How to use the Book of Skills and Scrolls???

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

No votes

Total votes: 0

fo51

How to use the Book of Skills and Scrolls???

Post by fo51 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:16 am

:) :oops:
a man should be an kind man.

SiLenTx
Retired staff
Angel

Post by SiLenTx » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:17 am

If you're lucky enough to find a Book of Raise Ghost, combine it with the Scroll of Raise Ghost in the cube to upgrade its level by 1 up to level 20...

Book of Skill (level x) + Scroll of Skill = Book of Skill (level x + 1)

where x is the current level of your book :)

Jade
Champion of the Light

Post by Jade » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:27 am

And a book does what?

Did you make this game like Nez?

Jade
Rage is the only freedom left me.

You want to be a man, step to a man.
You want to be a b*tch, talk behind his back

Stop the rumors, squash the bullsh*t, We're all here to have fun right?

SiLenTx
Retired staff
Angel

Post by SiLenTx » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:51 am

Huh?? I can't understand your question and what about nez?? I didn't played that mod yet...

Nyarla
Paladin

Post by Nyarla » Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:08 pm

Well, I don't if it's the same aim, but here's my question : I created a barb... I found a book of axe mastery. This one has a yellow name (rare items) and different magic modifiers : axe mastery (1 cherge), resist cold, ans add life. So it's written that I have to keep it in my inventory... But nothing happens :( (the axe mastery skill does not apply).

Is there something I didn't understand ? Thanks
If your spirit is sharp, your sword can do everything you want

fo51

thanx a lot !

Post by fo51 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:52 pm

:oops: :lol: :)
a man should be an kind man.

Deathscythe
Retired staff
Angel
Philippines

Re: thanx a lot !

Post by Deathscythe » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:36 pm

fo51" wrote::oops: :lol: :)
i think you just violate the TOS ... please read the Term Of Services first before posting..

Code: Select all

ix) Refrain from posting unnecessary one or two word responses to existing threads including but not limited to 'LOL', 'W00t' or any similar postings. If someone posts something amusing, EVERYONE in the forum does not need to respond with his or her approval. If you feel your message is necessary, please accompany your response with at least a sentence of reasonable length relating to the subject matter. 
this will be your first official warning... thanks..

colosssus
Paladin

Post by colosssus » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:30 am

from what i've seen books are kind of like charges. for you to use that skill you must open up the current skill tab on the right side of your screen, then select the skill charge and use it. lvl 1 skills have one charge lvl 2 skills have 2, to recharge these books buy a scarab and mix it in the horadric cube. This is all speculation from me seeing as i have only just started. Oh and also to lvl up your books cvombine the book with a scroll of the same type. ie book of ghost + scroll of Ghost= lvl 2 book of ghost.
All things shall be revealed through the passage of time

Kurie

Post by Kurie » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:03 am

Ok, so what does the book do than? No one has answered that question. We see here how to upgrade the books, but what do they actually do?

aRacHnE
Paladin

Post by aRacHnE » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:46 am

Read below its the answer to your question Kurie :)
SiLenTx" wrote:If you're lucky enough to find a Book of Raise Ghost, combine it with the Scroll of Raise Ghost in the cube to upgrade its level by 1 up to level 20...
Book of Skill (level x) + Scroll of Skill = Book of Skill (level x + 1)

where x is the current level of your book :)
the rest in the read me file :mrgreen:

But here are the different kind of books....

========================
Book of Skills
========================

a. Summoner's Books
====================

work as charms... obviously they have charges and enables you to cast or summon creatures according to skills... If you're running out of charges, buy a scarab and transmute it to charge the book but be aware the other stats will be random... but the skill and skill level was fix...

b. Mastery Books
==================

work as charms and also have charges (1 charge is enough) but the skill doesn't need to be on your right mouse button in order for them to work because they are passive skills... to see the effect use a weapon that your mastery book implies... so if it's a Book of Axe Mastery, use an axe, open your character tabs and look for your damages and attack ratings if it will change or upgrade once you put and lift the book on your inventory... doesn't need a scarab to charge because its unlimited...

c. Aura Books
=============

work as charms and also have charges (1 charge is enough) skill needs to be on your right mouse to activate ofcourse because its an aura... again doesnt need a scarab to charge because 1 charge was already unlimited...

Do I make myself clear??? Com'on guys v1.02 is great... It doesn't need the +2 to skills/+6 to stats per levelup, An item with 75 mods due to fury gems and a maximum sockets will full of leighann jewels!
Com'on guys wake up!!!...
"when things go bad r'member u have 2 options...swallow or spit!" ~dahLia®

Jack_350

Post by Jack_350 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:20 pm

So if I have a barbarian with a level 30 sword mastery and then have a book of skill with a level 20 sword mastery, will my total sword mastery be 50? or would it still be 30?

Plus if i had a summoning druid with a minion mastery, would that efect my minons?

