Drops question

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

Blumpkinstein

Drops question

Post by Blumpkinstein » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:29 am

I love the mod. Nice tweaks, good difficulty and alot of annoyances have been removed. I am use PlugY 7.01b for the stash boost and for the stat and skill reassign feature. I like being able to experiment with lots of builds without having to build and rebuild the same danged char again and again.

Anyhow, I am wondering if PlugY may be causing this or is it just a game feature but I have only found 1 unique and have found NO set items at all.
I am currently in act 3 normal.

I am not hurting for items really, the blue and socketed items I have found are better than most of the uniques/set items from vanilla D2X.
I am just curious about the new items.

Oldih

Re: Drops question

Post by Oldih » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:04 pm

Well the chances of getting uniques in normal is rather low, and most of the uniques are not-so good and some are simply very poor, same applies for most sets overall, with expection of several buildtypes.

First unique I ever found in MEMod was from one random enemy in act4 and it was Veasse the Ring of Youth with /players 4 on.

So in common rule, most weapons uniques are pretty bad in MEMod with few expections for low or midlevels, while some armours, shields and stuff can be very good uniques.

If you want to hunt for uniques, well play some char to hell difficulty and try doing Dol Guldur (=travincal) runs, since there you can find easily some uniques. Morgoth runs (=baal runs) are the most profitable but very dangerous, even though I have one "godlike" sorc at level 89, she is having quite problems sometimes in the throne room and even in the inner sanctuar, though she has quite "godly" gear, merc and skill allocations in MEMod.

So in common, they are not so "common" as possibly in the vanilla Diablo II, but some uniques can be very powerful, such as Vilya the Ring of Air which grants +2 all skills, 90% light res (if I remember right), 15% to max light res, good dualleech and so on. Or amulet as "The Elessar" grants you nice IAS, hit recovery, slightly defence, resistances, damage reduction and so on.

So if you find uniques, prey that they are jewelry since there are only few mid-level unique weapons which are really worth using, and high-level uniques even less.

So one nice feature of MEMod, rares and crafted items are actually useful than the vanillas regulation that uniques > else. But there are some few, really powerful uniques which makes you literally drool :cool:
A Wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Blumpkinstein

Re: Drops question

Post by Blumpkinstein » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:11 am

Alrighty then, thanks for the info.

Return to “V&K Mods”