Complete 1.06 Bugs - report everything here.

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Complete 1.06 Bugs - report everything here.

Post by RicFaith » Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:20 am

Yo it's Ric. I'm too tired to go searching thru all the posts for all the various bugs. So I'm asking every single bug to appear in this post. I don't mind multiple ppl complaining abt the same thing, but if you're gonna just quote ppl and say "ditto" i will personally throw a fit :mrgreen:.

what I have heard thus far (feel free to expound)

- Demon Spirits - tweaked
- Normal monster drops
- Superunique drops - tweaked
- AB bug - reverted to 1.05 :(
- Staff of Kings

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

eek

Post by deathfile » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:09 am

ouch ric, youre gonna hate me for this :mrgreen:

well, i was playing tcp/ip with radz, but he was level 6 and i was 26 (or 28 or something i forgot) :roll:

so i wanted to get him a little further in the game. he had never done cain. (uh oh!) so he had no cespenar the imp (horadric cube).
well, we beat andy, and went to the place where the staff drops. then i realized that he should rescue cain, but the quest was unbeatable in that game because i had talked to him in act 2. so i figured that he wouldnt need a cube... err... imp, because the whole staff drops. how foolish i was! he clicked on the chest, and POOF! out comes a friendly little imp!
now how did he get there? i ask. does akara have another one? so we made a new game where cain was beatable. im still wondering if he will be able to get two imps at once, even though that would be quite pointless... well anyways, we do cain. akara gives him a ring! but i believe she was still talking about that trixter little imp! shes getting a little senile you know... :mrgreen: well we decided to go back to the place where the staff drops, and so we did, but this time NOTHING came out of the chest besides the usual gold and a magic item. i thought, if what is supposed to drop isnt dropping, maybe what isnt supposed to drop will! so we went to the claw viper temple (or whatever you renamed it to ) and there a wierd amulet dropped, it had a very funny name but i forgot what it was :( then we got the shaft from the maggot lair, yadda yadda yadda. combined them: got a horadric staff.

come to think of it, this would have happened if he installed the dlls wrong... but you never know!

EDIT: yes he installed the dlls wrong :oops: maybe you want to post this as an FAQ or something... i dunno, so i left it here in small font
Last edited by deathfile on Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:14 am

hm. it's partially a dll thing. because Blizz has no less than 5 locations for checking whether you have the cube/staff/amulet and we've only identified the 1st (most common method) ie go to get imp from akara, and full staff from temple of defiled.

I will try to cover all the bases, but there's a possibility that I mess the dll up pretty bad :P anyhow, we'll have to worry abt v1.10 whenever it is coming out.

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:17 am

another one, not sure if this is really a bug or not: but i just got to nightmare mode and you can only buy 1 potion per visit =8o (by that i mean only one health potion and one mana potion). if its not a bug, it should be :P

and i saw this recipe on the site:

any ring/amulet
+4 of the same elemental crystal
= crafted ring/amulet of elemental resistance

i tried it with 4 ice crystals and it didnt transmute with either a ring or amulet (in normal mode), i also tried it with 1, 2, 3, and 5 in case it was a typo

and theres no "wishlist" thread, is there?

P51mus

Post by P51mus » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:16 am

The Black Opal Upgrade formula doesn't work, and the Sunstone formula upgrades into what the Black Opal should.

...look for a typo in the Black Opal upgrade formula line.
...a figure emerges from the shadows.

"No one says a novel has to be one thing. It can be anything it wants to be, a vaudeville show, the six o'clock news, the mumblings of wild men saddled by demons." -Ishmael Reed

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:53 am

I use Pod on my magic vortex shield+1 and i got normal vortex shield+1 with bonuses : +26 resist all , 20%increase chance of block , +3 life each demon kill.
After that i make it have 4 socket using 4 AB and then i put magic jewel with following bonus : +23%resist fire , +2 to dexterity
But the final bonus on my shield is somehow increase a lot.
+75% resist fire
+52%resist poison
+52%resist cold
+52%resist lightning
40% increase chance of block
+6 life each demon kill

It seem like the current bonus on that shield before its socketed is doubled. but this is nice bug , my cavalier like it :mrgreen:

And i got the same healing potion only sell once per visit like deathfile report , but only in act1 and act2 nightmare . Also in hell act2 mana potion only sell once per visit.

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:50 am

Need to make Boo and Perfect Cell itype unique only.
We're getting magical Boo and PCell drops. Soon we'll get rare drops as well.

