How to use the Book of Skills and Scrolls???

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

No votes

Total votes: 0

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:38 pm

As a passive skill dodge/avoid/evade should work. I've done similar things in other mods and it has worked.
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:53 am

[quote=Dreadlord90";p="308131"]I was using dodge/avoid/evade on a paladin, and I think it works. At least you can HEAR amazon's avoiding shouts :))[/quote]
really?!?!?! 8-O
i got to check this out myself!
to be or not to be that is a question...

TFW Network@Hamachi : TFW_Fans#01 / Pass: TFW
TFW Fan Site : tfwfans.googlepages.com

ryuken

Post by ryuken » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:21 am

With a Paladin, but come out amazon's avoiding shouts ??? That's funny......

But, is there not animation action for his dodge??

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:50 pm

I believe the characters do some action, but the animation is very short -- thus unnoticeable. This has been toyed with since 1.10 came out.

Here's some insight: viewtopic.php?t=39418&highlight=evade+classes

Note we could add Leap and Leap attack to the Book of Skills, and I might have a play with those assassin skills now :twisted:
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:31 pm

[quote=GuyAskingQuestion";p="308269"]Note we could add Leap and Leap attack to the Book of Skills, and I might have a play with those assassin skills now :twisted:[/quote]
All 210 player skills are available as scrolls and books, functional or not. If we ever get a master list of what doesn't work for off-class characters, I might weed out those items and recipes.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Dreadlord90
Paladin

Post by Dreadlord90 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:09 pm

[quote=ryuken";p="308216"]With a Paladin, but come out amazon's avoiding shouts ??? That's funny......

But, is there not animation action for his dodge??[/quote]

In vanilla 1.10, I equipped my Sorceress with a weapon that had Bash [Barbarian skill on charges], when I used this Bash, my Sorceress began to shout like Barbarian :mrgreen: :lol: This applies to all skills that have their unique sounds :)))
We waited centuries for this moment. The rivers will flow with blood of those who oppose us. Kane

ryuken

Post by ryuken » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:55 am

[quote=Dreadlord90";p="308401"][quote=ryuken";p="308216"]With a Paladin, but come out amazon's avoiding shouts ??? That's funny......

But, is there not animation action for his dodge??[/quote]

In vanilla 1.10, I equipped my Sorceress with a weapon that had Bash [Barbarian skill on charges], when I used this Bash, my Sorceress began to shout like Barbarian :mrgreen: :lol: This applies to all skills that have their unique sounds :)))[/quote]
That's cool. I think i will "bash" some enemy with my sorceress when come to Unleashed Fury, especially those [Lightning Enhanced].... :mrgreen:

ryuken

Post by ryuken » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:58 am

I saw a lot of different Skill's name.
Some time i really dont know what type of the skill is............ do we have a list of skill tree for each char in this mod??

I got not enough Leather Cover to translate hem all.............

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:58 pm

give me some more time, i will list them out on the fan site :D
to be or not to be that is a question...

TFW Network@Hamachi : TFW_Fans#01 / Pass: TFW
TFW Fan Site : tfwfans.googlepages.com

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”