ME Crashes

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

No votes

Total votes: 0

donruss

ME Crashes

Post by donruss » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:49 pm

I have played through Act 1 with no problems but in Act 2 this mod crashes at random times for no reason it seems. I get booted completely out of the game in single player mode and I get this message:

Halt
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6ff5da4c

I had just reinstalled Diablo and this is my only char so being an older toon from the regular game is not an issue. PLease advise as I like this mod very much!

donruss

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: ME Crashes

Post by Éowyn » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:46 pm

Do you play with LoD 1.10 or 1.11?
May the force be with you, always!

donruss

Post by donruss » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:08 am

I played with the latest update so most likely I've got 1.11

donruss

donruss

Post by donruss » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:48 am

Yes, I can conform that it is ver. 1.11

donruss

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:50 am

We are finding out that Patch 1.11 has some strange internals. If you can, reinstall and patch up to 1.10. Then follow discussions elsewhere on the Keep for dual version Diablo II to run mods in 1.10 and vanilla in 1.11. (For that matter, patch to 1.09d and you can run Zy-El and other 1.09 mods, then run M-E and 1.10 mods in that version, and run vanilla in 1.11.)

Although we provide many clean files in our File Center, we cannot and will not provide downloads for game.exe. So the only way to revert is to reinstall.

Also, if nobody posts after yours and you want to add more comment, please edit the previous post instead of successively posting. Longtime Phrozen Keep members have commented the site is slowing down, and the number of posts in the database are a big part of that.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Richardc269

Post by Richardc269 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:32 am

I'm getting an error while trying to start up LoD.

It's saying: "Cannot Load D2Launch.dll"

What should I do? (And I cannot reinstall Diablo 2 since I lost the Install Disc to original D2, so thats completely out of the question). Is Middle Earth mod supposed to run with LoD? Or just Diablo 2? I'm assuming it's supposed to run with LoD 1.10. I don't have 1.11 installed and haven't played D2 on Bnet in like a year or so, so I got 1.10 patch.

Is there a way to fix this #182 error without having to reinstall Diablo 2?

JR.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:55 am

You can go to our File Center and download the clean DLLs package for 1.10, as long as the game.exe you have is v1.10 and uncorrupted that should be sufficient.

The last few versions of ME are for LoD and the latest is for v1.10.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Richardc269

Post by Richardc269 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:34 am

Alright...the game loads, but when I use the mod, it does this funny thing.

No NPC or monster is showing up in the game, and when I come across an item (from a dead corpse or a chest), I can only pick up gold, and when I hover my mouse over my potions or eqipped items, it just says "Welcome to Hobbiton", and it doesn't make any sound when I take off and put an item on. Is there anything to fix this? And has anyone had this happen to them before?

Oldih

Post by Oldih » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:07 pm

Sounds like something is messed up in your D2 directory somehow, and I had similiar problems long time ago. When I reinstaled D2, the problem seemed to disappear into the black abyss that spawned the problem.

So I suggest reinstalling, and backup your saves before you do it.

Richardc269

Post by Richardc269 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:34 pm

Re-installing D2 is outta the question for me. I only have the "Play" and "Cinnematics" disks. I somehow lost the "Install" disk, I tore my room apart a few months ago looking for it, but I can't find it, so re-installing it is totally not happening, and I don't have money to buy another one, so thats not happening either. Unless I'm able to borrow a disk, but I doubt I'd be able to do that either...

Oldih

Post by Oldih » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:59 pm

Tough luck mate :/
A Wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Return to “V&K Mods”