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:38 pm

yea I did the P.Cell and Boo already.

hmm. will check the PoD. and I need to update the webbie for the cesp recipes. they're terribly out of date and a lot of ppl seem to be referring there.

bloodstone x 3 = black opal
andar x 3 = sunstone

ShadowCaster
Paladin

Post by ShadowCaster » Tue Jul 09, 2002 5:33 pm

I wanted to make the set Pendant +1 and ended up with a dim wit...
Your GP or your HP!! -Theif (8-bit theater)

epsilion

Post by epsilion » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:21 pm

glabrezu crashes the game when you summon it, I posted the error on another thread somewhere.
When you add poison crystals too items that already do poison damage it adds an extra 25-30 posion damage instead of 1-5
Ive gotten 2 imps. Akkara gave my 1.05 Besker an extra imp in hell. They share the same invintory though, so its not like I have extra space.

P51mus

Post by P51mus » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:02 pm

RicFaith" wrote: bloodstone x 3 = black opal
andar x 3 = sunstone
?

Black Opal x 3 + two specific items (not sure if you want them known yet)=nothing
Sunstone x 3 + two specific items (not sure if you want them known yet)=Pearl

The Black Opal should upgrade to Pearl and Sunstone to Ziose...

"No one says a novel has to be one thing. It can be anything it wants to be, a vaudeville show, the six o'clock news, the mumblings of wild men saddled by demons." -Ishmael Reed

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:34 pm

WIERD bug?

i put in three sphenes in the imp, expecting to get a lynx eye. i didnt, i got a skydrop instead. well, that was fine by me, i didnt care. only problem is the skydrop is giving me seizures :mrgreen: :sick:

are the stats supposed to vary like THAT??? they change before i put them into the item, the display keeps changing. wierd, its like a slot machine. interesting though... was it meant to be like this?

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:25 am

P51mus" wrote: Black Opal x 3 + two specific items (not sure if you want them known yet)=nothing
Sunstone x 3 + two specific items (not sure if you want them known yet)=Pearl

The Black Opal should upgrade to Pearl and Sunstone to Ziose...
woah P51mus, that's pretty good. yea I found the typo and corrected it. it's an easter egg for those who are interested to know how come these stuff ain't publicly known :)

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:32 am

deathfile" wrote:i put in three sphenes in the imp, expecting to get a lynx eye. i didnt, i got a skydrop instead. well, that was fine by me, i didnt care. only problem is the skydrop is giving me seizures :mrgreen: :sick:

are the stats supposed to vary like THAT??? they change before i put them into the item, the display keeps changing. wierd, its like a slot machine. interesting though... was it meant to be like this?
yes gems upgrade down in groups. there are 5 in a group, so when you upgrade it'll go down the list in 5s.

Skydrop & Perth are the MF jewel/rune respectively. Being based on chance, they will continue rerolling their stats until they are plonked into an item.

SubSanity
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SubSanity » Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:42 am

The chance runes exploit a D2 bug to utilise the randomizing values to create a real chance

P51mus

Post by P51mus » Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:56 pm

RicFaith" wrote:
woah P51mus, that's pretty good. yea I found the typo and corrected it. it's an easter egg for those who are interested to know how come these stuff ain't publicly known :)

...most of my limited modding knowledge has to do with the workings of the cube.

#5D876CHC_Omicron

Pleasant complaints

Post by #5D876CHC_Omicron » Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:36 pm

All in all, the mod is a very good package, but with some tweaks here and there, you could make it the perfect mod.

1. I have to complain about some of the statements in the game. I'm not very far, mind you (just got to Lut Gholein in normal), but some of the statements i've heard are a little too dramatic. Like what Flavie says about the Den of Evil, "It's just ahead! A GAPING MAW from which DEATH rears its UGLY HEAD and SPEWS FORTH denizens from the lower planes!" 8-O Maybe it could be changed to something more subtle? I know it's menial, but it all adds to the gaming experience. You want to feel like you're actually IN the world, rather than looking at a lit-up computer monitor. ;)

2. Could we have our life-orbs back? Back in another thread some one complained about the same thing. You see, the way I play, i'm absorbed in the combat. I don't look directly at the life guage, however, I keep it in my peripheral vision, and something inside me tells me when it's to low. The dragons make it really hard to play this way. I play as an amazon, or archer if you prefer, and don't like to waste arrows, which is what looking at the life guage makes me do (because I click on something other than the monster i'm trying to kill :OI: ). I realize how hard you guys work on these things but sometimes things come up that you need to work harder on.

3. Those giant quill bear dudes don't make any noise. Why don't you just give them the sound set for the quill rats? I don't know how hard that is, never having made a mod myself.

4. Why is Radament so :-O-: hard to find? I understand moving him around, and I don't mind getting lost, but he's a major quest and should be a little easier to find!