Profound_Darkness
Champion of the Light

Post by Profound_Darkness » Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:26 pm

hmm, thats an interesting question... I would bet though that its like auras... only one of them will be in effect (non-cumulative). the question is then which one triggers first, not known. but if you have a level 30 sword mastery and a 20th level sword mastery book, loose the book as you are waisting invintory space at the best and you have a level 20 sword mastery (instead of 30) at worst.

colosssus
Paladin

Post by colosssus » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:01 pm

does anyone know how to make an extracted rune magical or rare? I made tiru with the 2 to mana after each kill only being displayed, like it's supposed to.... so how can i make this rune magical as i intend on using it to make silence and according to the readme i can make it magical which will make silence even better :twisted: well thats what i hope will happen :mrgreen:
All things shall be revealed through the passage of time

Gezmere

Post by Gezmere » Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:53 am

aRacHnE" wrote:
========================
Book of Skills
========================

a. Summoner's Books
====================

work as charms... obviously they have charges and enables you to cast or summon creatures according to skills... If you're running out of charges, buy a scarab and transmute it to charge the book but be aware the other stats will be random... but the skill and skill level was fix...
I'd like to add you can repair this like charges if you want to keep the same charm like stats on your book, but it has its price.

SiLenTx
Retired staff
Angel

Post by SiLenTx » Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:44 am

Profound_Darkness" wrote:hmm, thats an interesting question... I would bet though that its like auras... only one of them will be in effect (non-cumulative). the question is then which one triggers first, not known. but if you have a level 30 sword mastery and a 20th level sword mastery book, loose the book as you are waisting invintory space at the best and you have a level 20 sword mastery (instead of 30) at worst.
Thats true :) My barb found a book of axe mastery and its working well... that is the time that I don't have any points yet on axe mastery skill in skilltab... after 5 mins of smashing some rogues in Burial Grounds, they dropped Scroll of Axe mastery then I'd upgraded my book to level 2 and the bonuses are working great... but when I tried putting 1 point on Axe mastery, it seems like they're ignoring the book's bonuses so it becomes useless once you've put skill points on the same skill based on what your book gives... is there anyone of you who experienced the same??

If the statement above was true then I don't think its a major problem since the book's level doesn't increase when you have + to all skill bonuses so its better to throw them away than keeping them in your inv. If you want lvl 20 only to a certain skill then keep your book and don't put a skill points on it... just distribute them to another skills :)

BTW... I've noticed that Book of Warmth is not working... but I'm not sure :?:

Treborius

Post by Treborius » Fri Sep 20, 2002 7:57 pm

so what is about the book of warmth? i wanna do a sorc and i dont know if i have to put points in warmth, but cause ill use hydra i have to put 1 point in it, does someone tried it or have i to do so?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:25 am

The simple answer is, only use books that give you skills you cannot have in other ways. My Zon is doing quite fine with several Paladin auras from books. Since they take up a fair amount of room, you don't want too many anyways.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Sparks

Post by Sparks » Sat Sep 21, 2002 1:55 pm

I found a yellow "rare" book. What happens to the extra effects modifications if I transmute it to level 2? Do they get randomly regenerated like non- rare books do? Will it stay rare?

Treborius

Post by Treborius » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:56 am

when updating an rare book it will become magic, most of the times i think

aengus

Post by aengus » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:00 pm

If you find a book of warmth for instance and then find another book of warmth, can you somehow combine the two books or does it only work with a book+scroll?

DeadAdair

Post by DeadAdair » Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:48 am

@angus: it only works with book and scrolls
but i have another question about the mastery books: Does they really work on "foreign" chars, i.e. is there an effect like
"lightning mastery" enhances "Lightning Fury"? It would be great but i don´t thing so........

Xeroproject

Post by Xeroproject » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:57 pm

SiLenTx" wrote: Thats true :) My barb found a book of axe mastery and its working well... that is the time that I don't have any points yet on axe mastery skill in skilltab... after 5 mins of smashing some rogues in Burial Grounds, they dropped Scroll of Axe mastery then I'd upgraded my book to level 2 and the bonuses are working great... but when I tried putting 1 point on Axe mastery, it seems like they're ignoring the book's bonuses so it becomes useless once you've put skill points on the same skill based on what your book gives... is there anyone of you who experienced the same??

BTW... I've noticed that Book of Warmth is not working... but I'm not sure :?:
Fact.

My Barb has sword mastery and I found a book of sword mastery, it appears that the skill points + book is not cumulative.

Also, I have a lvl 3 book of warmth, it does not appear to be working at all, because my mana doesn't recover any quicker with it equipped.

I also have a question, I have a book of prayer and for some reason it costs me mana points to have the prayer aura active. Did I not notice that prayer has always cost mana points or is this just bizzarre?

Str1per

Post by Str1per » Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:03 pm

The book of warmth is not working, thats right. :cry:
Book and Skill are not adding themselve.
Prayer is a palaskill, which costs mana per health. So i think, that is logical.

Fates End

Post by Fates End » Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:41 pm

Does anyone have any ideas of how the cold/lightning/fire masteries work with say, an amazon? I was hoping my throwing mastery/lightning mastery books would really boost the damage I'm doing with lightning fury, but from what I can tell, does absolutely nothing.

O'mortus

Post by O'mortus » Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:56 am

I havn't seen any results in Lightning Fury/Strike as well when using a book of Lightning and Throwing Mastery. If you're not already, I suggest using a book of Conviction to compensate for the two masteries. ;)

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”