ExaMind

Post by ExaMind » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:37 pm

As far as I can tell, the problem with the poor cubing is just that the recipies in cubemain.txt don't have values for the output item's level. If you go into that file and set the 'lvl' column to 50 for the rune recipies it seems to work fine. If you want it to be based on the player's level, put the 50 in the 'plvl' column instead. If you want the player to have gotten the rune from an equivalent-level monster, set both 'plvl' and 'ilvl' to 25. (Those numbers are my best guess on what would be balanced from the info on the runemod website...I don't guarantee that they're perfect.) The only funny thing I've noticed is that you can get mixed element runes from the random-element recipies...for example I got a 3 fire 2 earth +3 max damage 2% crushing blow rune. I haven't seen any super-powered runes, though. Let me know if this helps any.

-ExaMind-
Sanity is halfway between Psychopathy and Sociopathy.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri May 02, 2003 11:02 pm

Axes are actually the best item type in this mod. All the weapon types (excpet bows I believe) have a bonus to a certain type of monster but only mace class displays the bonus. To even this out, all the weapon types have a type of monster that they do slightly reduced damage to... except axes. I'm not sure of where a table that displays the bonuses/minuses is but if I find one I'll post it.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Sat May 03, 2003 12:38 pm

I do believe that is true. A similiar thing was in the original Diablo, which consisted of...

Swords: 150% damage to "animal" types, 50% damage to undead
Maces: 150% damage to undead types, 50% damage to "animal" types
Axes: 100% damage to all monster types

I'll test this out to see if it is correct as some later date

redfez

Post by redfez » Mon May 05, 2003 7:01 am

I assume by sword you mean most bladed weapons, and by axe you include polearms or do you mean that there's a large number of weapon classes with no bonuses.
"Do not make me get renaissance on your ass, becuase I will write a poem about you." -a Def Poet.

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Mon May 05, 2003 2:27 pm

Redfez, I think he's talking about the original D1, not D2C or D2X.
Last edited by the_brainaic on Mon May 05, 2003 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redfez

Post by redfez » Wed May 07, 2003 8:45 am

ah, srry, my mistake. But if something similar is in D2, I think many of us would appreciate it if SG was generous enough to code it so that the bonuses & reductions showed up the way the +150% does for blunt weapons.

Also, one change I suggest is that for the next patch Gru runes could include scepters. I know pal players would appreciate it, and scepters are basically the pal equivalent to a wand or a staff. Just a thought.
"Do not make me get renaissance on your ass, becuase I will write a poem about you." -a Def Poet.

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Wed May 07, 2003 8:56 am

Why don't you change it so that Gru runes combine with all the other item-specific itemrunes, so that there are no more Gru or 'Katar' runes (I can't remember the name for them), and one new rune that works for all char specifc items. Just an idea...

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Wed May 07, 2003 1:24 pm

It's "Veri" brainaic, and though I like the idea it would mean that you would have even less of a chance to get the runes you would want/need for your character. Like it would be pointless to have +Damage on a Necro Head, or a Barbarian Helm or +Defense on an orb or katar... Tho I know the second is possible.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Wed May 07, 2003 3:09 pm

Veri then. Ok, maybe there should be an offe4nsive version and a defensive version of the new rune-type I was talking about. One for all weapons, and one for everything else.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu May 08, 2003 3:08 pm

Actually I would love having +damage on my barb's helm and more damage would always help a daggermancer.

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Sun May 18, 2003 4:32 pm

Rhon, surely if you get +damage on a helm or on armour, it transfers to your weapons.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:27 pm

the_brainaic";p="99436" wrote:Rhon, surely if you get +damage on a helm or on armour, it transfers to your weapons.
Oh it does, im just saying that, personally, I would like to see + damage on my weapons, and not my armors. Same with defense, it should be on armors not weapons..
The 1.10 Editorial

b00z3r

Post by b00z3r » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:02 pm

are there any cube recipes. i was reading somewhere and it said 5 runes makes a new rune. i tryed it and it didnt work. so i was just wondering if there was any.
SG's mod characters-lvl 35 sorc and lvl 30 pally

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:42 pm

I was just wondering if there has been made any progress since you last updated this topic. If there is could you maybe update it so we could see the progress?
By the way runemod is looking great! Keep up the good work :D

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:50 am

Wow arg this is old...

Uh I think he's decided to work primarily on Heaven Storm right now.

Afaik if he does do an update to RM itll just be a quick port to 1.10 and nothing fancy... buuuut incase you're interested.

http://www.planetdiablo.com/sgrunemod/

Wicked RuneMod Screenies
The 1.10 Editorial

gotler
Paladin

Post by gotler » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:20 pm

I knew that site before. I just thought it was the Runemod he was concentrating on. But Heaven Storm is also looking good.

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”