5. Why can't I mix two quivers of arrows? I have three sets of arrows +1 that have the exact same graphic and came in the same amount (169). I always buy 3 quivers of arrows and put two in my stash, and when I come back to town I mix a quiver in my stash with my current quiver so I have the max amount again. This doesn't work anymore! :cry: It's a pain to carry around another quiver and wait for my current one to run out (it wastes inventory space!). Maybe you should go back to Diablo 2's way of running that (have a max arrow quiver of 350 and be able to mix).

6. I'd like to see more bows that fire enchanted arrows. For example, "fires magic arrows", or "fires freezing arrows". That would be cool, and would cut down on arrow problems.

Now that i've complained, I would like to praise:

1. Those quill bears are so cool-looking! :mrgreen:

2. THANK YOU for rebalancing the amazon (aka archer)'s skill table and making magic arrow a worthwhile skill! It makes my life so much easier :mrgreen:...

3. THANK YOU for making the game SO much less linear! Instead of plugging along in a straight line the whole game, now you have to backtrack some, like in getting to Andariel.

4. THANK YOU for letting us get the cube earlier!

5. THANK YOU for increasing the monster density so that more exp is gained in the long run!

6. THANK YOU for adding so much new stuff to Diablo 2... I have beat the game at least twice with each class and have each character at max level... and I was completely bored by then! This new mod has sparked my interest once again and will probably tide me over until Diablo 3 :IOI: ... if there is a Diablo 3! :turnevil:

C:> /end rant
Darkness called... but I didn't hear the phone ring. He didn't leave a message either. I tried to star-69 darkness, but he didn't answer. Darkness needs to get DSL. His line is always busy!

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Re: Pleasant complaints

Post by RicFaith » Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:00 pm

#5D876CHC_Omicron" wrote:1. I have to complain about some of the statements in the game. I'm not very far, mind you (just got to Lut Gholein in normal), but some of the statements i've heard are a little too dramatic. Like what Flavie says about the Den of Evil, "It's just ahead! A GAPING MAW from which DEATH rears its UGLY HEAD and SPEWS FORTH denizens from the lower planes!" 8-O Maybe it could be changed to something more subtle? I know it's menial, but it all adds to the gaming experience. You want to feel like you're actually IN the world, rather than looking at a lit-up computer monitor. ;)
heh, yea that's a little overdone I'll admit. but you do understand for a darn long time I had mail coming in "WHY AM I DYING IN THE DEN OF EVIL??!" just for us to find out that they were in the underground passage because they don't read any messages or quest logs or whatever. I'll try to tone that one down.
#5D876CHC_Omicron" wrote:2. Could we have our life-orbs back? Back in another thread some one complained about the same thing. You see, the way I play, i'm absorbed in the combat. I don't look directly at the life guage, however, I keep it in my peripheral vision, and something inside me tells me when it's to low. The dragons make it really hard to play this way. I play as an amazon, or archer if you prefer, and don't like to waste arrows, which is what looking at the life guage makes me do (because I click on something other than the monster i'm trying to kill :OI: ). I realize how hard you guys work on these things but sometimes things come up that you need to work harder on.
personally, and I definitely reflect Subby's response in this, I think the Dragons are just fine. Check with our betatesters, everyone had teething problems with it, but once you recognise the image, it becomes just as easy to deal with as the orbs.
#5D876CHC_Omicron" wrote:3. Those giant quill bear dudes don't make any noise. Why don't you just give them the sound set for the quill rats? I don't know how hard that is, never having made a mod myself.
hmm, i hardly listen to the sounds. lemme see if they have a sound file. no i can't seem to see an entry in sounds.txt for the quillbear (or it's derivative names, eg. QuillRat = SpikeFiend) sorry.
#5D876CHC_Omicron" wrote:4. Why is Radament so :-O-: hard to find? I understand moving him around, and I don't mind getting lost, but he's a major quest and should be a little easier to find!
dunno if you noticed, but all your 'major quests' that involve additional skill/stat pts is made somewhat harder? Akara's Den of Evil isn't situated nice and simply in Blood Moor, you actually do need a few levels before you can go in and get your Quest cleared. The Lam Esen's Tome is secreted away in the Temple of the Ages. Likewise Radament has one of the easiest +1 skill pt. as far as I'm concerned, the major quests have not been written into the game yet. I haven't done the Irenicus conversion, nor Melissan, nor Bodhi nor any of the other ppl who will form our basic storyline. Everything else can be considered a side-quest.
#5D876CHC_Omicron" wrote:5. Why can't I mix two quivers of arrows? I have three sets of arrows +1 that have the exact same graphic and came in the same amount (169). I always buy 3 quivers of arrows and put two in my stash, and when I come back to town I mix a quiver in my stash with my current quiver so I have the max amount again. This doesn't work anymore! :cry: It's a pain to carry around another quiver and wait for my current one to run out (it wastes inventory space!). Maybe you should go back to Diablo 2's way of running that (have a max arrow quiver of 350 and be able to mix).
there are 2 types of arrows. a normal one and a magic one. as far as normalcy goes, they will stack if they're exactly the same. If they're not stacking then well, perhaps they're not the same item? I usually have no trouble stacking my arrows (if the quivers are both non-magical).
#5D876CHC_Omicron" wrote:6. I'd like to see more bows that fire enchanted arrows. For example, "fires magic arrows", or "fires freezing arrows". That would be cool, and would cut down on arrow problems.
just FYI, there's only 'fires magic arrows' and 'fires exploding arrows'. both of them can spawn on bows and xbows (no duh huh? :D) but with the vast majority of affixes that can spawn, it's not a very common spawning item. anyhow, if you're playing Archer, you can easily get Magic Arrow or Freezing/Immolation Arrow + Pierce which is more effective than the affixes.
#5D876CHC_Omicron" wrote:Now that i've complained, I would like to praise:

1. Those quill bears are so cool-looking! :mrgreen:

2. THANK YOU for rebalancing the amazon (aka archer)'s skill table and making magic arrow a worthwhile skill! It makes my life so much easier :mrgreen:...

3. THANK YOU for making the game SO much less linear! Instead of plugging along in a straight line the whole game, now you have to backtrack some, like in getting to Andariel.

4. THANK YOU for letting us get the cube earlier!

5. THANK YOU for increasing the monster density so that more exp is gained in the long run!

6. THANK YOU for adding so much new stuff to Diablo 2... I have beat the game at least twice with each class and have each character at max level... and I was completely bored by then! This new mod has sparked my interest once again and will probably tide me over until Diablo 3 :IOI: ... if there is a Diablo 3! :turnevil:

C:> /end rant
whee. thanks :)

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:04 am

I dunno is this supposed to be like this or not , but after i kill izual in hell diff i got 15 stats and 2 skill pts bonus immediately and then i go to tyrael and get another 2 skill pts ??? (havent check in normal and nigtmare so im not sure am i getting that bonus either)
Another thing is when i lvl up from lvl64 to 65 im also get 15 stats and 3 skill pts 8-O

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:37 am

@Azmodan: you sure you have the right dlls installed? not ones from another mod? redownload the mod and overwrite your old dlls.

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:01 am

Umm...yea that the the first thing i did after i got that weird bonus cause i thought a use the wrong dll , but now im lvling up again to lvl66 and still got 15 stats and 3 skill pts .

Anyone else notice this or its just me :( :?:

#5D876CHC_Omicron

Post by #5D876CHC_Omicron » Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:52 am

well, you're supposed to get the 2 skill points from Tyrael, it was in the original LoD. I don't know about the other thing, though... it'll take me a while until I get there, i'm still in Lut Gholein cruisin around...
Darkness called... but I didn't hear the phone ring. He didn't leave a message either. I tried to star-69 darkness, but he didn't answer. Darkness needs to get DSL. His line is always busy!

P51mus

Post by P51mus » Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:54 am

Hrm...

I know Demon Trip gave 3 skill points per level (forget the stat point number though).

Are you really sure you have the right dlls?

Did you unzip from the 1.06 BGmod zip file to get the replacement dlls?

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:03 am

minor, minor graphical bug: the fire and ice crystals have little black boxes around them

not urgent, fix this later.

Azmodan
Paladin

Post by Azmodan » Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:29 am

Well yea i know that is supposed to be like that in LOD after izual quest , but the problem is....i get that bonus after kill izual and havent go to tyrale yet but i cant remember is that 2 or 3 skill pts .

And if i using the wrong dll i should get 15 stats and 3 skill pts since beginning but no i just get normal skill/stats before this , everything is normal before i kill izual and im lvl ing to lvl 65 (now 66 and still get that bonus) .And nope i dont think im using demon trip dll cause in demon trip the stats is 5 and skill 3 per/lvl. Btw heres the 3 dll that i use , so maybe some1 know is this the correct or wrong dll (but this may cant help much)

D2common.dll create/modified :Wednesday, April 17, 2002 11:41:16 AM
D2client.dll create/modified :Monday, June 24, 2002 11:35:48 AM
D2game.dll create/modified :Tuesday, June 18, 2002 8:05:22 AM

Well i'll try to lvling again and check am i still getting this bug or not :(

Edit: im also try to start a new char and everything was normal in my new char (5stats/1skill) so i think im using the correct dll

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”